• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Should have just paid me like you promised

Mista T

Author
Picked up 4 guys last night (in my little car). First one to the car has an open bag of Doritos. I said please be careful with those, I don't happen to have a vacuum on me. He says Oh yeah, I gotcha bro, no worries. No mess from me.

3 more get in. Car is so packed they can't even put on seat belts in back. Headed to raunchiest strip club in town, cracking jokes and hootin and hollerin all the way.

Close to the club the guy spills the bag. I caught it, look back and theres crumbs and a few chips on the floor. The guy says Don't worry, it was empty. No, theres a little mess there. Oh no problem, I'll give you $10 for the mess. I say okay, sounds good. After all, the strippers won't mind a mere $10 going to your driver, thanks in advance.

We arrive, they all bail. No one cleans it, no cash, not even an acknowledgement of the chips on the floor that were now ground in by their feet.

Took pics and sent to Uber. Got my cleaning fee email accepted this morning. Spent about 5 mins picking crumbs out of my car last night, felt happy that this guy got hit for double what he promised to give me.

Frickin paxhole. It's not about the money, it's about honesty and respect.

Cableguynoe

Speaking of honesty and respect, last night I'm dropping off a group and as they're getting off one says to the account holder
"Let's make sure we tip the driver"
The account holders says "yeah of course. I got it"
The guy says "cool I'll give you a few bucks later"

Since they didn't say it to me, but to each other, I really thought I was getting a tip.
I feel that the guy that said it really meant it.

Instead I got a cool badge.

Freakin cheap ass probably took the money from the other guy and told him he tipped.

tohunt4me

Speaking of honesty and respect, last night I'm dropping off a group and as they're getting off one says to the account holder

Since they didn't say it to me, but to each other, I really thought I was getting a tip.

Freakin cheap ass probably took the money from the other guy and told him he tipped.
Just like Uber.

mrpjfresh

When an account holder drops the whole "I'll tip him in the app" in front of friends or a date, I thank them for being a ten percenter. They almost always ask what that means. I make a joke about having had my back checked for all the knife wounds from lying passengers. Usually gets a laugh or some level of indignation from the other(s). Nothing like a little shame to get people to do the right thing. That's assuming they can actually be shamed... Worth a shot anyway.

In MistaT's example, a strip club goers are a totally different animal. In my market, 90% of my rides are ho-hum or good. This number drops to like 50% when you deal with the strip club. I refuse to pickup there now. Manners, respect, maturity and the inclination to tip all drop off precipitously with the majority of these cads.

Yulli Yung

Yet another one of those, "I'll tip you in the app". Wow, even experienced drivers fall for that. Will we ever learn??

Iann

Was it to the Diablo in NW Portland?
Haven't been in myself but picked up a Bachelorette party from there and they were asking if I had any hand sanitizer. Lol
Guess they get a little freaky in that place.
Dildo shows and all sorts of stuff I guess.

Mista T

Author
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Was it to the Diablo in NW Portland?
Haven't been in myself but picked up a Bachelorette party from there and they were asking if I had any hand sanitizer. Lol
Guess they get a little freaky in that place.
Dildo shows and all sorts of stuff I guess.
Yup, good guess!

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
Yup my experience with strip club pax is they're anything but "gentlemen". I remember the guy who went on and on about how he was going to tip me, presumably because the particular club was in the middle of nowhere and I had to deadmile back.

Took pics and sent to Uber. Got my cleaning fee email accepted this morning. Spent about 5 mins picking crumbs out of my car last night, felt happy that this guy got hit for double what he promised to give me.
Best response. Besides, if they really cared they would have given you the $10 for the mess and the hassle. Maybe the cleaning fee will get them to care a little more.

Eff that! Can a badge buy my dinner?

rideshareprof

Lmao, I had this happen to me last week. Paxhole in the front seat literally took the money from her friends, and apparently "forgot" to give it to me!! What a cheap b****!!

BikingBob

Good - I am glad you got the money from Uber. I never understood why anyone would eat in someone else's car. I barely chew gum in my car and I can't even imagine eating anything with some stranger.

CYP

One time and one time only (Im retired from ubering now)

Pax to all his friends: "You all owe me blah blah for this ride, and Im tipping in the app cause Im a MAN"
Me: rollseyes
Pax: Im a man so I tip (still to his friends)
Me: rollseyes

Drop off the pax and friends who were all incredibly frat boy d-bag types. Wait a few hours, no tip. What I did next was wrong but hey, hes a man and all.

Me to Uber: My rider had more than 4, please change this to an XL.

Yes, they only had 3, yes it was wrong and yes it only netted me a couple of bucks but damn it, if you are going to proclaim that you are the man and you tip, you're tipping if you want to or not.

freddieman

Tip-blockers!