Should I go for?

Kevin7889

The tlc license or work at an Nj limo company??

I'm so sick of these price cuts! I'm tired of making 68 cents per mile after paying commission to uber n lyft. I don't drive a piece of crap 2005 car. It's a 2015 luxury sentra (sl)

I love the job but hate the pay

If I decide to go with tlc, should I get a regular black car or a suburban type??

I really need money now more than ever and uber x just sucks. Same goes for lyft..

canyon

Bad move, why dont you look for another job besides this one. They are out there.

chevelle454

Try to Work at a limo company to see if you can cut it as a pro driver..Then you can see the advantages or disadvantages of it.

PorkRollUberAndCheese

Drive for UPS- Union, pension and great benefits.
Can't be a driver unless you pay your dues in the warehouse first. It's one step above working for Amazon.

My thought process: Work for a limo company while getting/waiting on your TLC and driving for Uber. It's the best of all three worlds.

N

NJ123

You
Can't be a driver unless you pay your dues in the warehouse first. It's one step above working for Amazon.

My thought process: Work for a limo company while getting/waiting on your TLC and driving for Uber. It's the best of all three worlds.
suren

You sure you have to work in the warehouse first. If so , you make $9 to start in two months you can advance to supervisor and make $16 or so. If they like you and you work hard you can be a manager and make 60,000. You need to think about what the benefits will be in the long run. We will
Not be young forever.

Chi Bones

You will have no freedom working for a limo company. You are on call for a 12 hr shift and have to take everything thrown at you in that window

reg barclay

If you can handle hours of NYC driving then TLC might not be a bad idea. Just take into consideration the extra costs involved (such as commercial insurance and licensing). I'm assuming you live somewhere near the city in which case you could possibly use the destination filter to cover your costs/tolls into the city and back. Also if you'd be able to drive Lyft in NYC as well this might be a plus. I just hope they don't drop NYC rates further, I dont know if TLC regulates the rates there or not.

If I decide to go with tlc, should I get a regular black car or a suburban type??
Why not keep the Sentra I believe it's accepted in NYC. It's good on gas mileage, plus the moment you bought your car you already paid for a chunk of its depreciation so if you trade you'll get likely get a low price for it. So now you'd probably be better get all you can out of it.

Alex12

The tlc license or work at an Nj limo company??

I'm so sick of these price cuts! I'm tired of making 68 cents per mile after paying commission to uber n lyft. I don't drive a piece of crap 2005 car. It's a 2015 luxury sentra (sl)

I love the job but hate the pay

I really need money now more than ever and uber x just sucks. Same goes for lyft..
Since when a Nissan is a luxury car? Sentra???? Get real

ubernyc

how do u even consider sentra a luxury car LMAO
why do u want to get a black/suv.. ur gonna have to take x/xl jobs.. and 90 percent of jobs are x rides

ctuber

You will have no freedom working for a limo company. You are on call for a 12 hr shift and have to take everything thrown at you in that window
+100 to the above comment. When Uber dropped rates to $1.10 in CT I got my passenger endorsement license and gave the limo company thing a shot. 3 of the worst months of my life!! Oh wait, I had no life at that point, all you do is drive and sleep, hopefully not at the same time. The money was very good, I pulled in $1200-$1400/ week take home pay including cash tips with no expenses other than meals but I would work 20-25 days in a row, 12-14 hours a day on average with my longest day being 19.5 hours. Lots and lots of waiting around for planes to land. Would go for week or more without ever seeing my kids. Some guys love it, but wasn't for me. Just my 2 cents.

Kevin7889

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
how do u even consider sentra a luxury car LMAO
why do u want to get a black/suv.. ur gonna have to take x/xl jobs.. and 90 percent of jobs are x rides
It's called a luxury sedan. Ask Nissan lol

robot 6

Bad move, why dont you look for another job besides this one. They are out there.
it is no easy jobs for drivers.driving for living is a tough job and tough living,no respect from police,riders,tlc in NYC,traffic violation,no bath rooms,where you can shit and piss,potholes everywhere.i spent 25 years as yellow cab driver in NYC eventually my license was revoked for 3 years,after i must reapply.i am glad driving for the uber in nj,no traffic so terrible,no much police harassment,toilet at every bush,i am making even more money than I was making in taxi,1500-1600 a week.

Alex12

It's called a luxury sedan. Ask Nissan lol
is a compact car from Nissan. That means all compacts out there are luxury? You must love that awesome CVT transmission. Nissan can claim that this generic compact is a plane but we all know that is just a regular compact car way way way behind Corolla/Civic/Mazda3/Elantra/Forte. At least is better than a Chevy Cruze. I know what am talking about. My wife's car is in the shop and she got a super duper luxurious extra premium Nissan Sentra from the insurance company to have ride until her non luxury compact will be done. One of the worst cars I have ever driven. If you drive CVT is clear........