Should I fight this ticket? NYC / TLC driver.

Inshur

Ant9988

The other day I left my car on W 14th St between 9th ave and 10th ave and got towed and a Ticket for parking on a commercial spot( red area see image). I was extra confident because I have parked before on the blue area(see the image), but on this time It was any space available on there. So I saw on the red area(see image) one spot, and decided to park there. I was quite skeptical on parking there, but I saw another two regular cars also parked there and a parkimeter, so It made me more confident on leave it there (also clarify that I didn't see any commercial parking sing, very naive on my part). I paid 11$ for 2 hours, put the ticket on the dash. When I came back It wasn't neither my car or the other two cars I saw before. One guy that work on the restaurant in front of the spot, told me all three cars where towed. Well, I paid for release my car, and when I got on it, I saw another ticket on the windshield. So I'm looking for advice on fight this. I have read another post on basically the same issue, but quite old, there were some argue about the TLC plates being commercial or not, and another saying tlc have commercial insurance.
185$ for towed. 115$ parking ticket.

Suave

NYC considers your vehicle as a commercial vehicle if your plate says commercial on it.

Commercial vehicles cannot park on residential streets overnight or so I believe, that’s why you do not see them big trucks parked on the side streets. You can park your tlc plated car in front of your house because it does not say commercial on it.

Commercial use does not mean commercial registered plate. The parking regulations that say commercial vehicles only apply for vehicles with plates saying commercial.

Endless

If your plate says TLC Taxicab or Livery on the bottom portion then it is NOT considered a commercial vehicle

Inshur New York