Shortest rider ever!

The Ghost of Travis

This clown has me pick him up in front of the Amazon Book store in U-Village and the ride is for like 30 feet to an address but not the place he is looking for.

Turns out he was lost and didnt bother to look at the map board, call them or ask anyone where the place was. He was panicking as he was 30 minutes late. A security guard was standing right there and I asked him where the place was and he was like right there dude.

Guy told me he would tip me, and was surprised a few hours later 3 bucks showed up.

Also picked up a 0.0 rated PAX on a stacked ride and didnt notice until checked if there surge. I assumed it was a first ride but she said she used Uber before. She was nice and got 5 stars.

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
I picked up a brand new rider to the Uber platform. She had 5 stars. Uber gives you 5 to start. It's then your job to lose stars on your account.

DexNex

I once loaded up a family, with two car seats and luggage, at the Victoria Clipper. Their destination was the Edgewater.

mark_mark

gave 3 grown men a ride 1.5 blocks down Boren

here is the kicker, it was morning rush hour, I was like " yes! Homewood Suite, I'm going to the 2.5x airport" NOPE

dimwit_driver

A couple of months ago I had a ride so short I had to argue with Uber as whether it was an actual ride or a cancellation. Picked up a guy at Brave Horse in SLU going several miles. Before Mercer he decided to bail. No idea why. Whatever. The app wouldn't let me end the ride because the distance travelled wasn't enough, but since the entire event took place in under five minutes there would be no cancellation fee. I just wanted to get paid. I finally had to screenshot the trip and show the starting and ending addresses - that were barely a block apart, if that - to get them to pony up the minimum fare.

Mista T

Author
I gave a 1/2 block ride once. The woman said that ever since the brain surgery she had to relearn walking, etc.

K-pax

I gave a 1/2 block ride once. The woman said that ever since the brain surgery she had to relearn walking, etc.

I did one of those once. A very conservative looking business trip traveler on cap hill... looking for some secret gay bath-house. Had to do a google search and it was... *drumroll* exactly where we started the trip, just not listed as such in an obvious way. We did end up driving a few blocks to where he thought it was, and then back. He tipped me cash for helping him find some cap hill man-love.

I once loaded up a family, with two car seats and luggage, at the Victoria Clipper. Their destination was the Edgewater.

Did you threaten to throw their bags into the sound unless they tipped you? :biggrin:

Ballard_Driver

Is weird than as how can u have 0.0 if your picking up at least 1 at all times. Is there a secret 0 button?

I had a 0.0 the other day too, and it didn't occur to me that you shouldn't be able to have a 0.0. You shouldn't be able to go under 1.0, so I don't know what that's all about. Must be a glitch of some sort?