Should I Switch to Select?

Rocanlover

Though I don't see why any Select drivers would help increase their competition - I'm still hoping for honest, genuine answers.

Please help a fellow Uber dude. I've been doing Uber X since Jan 2015 and this week will have logged my 5,000 trip....nothing to be proud of but heck, I can't deny that doing Uber has helped me out quite a bit. It's definitely a love-hate.

I currently have the opportunity to switch to Select. I've gotten used to the Boost income and realize that I need to maintain my income at that level.

So my question for either Select partners or anyone whose friend drives Select: should I? Is it possible to earn ~$1,500/wk gross driving ~50 hrs/wk? Actual online hours....not counting breaks, etc.

I already know about increased costs of getting a select qualifying vehicle, gas, etc...... I just want to knw if I can gross $1,500.

Honest feedback is GREATLY appreciated!

Breezze

Though I don't see why any Select drivers would help increase their competition - I'm still hoping for honest, genuine answers.

Please help a fellow Uber dude. I've been doing Uber X since Jan 2015 and this week will have logged my 5,000 trip....nothing to be proud of but heck, I can't deny that doing Uber has helped me out quite a bit. It's definitely a love-hate.

I currently have the opportunity to switch to Select. I've gotten used to the Boost income and realize that I need to maintain my income at that level.

So my question for either Select partners or anyone whose friend drives Select: should I? Is it possible to earn ~$1,500/wk gross driving ~50 hrs/wk? Actual online hours....not counting breaks, etc.

I already know about increased costs of getting a select qualifying vehicle, gas, etc...... I just want to knw if I can gross $1,500.

With Select, You can get $1500 gross if you have time to sit out and wait for the select ping. Less driving miles but longer online hour (waiting time).

Adieu

NO

Select pays smaller numbers for less driving and less stress

The "opportunity" phrase also makes me think you're deeply confused about how much a select car should cost (the average LA UberX car should be tradeable for 2-4 select vehicles --- though operating costs WILL be higher on cheaper options)

kes1981

Select isn't like X at all. You need to know where to be and when to be there; then you have to get lucky. The Select market is @@@@@@edly saturated; far more drivers than demand. It will be very hard to make the money you want but the top Select drivers make that.

You need to be honest with yourself. Are you smarter than the other Select drivers? Are you willing to work harder than the other Select drivers? Chances are very good that you will need to work more than 50 hours a week though. You have to fight 10 drivers for that one ping; I don't think it's worth it but to each his own.

Digits

Its easier said than done but it's possible. As a driver,you must know it that it could be very disappointing if you think you could do what you see someone else doing. In reality, you will have to try it for yourself and improvise different strategies to see what's most lucrative for your business. Keep in mind, Select market is not even close to X in demand, and everyday ants are coming out by the truckload.

lvesq1906

Select isn't like X at all. You need to know where to be and when to be there; then you have to get lucky. The Select market is ******edly saturated; far more drivers than demand. It will be very hard to make the money you want but the top Select drivers make that.

You need to be honest with yourself. Are you smarter than the other Select drivers? Are you willing to work harder than the other Select drivers? Chances are very good that you will need to work more than 50 hours a week though. You have to fight 10 drivers for that one ping; I don't think it's worth it but to each his own.
I consistently make at least 1k per week on select and am unable to drive weekdays 6am-6pm because of work. As has been said, you have to know where to drive and have to be willing to do the hours because there can be dead periods and wait time, but 1500 would definitely be attainable if it was my only gig. Select is good for me because I often catch up on work emails or do work on my laptop while waiting... if i was indifferent to the miles I put on my car I could have less wait time and drive to search for more rides but I reach my goal of 1k just targeting certain areas.

lvesq1906

Not to give away too much info but you have to approach driving Select strategically. On Sunday nights you need to do your research and map out where you will drive in addition to your go to spots to make money. Every week there are things taking place that will guarantee you a Trips.

As you drive more you will also take people places and realize that where you are dropping them off may get select requests every weekend...

Kay1661

No way

Kay1661

If a select driver tells you they are making 1500 per week. 50 hours tell them to show you their phone
Most uber drivers lie. They are embarrassed or need to feel like a big shot.
Except Optimus of course.

Adieu

Optimus is an optdown for promos and surges
People like Kekelo, Jbeck, and a few other LADIES make more than he does on said promos and surges just driving X

Logically speaking, you don't need a Select car....mathematics says that to make over $2k/week routinely, you just need to cut off your wang

No wang, no problem

Kay1661

Optimus is an optdown for promos and surges
People like Kekelo, Jbeck, and a few other LADIES make more than he does on said promos and surges just driving X

Logically speaking, you don't need a Select car....mathematics says that to make over $2k/week routinely, you just need to cut off your wang

No wang, no problem
What does that mean?

mandreyka

If a select driver tells you they are making 1500 per week. 50 hours tell them to show you their phone
Most uber drivers lie. They are embarrassed or need to feel like a big shot.
Except Optimus of course.
That would be $30 net over EVERY hour of the 50 hours. LMAO if you believe that.

lvesq1906

The hours are a bit heavy Friday-Sunday to do it but it can def be done if you know the right places to drive and are ok with the hours.

lvesq1906

How much are the select drivers who say 1500 per week is not possible making an average driving full time??