Should we sue Uber for unpaid Tolls?

Are you having trouble being reimbursed for tolls?

• Total voters

Funky Monkey

My theory is that by excluding most tolls, save $2.00 for DFW, and by also excluding a tipping feature, Uber is suppressing rates to compete with Lyft at their drivers expense (I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS IS A GLITCH). Uber generally includes the Dallas North Tollway. However, when I drive I have to fight tooth and nail to be reimbursed for that extra $1 if I'm in DFW for more than 30 minutes (it's $3.00, not $2.00 leaving DFW), and for PGBT and SRT as well.

It doesn't matter how detailed my request is: name of toll, amount etc. The CSRs repeatedly ask me to take screen shots of multiple tolls in my toll app, as well as screen shots of DFW parking receipts that seem to come 12 or more hours after the fact, and then to attach them to the CSR's email. They have no idea how difficult and time-consuming that is. However, Uber's management knows exactly what they're doing and it's at our expense.

Bear in mind, most newbie drivers have no idea they need to request reimbursement in the first place, a fact I'm sure Uber is taking advantage of. In a nutshell, Uber is screwing its new drivers while making it difficult for their existing drivers to collect tolls. I'd appreciate hearing what y'all have to say whether you agree or not.

Last edited:

Funky Monkey

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll deliver pax but I won't pick up at DFW. Too much hassle, time, and trouble for the chance of getting a reasonably long drive.
I'm with you there twinwillow. Used to bang out DFW to Plano/Friso all night, especially on Thursdays, but having to fight for/sometimes not receive the $3.02 (dfw, denton tap and josey main) is a bit much. $20-3=$17 and no tip doesn't add up for me either.

Cquebe3

I'll pick up from DFW only if I had a trip that takes me there in the first place,

On another note I've never not gotten the correct toll amount after sending them a

Funky Monkey

I'll pick up from DFW only if I had a trip that takes me there in the first place,

On another note I've never not gotten the correct toll amount after sending them a
Cquebe3, you're right. It's hard to justify not waiting for a fare certain times of day after you've dropped off at DFW. I've been getting 50%+ pushback from CSR for toll reimbursement lately (nor am I automatically reimbursed for Dallas North Tollway), neither of which is normal. Making sure I'm not the only one!

Uberdummy

Uber is pure lying sleaze. They lie through their teeth about tolls. Sometimes Dallas North Tollway tolls log and most times they don't. They can log every single toll to the penny with their software. They hope you won't notice or won't bother so the pax has a lower bill. I make the scum pay out on every single toll i don't care what i have to go through. DFW will continue to be a pos to pick up from as long as STUPID drivers park out there in droves. I hope every one of you fools gets an 8 dollar fare to Irving after a 1.5 hour wait.

Funky Monkey

Uberdummy, I want every rider to know they are supporting a morally bankrupt company (Uber). Get the word out, especially if a Lyftie aks! I can't believe I've sunk to the point where I'm jumping through flaming hoops for a buck or two (based on principle). Even when I've had a good day, I know I have this to look forward to at the end of it.

AllenChicago

Lyft isn't any better. The company doesn't know (or pretends not to know) about a whole lot of toll collection points! They ask ME to send THEM a map of where they are. I send the link to the Tollway authority map that shows the locations and how much is collected, and they say it isn't good enough. Duh!

Sh$t, if they want to stop reimbursing us, at least the companies could be manly enough to let us know, and just change the policy.

dirtylee

While uber has been obtuse at times with reimbursement; lyft otoh took many emails. Honestly, I have no idea whether lyft even paid it or not. Finding out payments on lyft systems is much harder & hidden compared to ubers. I can easily spot issues that need to be fixed within the uber app & request a fix right away.

Cary Grant

I'm adding money to my toll account almost every day. On average, I have to provide proof (screen shot) of a toll about once every fifty tolls. The rest of the time, my requests for reimbursement are honored, without question, usually within minutes. The days of automatic reimbursement seem to have ended over a year ago, albeit with a few exceptions, but the manual process works for me.

Dallas007

I've not faithfully tracked it. I do check to see if a 'toll' is part of the total fare... but it is wrong to assume that just because you got some portion of toll reimbursement that it is correct. Every one I've checked has been short; now if its over a dollar, i'm pinging them. In a separate thread someone suggested this to approach when the CSR says to 'send screen shots / proof, etc: "...your app / process captures the exact trip so you know where I entered and exited the toll road; you also have the NTTA rate table; so please escalate this to a supervisor for resolution and adjusted payment of ....$"
I've tried this once... it worked ; money approved with a 'nice email' back to me within the hour.

Joe Human

Every time I run on the lower DNT, the Wycliff toll ($1.48) is never included. I write CSR an email and include a downloaded report from NTTA showing that I was billed for the toll, where and when, so it correlates with the info Uber has on my ride. I have been reimbursed quickly every time. However, it really is a hassle to review all of my rides every day and write an email, just about every day, for reimbursement.
I'm not sure there is an effort by Uber to ripe drivers off; that is such a tiny amount compared to the millions they make every day. However, it is something they could fix.

Dallas007

Today I requested and received a 2.14 (Mockingbird to GBT) toll; immediate payment ; no questions. I then followed up what can be done to fix this and remove hassle... ANS:
Thanks for reaching out,
Our team is aware of this issue. We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused and we appreciate your patience as we work to resolve it as quickly as we can.

financeguy13

I'm with you there twinwillow. Used to bang out DFW to Plano/Friso all night, especially on Thursdays, but having to fight for/sometimes not receive the $3.02 (dfw, denton tap and josey main) is a bit much. $20-3=$17 and no tip doesn't add up for me either.
It's getting so ridiculous with getting toll reimbursements, especially Denton Tap and Josey Main. I used to get reimbursed rather immediately. Now I'm getting replies that say they checked and the tolls are included, generic canned response.

Well I'll tell you something Uber. I am only asking for toll reimbursement for tolls that are charged on my toll account. Trust me when I say drivers are not going to make this stuff up for $0.56 here and $1.46 there. It's time consuming and makes for a bad customer experience. I send them a screenshot of my toll charges when asked but still not getting reimbursed promptly.

I had one a couple weeks ago where the CSR, instead of adding the missing toll amount, replaced the toll on the receipt with the missing amount. So while I got the missing toll, I was now out the toll that was originally applied. It took a trip to the green light office to get the amount added, but even then it was added as a fare amount and noticed later that 25% was deducted.

It's this kind of garbage that makes drivers drive less, quit or just forget about airport pickups.

financeguy13

I do tell the passenger to expect a second receipt/charge for tolls and that I'm only submitting the toll amounts I was charged as a driver.

It's poor customer service all the way around. The Uber employee told me that the second email they get doesn't have an option to rate again, but anytime you're sending out additional emails with charges it opens the door for a passenger to lower their rating.

Dallas007

The canned respsonses are a bit much ; I put in my survey comments; probably won't help :smiles:
latest one:
"Thanks for writing in. All surcharges/tolls were correctly accounted for on this trip and you have been fully reimbursed. Pick-Ups and Drop-Offs at both DFW Airport and Dallas Love Field Airport are paid in-full and displayed in your Payment Statement.
Submitting 'Missing Toll' requests are not necessary for Pick-Ups/Drop-Offs at both DFW Airport & DAL Airport.
As for now if you have any other concerns please don't hesitate to contact us or you may visit our help page too.
Uber on!"​
In particular i like the submitting missing toll requests are not necessary ... :smiles: ahhh uhhh well if they are missing the request is necessary!
Also, i picked up in this forum and it seems to work... i never submit screen shots of NTTA anymore...
- in the initial request: '...you have the trip report clearly showing these entry and exit points and the NTTA toll chart; please add xyz to my account
- if the first request come back with nonsense; then '...please escalate this to someone who can authorize this adjustment' (this has worked without need for all the attachments, screen shots, etc.)

uberlyfer

The Governor of Massachusetts just signed a new "Ridesharing Law" that has many provisions. The article I read on it said all rideshare companies will now HAVE TO provide their drivers with a toll transponder (EZ-Pass) just for when they're ridesharing. This should prevent a lot of this nonsense, but there could still be times when the transponder doesn't work, and you'd get a bill in the mail which you'd have to send to Uber/Lyft/etc, and probably have to figure out what ride it was from.