• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE
Inshur

should commission be capped to a maximum 10% of the total fare

R.M.Ahmad

Where do you get the more work ,more profitable bit from ,its more commission 40% that Uber intends to charge for the same work
40% is impossible. But upto 30% is ok. For 40% commission, Uber has to raise fares. This pushes a lot of passengers back to to public transport. So both sides, Uber and drivers, become worst off.

MEATIE

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
40% is impossible. But upto 30% is ok. For 40% commission, Uber has to raise fares. This pushes a lot of passengers back to to public transport. So both sides, Uber and drivers, become worst off.
UBER s model shows no fare rise ,so no change for customers ,40% commission so less for drivers

Jack Barclay

Which one is better and more profitable, More work with a bit more commission or less work with a bit less commission. I go for paying higher commission for more work.
You understand that more work more commission vs less work less commission could be the same net position?

The likelihood is more work for the same end result brings greater vehicle overheads.

Im generally concerned for your wellbeing Doc, maybe time to speak to the family about a Power of Attorney?

R.M.Ahmad

You understand that more work more commission vs less work less commission could be the same net position?

The likelihood is more work for the same end result brings greater vehicle overheads.

Im generally concerned for your wellbeing Doc, maybe time to speak to the family about a Power of Attorney?
Today I made £292, after 25% commission I left with £219.
I will be happy to pay 30% commission if every day I earn like today. If I was paying 30% commission I would have left £204.4 today, So I am willing to give up about £15/day if I can earn each day not less than £200. Today I worked just under 8 hours.

Jack Barclay

Today I made £292, after 25% commission I left with £219.
I will be happy to pay 30% commission if every day I earn like today. If I was paying 30% commission I would have left £204.4 today, So I am willing to give up about £15/day if I can earn each day not less than £200. Today I worked just under 8 hours.
so you think working the same hours for yes is a good thing?

You also think putting up commission will increase the chances of you having this income everyday?

I’ve suspected you are a parody for some time, this is outstanding 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Babs2016

If Uber were to do their sums they could double their profit plus give a driver a 20% uplift even by raising commission to 35%.

Example

a) Customer jumps into a Uber for a 10 mile run that takes 30minutes. Rider Cost = 2.50 + 12.50 + 4.50 = £19.50. For a Driver on 25% commission Uber earns £4.88 - Driver earns £14.62

b) Uber increases all fares by 40% - still well cheaper than a BC but no surge. Drivers now pay 35% commission. So a £19.50 fare is 40% higher = £27.30 , Uber now earns £9.56. Driver earns £17.74.

They will never do it , as that would mean the minimum fare would be £7 , they know all the cheapskates only have £5 in their account. So it just shows how many minimum fares are being done in London. The average Uber driver Must do more minimum fares else Uber would and could jack up the rates.

Anyway Uber and the other Apps will run out of money before the saviour of Self Driving Cars come to their rescue. This will be a very brief period of history.
No wonder some of us are destined to stay as uber drivers with this sort of thoughts 🤓.

I dont get the negativity! They all use uber to make a living but there all trying to find ways to bring them down further then they all ready are ! Its crazy!! U would think the drivers would support there employer!

UberLuxbod

If Uber increases prices it will loose half its customers to buses where they originated from in the first place
Maybe UberX passengers and UberPool

Though most of the tightwads are already using ViaVan.

It won'y make any significant difference to UberExec and UberLux

MEATIE

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No wonder some of us are destined to stay as uber drivers with this sort of thoughts 🤓.
Post automatically merged:

If Uber were to do their sums they could double their profit plus give a driver a 20% uplift even by raising commission to 35%.

Example

a) Customer jumps into a Uber for a 10 mile run that takes 30minutes. Rider Cost = 2.50 + 12.50 + 4.50 = £19.50. For a Driver on 25% commission Uber earns £4.88 - Driver earns £14.62

b) Uber increases all fares by 40% - still well cheaper than a BC but no surge. Drivers now pay 35% commission. So a £19.50 fare is 40% higher = £27.30 , Uber now earns £9.56. Driver earns £17.74.

They will never do it , as that would mean the minimum fare would be £7 , they know all the cheapskates only have £5 in their account. So it just shows how many minimum fares are being done in London. The average Uber driver Must do more minimum fares else Uber would and could jack up the rates.

Anyway Uber and the other Apps will run out of money before the saviour of Self Driving Cars come to their rescue. This will be a very brief period of history.
What sort of sums do you do ? double of zero is zero ,currently they have no profit