Should i stick to UBER X?

UBER X VS UBER BLACK?

• UBER X

• BLACK

Results are only viewable after voting.

Newtaxiguy

Hi,
I have been working on Uber X for a while now on a 2018 Camry and I have a rating of 4.90, I was renting the car but now I am looking to finance my a car either a Sedan Hybrid(new) or a 2015 Chevy Suburban!
Should I stick to uber X or go for the Black?
What do you drive and suggest?

SuzeCB

Which
Hi,
I have been working on Uber X for a while now on a 2018 Camry and I have a rating of 4.90, I was renting the car but now I am looking to finance my a car either a Sedan Hybrid(new) or a 2015 Chevy Suburban!
Whichever one you will still be able to afford if you get permanently deactivated by both apps the day after you purchase it.

This is not a joke response.

Danny3xd

Which

Whichever one you will still be able to afford if you get permanently deactivated by both apps the day after you purchase it.

This is not a joke response.
No, that is just good thunkn' right there.

Your on a roll lately, doc!
(I still think that would have been funny. But I'm heavely self medicated)

NOXDriver

Uber has a 96% drop out rate and you want to use it to buy a car?

LOL please report back when they repo it.

mbd

Hi,
Interest rate little higher now.

Danny3xd

Hi,
I had asked just this from a member here. If he permits me, I'll post it NTG. It was very good and well thought out. He had upgraded from X for a year or so.

I really think Suze's advice should be taken into account. It's an important consideration.

RoWode12

LoL Ro. Say what ya really think
You know it :wink:

But seriously....one could be the most highly rated, carefully selective Driver out there, and come across that one slimy pax who uses the right combination of words just to get a free ride. “My Driver assaulted me!” “My Driver was using a different vehicle and I felt unsafe!” “My Driver called me the N-word!”

Pax gets a $25 refund and Driver gets permanently DA—“our decision is final...no we cannot look at your dash cam.”

Danny3xd

You know it :wink:

But seriously....one could be the most highly rated, carefully selective Driver out there, and come across that one slimy pax who uses the right combination of words just to get a free ride. “My Driver assaulted me!” “My Driver was using a different vehicle and I felt unsafe!” “My Driver called me the N-word!”

Pax gets a $25 refund and Driver gets permanently DA—“our decision is final...no we cannot look at your dash cam.”
Abso-freakin'-lutly Ro. 2, count 'em 2 "seemed impaired" later, I really worry about it. Last one, the support person was all but "wait it out, I know" with out saying that. Really kinda felt cared about by them. (nope, not kidding)

But what happens at #3?

So big time think your right and bank on nothing. Just that thought had me put off buying a house as an investment until I can replace this extra income and not be in a 30 year "OMG!" LoL.

oldfart

NoNoNo. Do NOT buy a new vehicle solely for Uber, unless you can afford the payments with a second job. You can be DA at any time, through no fault of your own.

Like Suze said—Whichever one you can afford without rideshare. You could be DA the day after you make the purchase.
Serious question... Will they really de activate you for buying a new car?

RoWode12

Serious question... Will they really de activate you for buying a new car?
No. come on now... It has nothing to do with buying the car. It has to do with buying the car solely for and depending on uber to maintain its payments. Any one of us can be DA for some bs at any time.

AnointedOne

No. come on now... It has nothing to do with buying the car. It has to do with buying the car solely for and depending on uber to maintain its payments. Any one of us can be DA for some bs at any time.

Ro is absolutely right. My lyft account got DA due to an old ticket flagged in my background check, and before I got DA I purchased a brand new XL vehicle. Although i have a full time job but it did effect me a bit financially. After several emails back and forth with Lyft my account was finally reactivated after 10 months which i was not expecting at all. I only do Uber/Lyft on the weekend, and have done over 7000 rides, over 4000 5star trips 4.95 uber rating and 4.89 on lyft but I still dread that both of my accounts can be DA anytime.

So be very careful because its a huge investment for someone who does not have a permanent job. Good luck!

New2This

Hi,
You might want to post this in the NYC Board since your market is radically different from everywhere else.

Pay heed to SuzeCB post. That is top 5 most intelligent post I've seen on here.

reg barclay

I think what everyone's essentially saying is this. As long as you're using the same car you'd be driving without Uber, then you're not really investing anything in the gig (except for the vehicle expenses of each ride). Once you buy a car that you wouldn't otherwise be driving, then it's an investment based on things you have no way of knowing for definite will work out. In the end it's completely up to you, but as with any investment, you should be fully aware of all the risks before making such a decision.

You might want to post this in the NYC Board since your market is radically different from everywhere else.
I didn't realize they lived in NYC. If they're working in NYC that's something else, as even Uberx drivers there need to be fully licensed by the TLC and commercially insured, which involves various costs that most of us don't deal with. Rates are higher to account for this, but it's still a different ballgame, and maybe less worthwhile to do as a 'side hustle'.