Should Uber have a better vetting process?

Jonny2017

I could be a very bad driver, be of questionable character, yet I can sign up to drive.

Should there be better processes in place to ensure only quality individuals are signed to drive?

I cite my last few rides with Uber than have been pretty bloody ordinary...

What are your thoughts?

fields

The vetting process is in the hands of the RMS not Uber. If you were really a bad driver and/or a very unsavioury character but have never been caught, then it will be up to passengers to rate you down and eventually have you removed from the platform.

soontobeautomated

Yup. FUber are too cheap to even do a basic interview. They are happy to "outsource" any responsbilities to the suitabilty to be a "partner" to the general public. The public seem to love it. Being popular as a driver is what UBer's ongoing success relies on.

I was thinking this morning how awesome it would be if a rival company with higher standards came along and poached the best rated drivers and paid them a little more. Essentially the table would turn on FUber and they would be the training ground for a superior customer experience for their rival. Dreaming I know...... but FUber would then be offering the same service standards as Taxi's if this was to happen. There goes the $60b+ US in capital built on the experience essentially paid for and delivered by the ANTS.

Jonny2017

Yup. FUber are too cheap to even do a basic interview. They are happy to "outsource" any responsbilities to the suitabilty to be a "partner" to the general public. The public seem to love it. Being popular as a driver is what UBer's ongoing success relies on.

I was thinking this morning how awesome it would be if a rival company with higher standards came along and poached the best rated drivers and paid them a little more. Essentially the table would turn on FUber and they would be the training ground for a superior customer experience for their rival. Dreaming I know...... but FUber would then be offering the same service standards as Taxi's if this was to happen. There goes the $60b+ US in capital built on the experience essentially paid for and delivered by the ANTS.
there's a business model there for some high flyer.

[email protected]

The job is to drive passengers around. One of the most unskilled jobs around. So there are not many barriers to entry. What would they even ask if there was an interview? Some here just think they are more skilled and important than they really are lol

Uber is just offering what the consumers want. Cheap fares. No one is going to enter the market and pay drivers more because passengers will just use uber as it will be the cheapest service.

weekendnightdriver

The job is to drive passengers around. One of the most unskilled jobs around. So there are not many barriers to entry. What would they even ask if there was an interview? Some here just think they are more skilled and important than they really are lol

Uber is just offering what the consumers want. Cheap fares. No one is going to enter the market and pay drivers more because passengers will just use uber as it will be the cheapest service.

Spot on. If someone really wants quality of service, there are SELECT and BLACK. Cheapskates just want 'A to B' and enjoy wielding the rating power.