Votes: 56 59.6%
  • Completely unjustified / MadTown sucks

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Huh? (Forrest Gump)

Votes: 9 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jlynn

Get on the phone and call support. Ask them. Got to the Hub and ask. It's in every training video I've ever seen.

However, not trying to win an argument here or prove anything. Don't need to. So no, not posting any documentation whatsoever.

At the end of day, still maintain it's common sense and good customer service.

How would you answer this question in a job interview?
You DO need to prove it. It’s the basis for your entire position that calling the rider IS stated in the TOS. You have consistently made this claim, whilst consistently failing to show proof of YOUR claim. You’ve also made the threat of reporting a fellow driver to corporate over this. That alone is pretty serious, and now you say you’re not going to bother providing the documentation to support your argument?

Why are you even here then? If you can’t back up what you say with factual information, and you expect others to find your supporting evidence for you, your credibility becomes worthless.
Post automatically merged:

On an X ride it is required.
?
Again, you need to stop making an argument that you refuse to show supporting evidence for.

Last edited:

MiamiKid

You DO need to prove it. It’s the basis for your entire position that calling the rider IS stated in the TOS. You have consistently made this claim, whilst consistently failing to show proof of YOUR claim. You’ve also made the threat of reporting a fellow driver to corporate over this. That alone is pretty serious, and now you say you’re not going to bother providing the documentation to support your argument?

Why are you even here then? If you can’t back up what you say with factual information, and you expect others to find your supporting evidence for you, your credibility becomes worthless.

Again, you need to stop making an argument that you refuse to show supporting evidence for.
Do NOT need to provide any proof whatsoever. And won't. Don't care what you believe.

Do you have a comprehension problem? Not trying to win an argument or solve a puzzle. What I'm saying is SO common basic business, and legal, knowledge that I don't to provide any documentation.

If you don't believe me, check it out for yourself.

MAGA
?

BTW: Turning in all fraudulent drivers.
?

Jlynn

Do NOT need to provide any proof whatsoever. And won't. Don't care what you believe.

Do you have a comprehension problem? Not trying to win an argument or solve a puzzle. What I'm saying is SO common basic business, and legal, knowledge that I don't to provide any documentation.

If you don't believe me, check it out for yourself.

MAGA
?

BTW: Turning in all fraudulent drivers.
?
You act like a bratty, entitled child. Grow up.

Oh wait. I see the problem. Never mind Cheeto lover. Stay (un)classy.

MiamiKid

You act like a bratty, entitled child. Grow up.

Oh wait. I see the problem. Never mind Cheeto lover. Stay (un)classy.
Nope, where I'm from it's called basic manners and class.

Also, the fact that this bothers you so much, makes me wonder what's going on, with you, and you're market?

Jlynn

Nope, where I'm from it's called basic manners and class.

Also, the fact that this bothers you so much, makes me wonder what's going on, with you, and you're market?
If you’re going to try and straw man a conversation, at least make sure it makes sense.

flataffect

Yes a lot of effort to go there wasn't it? Good argument for taking 10 seconds to send a text to see if the pax comes strolling on out huh? Would have saved all that time looking around and sitting where he knows he shouldn't ignoring the pax trying to get his attention now that he finally triggered the pin.

If you want to rip off pax do it. Don't try to blow smoke up my behind to convince me that isn't what you are doing. I know better.
Why do you hate the TOS so much?

Ubernomics

This morning I got a ping to a local hotel situated in the corner of where an interstate meets a highway. The address was accurate but the pin was placed, unfortunately, on the shoulder of the ramp that allows a motorist to turn from the highway to the interstate.

Being the good-natured driver that I am, I realized the pax's error and headed towards the hotel. I pulled into the carport and looked inside the lobby. No one was making any moves except a couple of guys who came out and got into a pickup truck. At that point I realized I wasn't close enough to the pin to start the cancel fee timer.

I waited another minute and then pulled around back. I got out of the car with my phone and took a nice little walk through the parking lot and that of the property next door. I still could not get close enough to the pin to start the timer. I wasn't getting paid for my time.

So I got back into the car and made a complete circle of the hotel building. Again I pulled into the car port and looked into the lobby. Again I saw no one who seemed interested in transportation. At this point more than 5 minutes had elapsed since I first pulled into the carport. Of course, since I hadn't arrived at the pin, the rider did not receive a "your driver has arrived" notification. I made no effort to contact the rider because at this point I was fairly frustrated.

I left the hotel and got back onto the highway. I took the ramp to the interstate and slowed way down as I approached the pin. I put my flashers on and pulled over onto the shoulder. I crept along to the pin and smelled the aroma of freshly hacked weeds as my car smacked into them. I came to a full stop when I saw the countdown start.

Like an idiot I sat there on the shoulder of a highway ramp. Approximately four cars whizzed past me. At four minutes, I got a message from the rider "I am holding up a red light on my phone (automated message)" but to no avail -- I had made my decision. At this point, there was no way I would circle back around to the hotel...I would have had to proceed down the interstate for several miles and turned around.

A few seconds after the timer hit 5:00 I hit Cancel - Rider Not Here. Sweet justice! I had gotten paid almost $10 (it was a long pickup) and the rider had been educated on proper pin placement.

What do y'all think? Was this a "shuffle", justified, or completely despicable?
It doesn't pay to be aloof as a pax, its costly.

Tampa Bay Hauler

This morning I got a ping to a local hotel situated in the corner of where an interstate meets a highway. The address was accurate but the pin was placed, unfortunately, on the shoulder of the ramp that allows a motorist to turn from the highway to the interstate.

Being the good-natured driver that I am, I realized the pax's error and headed towards the hotel. I pulled into the carport and looked inside the lobby. No one was making any moves except a couple of guys who came out and got into a pickup truck. At that point I realized I wasn't close enough to the pin to start the cancel fee timer.

I waited another minute and then pulled around back. I got out of the car with my phone and took a nice little walk through the parking lot and that of the property next door. I still could not get close enough to the pin to start the timer. I wasn't getting paid for my time.

So I got back into the car and made a complete circle of the hotel building. Again I pulled into the car port and looked into the lobby. Again I saw no one who seemed interested in transportation. At this point more than 5 minutes had elapsed since I first pulled into the carport. Of course, since I hadn't arrived at the pin, the rider did not receive a "your driver has arrived" notification. I made no effort to contact the rider because at this point I was fairly frustrated.

I left the hotel and got back onto the highway. I took the ramp to the interstate and slowed way down as I approached the pin. I put my flashers on and pulled over onto the shoulder. I crept along to the pin and smelled the aroma of freshly hacked weeds as my car smacked into them. I came to a full stop when I saw the countdown start.

Like an idiot I sat there on the shoulder of a highway ramp. Approximately four cars whizzed past me. At four minutes, I got a message from the rider "I am holding up a red light on my phone (automated message)" but to no avail -- I had made my decision. At this point, there was no way I would circle back around to the hotel...I would have had to proceed down the interstate for several miles and turned around.

A few seconds after the timer hit 5:00 I hit Cancel - Rider Not Here. Sweet justice! I had gotten paid almost $10 (it was a long pickup) and the rider had been educated on proper pin placement.

What do y'all think? Was this a "shuffle", justified, or completely despicable?
How many of you drivers on here hate it when a rider gives you a low rating for some small thing you may have done? I'm amazed at all of the stupid sh!t you just did to "teach" someone something. They still don't know how to use the locator probably. After you got your cancellation fee did you go to the person and show them how to use it? I hate to vote "completely despicable" because you are going to enjoy it like a masochist getting kicked in the balls.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How many of you drivers on here hate it when a rider gives you a low rating for some small thing you may have done? I'm amazed at all of the stupid sh!t you just did to "teach" someone something. They still don't know how to use the locator probably. After you got your cancellation fee did you go to the person and show them how to use it? I hate to vote "completely despicable" because you are going to enjoy it like a masochist getting kicked in the balls.
You know you're right. I shouldn't have wasted time going to the hotel car port / main entrance TWICE. I should have driven to the pin, waited 5, and collected my fee ASAP.

Thanks for helping me improve my efficiency.

Rick James *

I believe everyone here knows how I feel about the phrase "shuffling". The claim to fame is from DC where this means something very different.

If a pax makes me wait too long, I will happily cancel and collect. But I will not commit fraud.

I've had great satisfaction watching people in the rear view mirror as I drive off. But I was on the pin.
don't like it, don't do it. what does it matter to you what others do? I don't but I don't judge anyone's hustle.