• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Should the Asheville market drivers organize?

4ubersteven

I think it would be advisable for the drivers in the Asheville area have a meetup to get to know each other and discuss issues. Let me know if you'd be interested in participating.

Steven

Argos

I wouldn't mind a little bit more info. I have one friend that I know drives and it helps break up the night to play tag every now and then.

Hit me up of it becomes a thing.

Sue McQueen

I like the idea too. There are two Asheville Uber pages on Facebook that see very little interaction from riders or drivers. Perhaps if we make one that's for drivers only? Getting together once in a while or at least communicating sure can't hurt!

ÜberReise

Yes, I'd be interested to meet up with other drivers. There appears to be some interesting legal decisions out of CA that may affect us if they decide to expand the class action nationwide- depending on whether you opted out of arbitration clause.

4ubersteven

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like the idea too. There are two Asheville Uber pages on Facebook that see very little interaction from riders or drivers. Perhaps if we make one that's for drivers only? Getting together once in a while or at least communicating sure can't hurt!
Sue, could you please post links to those two Facebook pages?

Chalice

The Asheville FB pages are not helpful or supportive! One of them didn't approve my request to join for three weeks and when I asked them about it they told me I had an attitude and wasn't welcome! This is not a professional way to handle yourself especially if you are a local person as reputation is everything in such a small network! :-)

Ryan_avl_uber

I'm interested in meeting fellow drivers. I think doing it on a weeknight, maybe Mondays, when we're not as busy. I'm new to Uber driving, so I'm not sure what's up with the strike stuff. I just drive. I make extra money on my days off and after work on the weekends. I see the other drivers rolling around downtown on the weekends. Keep me in the loop if you all want to start a private group on FB to communicate on there. Ryan

ADRIAN FOX

I THINK THIS WOULD BE A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO MEET OTHER DRIVERS AND GET SOME FEEDBACK ABOUT THE ASHEVILLE AIRPORT DEALINGS...... CHARGED WITH TRESPASSING .... WE WERE INVITED THERE BY OUR CLIENTS.... THIS IS THE SAME AS PICKING UP A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER.

NoNameNoGame

... ASHEVILLE AIRPORT DEALINGS...... CHARGED WITH TRESPASSING .... WE WERE INVITED THERE BY OUR CLIENTS.... THIS IS THE SAME AS PICKING UP A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER.
Not quite, unless friends and family pay you for your services.
Airports have a legal obligation to be as self-supporting as possible and may charge access fees. The key is consistent regulation and fees for similar types of service providers.

HotRodriguez75

I am utilizing the below app 'team collaboration' app in my signature which below are some highlights/features.
  1. Ability to require validation to join. I request a screenshot of your most recent pay statement sent via text to my google plus number.
  2. Ability to post events. We have a weekly meetup setup. Members are actively posting events in the area which is very helpful
  3. Ability to have multiple admins and co-admins
  4. Ability to post/comment similar to Facebook
  5. Ability to link to other bands which it would be nice to see other cities
  6. There is a main chat room which I deem as public information. Private chat rooms can be setup. My requirement to join the private chat is to meet in person and to be active. We use our private chat to post our whereabouts, what area is surging, where to meetup, etc.
  7. Ability to post location, pictures, videos, audio messages, text messages, etc.
Like the OP, I think it is imperative that drivers connect and support each other. If that is to discuss issues or just to be united, it does give a sense of community and positive things come from that. I am considering creating a Uber page and then allowing each city to create public and private chat rooms to coordinate local efforts.

Let me know if you are all are open to it.

JaxUbermom

image.jpg
Here is a chance to be heard. Yes, people have to pay the bills, and yes some will temporarily profit from those who support and do this, but those will Windfalls are only for a day. Help get rates back to where it's more like every day!!!

Pass it on to another city thread at least to give other drivers the chance to help themselves be heard!

Workinpnub

Okay I just started an Asheville group called "Asheville Drivers". Just download the app "Band" and type in Asheville drivers. Let's get organized everyone!