Shore is quiet

jvegas

I agree but I made over $500 on Monday the 4th so I'm still ahead of my game. See what happens next weekend when it will matter.

cindimams

Is the shore a good hotspot all hours, or only on weekends?

I'm headed down this week for a couple days, and thinking of going online for those in between beach/boardwalk down time's.

I'm going to Ortley beach. Also headed to manasquan a few times next month.

Jeff1205

Shore was dead Saturday. I decided to leave around 830pm and go towards freehold. Once I got to freehold I got a ping for a 25 min trip. As soon as I dropped the PAX off I got another one. When starting the trip I saw Belmar and was like are you kidding me. So I took them to Belmar. As soon as I dropped them off it was around 10pm. I got another request right after I dropped them off and thought hey maybe things have changed. Think again as it was the last one for an hour so I decided to drive back home. Complete waste of a day.

swaydog

Is the shore a good hotspot all hours, or only on weekends?

I'm headed down this week for a couple days, and thinking of going online for those in between beach/boardwalk down time's.

I'm going to Ortley beach. Also headed to manasquan a few times next month.
If you're going to be down in Ortley, you might see some early and mid-evening action for people going out to dinner or starting off a night of drinking in Seaside or Point Beach. But really, the peak times down there are more in line with the typical 9pm-3am drinking crowds. The good thing is the fares are significantly higher than in the rest of Jersey, so it can't hurt to just go online for an hour or two if you're bored.

During the week, though, it's probably pretty dead.

I would absolutely stay away from driving in Manasquan though. As far as I've heard, the cops there are turning Uber into a major money-maker, ticketing anyone they catch with Illegal Omnibus tickets and occasionally towing cars.

SurgeorSuckit

If you're going to be down in Ortley, you might see some early and mid-evening action for people going out to dinner or starting off a night of drinking in Seaside or Point Beach. But really, the peak times down there are more in line with the typical 9pm-3am drinking crowds. The good thing is the fares are significantly higher than in the rest of Jersey, so it can't hurt to just go online for an hour or two if you're bored.

During the week, though, it's probably pretty dead.

I would absolutely stay away from driving in Manasquan though. As far as I've heard, the cops there are turning Uber into a major money-maker, ticketing anyone they catch with Illegal Omnibus tickets and occasionally towing cars.
On July 4th weekend i was Manasquan numerous times (Osprey, Legguts) with no probs with cops

AxL

On July 4th weekend i was Manasquan numerous times (Osprey, Legguts) with no probs with cops
If someone has a real problem, not just heard that someone has, so there is a problem, and you can be the next. Our famous Mike had few stories for tickets, threatening and some other things. Last summer some towns had an order to look for uber drivers and ticket them. I have been pulled over too, because they saw the app open. I had no pax, the officer asked if I am uber, I said yes I have an account with them. I have OL plates and I didn't fall in any ticket rewards category, so they let me go. I didn't see anything like that yet.

PorkRollUberAndCheese

I think the concern with Manasquan is two-fold: cabs hate us there and a lot of drivers are doing unsafe pickups and drop offs.

It's easier to drop if you find a curb. But pickup, especially after midnight and the pax are drunk? Bad, BAD combination

OneLove

I had no problems during the 4th weekend. Also, I recommend that we all get car cameras to record the crap going down on the shore. I have mine installed.