Should I be worried about this email from Uber?

REX HAVOC

I just received this email from Uber. Should I be concerned?

Uber's Message:

We’ve noticed you’re canceling more trips than most partners in your city. We understand cancellations happen, but your cancellation rate is significantly higher than other partners.

You can’t earn with Uber if you don’t complete the trips you accept.

Please sign offline when you are not in a position to complete the requests you accept. If you continue to cancel a high number of trips, your account will be at risk of deactivation.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply to this email.

Best,
Uber

luvgurl22

Uber's Message:

We’ve noticed you’re canceling more trips than most partners in your city. We understand cancellations happen, but your cancellation rate is significantly higher than other partners.

Please sign offline when you are not in a position to complete the requests you accept. If you continue to cancel a high number of trips, your account will be at risk of deactivation.

Best,
Uber
It's just a warning.Stop cancelling rides.i usually accept all but if it's further than ten mins I park and wait for the passenger to cancel

REX HAVOC

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Late last Friday night I was 13 minutes outside of the Oakland Airport. I just wanted to get a few local runs to get to 50 for the week and they kept pinging me over and over to go to Oakland Airport. I didn't want to drive that far so I finally had to close the app and go home.

NASCAR1991

Bottom line. If you get deactivated for low rating...or canceling too many rides....basically something besides physical fights with pax or in that category of seriousness. Go to their office and expalin your self tell them how you will improve. Worse case they will make you take50 dollar uber class...and they will active you again.
Basically beeing deactivated is a scare. Unless you doing some serious shit.
Talking negative about uber on your facebook or stuff like that will get you perminatly cut you with no chance of going back. Seema minor but they hate it

manuella

Late last Friday night I was 13 minutes outside of the Oakland Airport. I just wanted to get a few local runs to get to 50 for the week and they kept pinging me over and over to go to Oakland Airport. I didn't want to drive that far so I finally had to close the app and go home.
Accept then start to drive away from the pings , cancel with do not charge rider

Uberslave415

Accept then start to drive away from the pings , cancel with do not charge rider
I accepted a trip from SF to Fremont I told the guy I dnt have gas, when I cancel the trip by accident I press rider requested cancel instead of do not charge rider. Can the guy affect my rating? He was mad lol

manuella

I accepted a trip from SF to Fremont I told the guy I dnt have gas, when I cancel the trip by accident I press rider requested cancel instead of do not charge rider. Can the guy affect my rating? He was mad lol
He has no reason to be mad ,That's a long trip . he won't affect your rating but he will probably complain to uber
They won't do anything , it just appears under complaints or something

yucklyftline

Uber's Message:

Best,
Uber
From what I read on UP, they can deactivate you for cancellations, but they can't deactivate you for acceptance rate, part of some lawsuit. Next time, let it ping through. If you know you're 15 min away from the airport and have no intention taking it, ignoring it will prevent further emails from uber.

Or do what everybody does and call the rider and use one of NASCAR1991 's myriad of creative excuses haha. Or just tell the truth and say they're too far away. I call because I can always find out where they're headed if the pickup is too far. Riders are usually understanding. Depends on your strategy, of course.

Uberslave415

He has no reason to be mad ,That's a long trip . he won't affect your rating but he will probably complain to uber
They won't do anything , it just appears under complaints or something
Ok thanks. I just hate how uber has so many long trips to the east bay and South Bay. I just want to be done with my trips ASAP. Lol

RedoBeach

I always remind Uber that I am an independent contractor and until they want to benefit me otherwise, I have the choice whether a ride is in my best interest.

I do my best not to abuse the option to cancel, but it's particularly annoying when I cancel on a pax because their destination is out of the question or they are aggressive and then Uber connects me with them 3x in a row following.

yucklyftline

I always remind Uber that I am an independent contractor and until they want to benefit me otherwise, I have the choice whether a ride is in my best interest.

I do my best not to abuse the option to cancel, but it's particularly annoying when I cancel on a pax because their destination is out of the question or they are aggressive and then Uber connects me with them 3x in a row following.
I log off for a couple min so we don't get matched again.

Yeah, it's amazing when you want the ping, it doesn't work. If a driver or pax cancel, the job should go to the next closest driver.

Euius

If a driver or pax cancel, the job should go to the next closest driver.
You have to balance that against the times when it's 3 people and they need to upgrade their Pool to an X, but the car is already there and the riders would want that driver.

yucklyftline

You have to balance that against the times when it's 3 people and they need to upgrade their Pool to an X, but the car is already there and the riders would want that driver.
Good point. In my experience, it takes 3 attempts with other drivers before the ping gets back to me. I just tell the pax to keep cancelling until they get me. Usually happens when pax want to extend a pool or I accidentally end the ride

nash801

thank you good idea. park and wait for them to cancel. except i assume uber will see this and can deactivate.

nash801

if you started the trip and then ended it customer can rate you.
when he sees fee he might or might not contact uber for refund and tell them you canceled but i doubt the small fee for someone who lives/works fremont will be something they even notice.
got to teach those long rides to use bart or caltrain!!!