Inshur

Shopping List: Citroen Grand Picasso vs Peogeut 5008 vs VW Sharan ???

Mario83

Hi guys !
I need to change my car and I will go for XL.
I see a lot of Citroen Grand Picasso - are this such a good choice and why? Price ~ 10-12 000
Peogeut 5008 - I am willing to flip the coin here but not convinced Price ~ 10-12 000
VW - This is the safe choice and I will most likely go for this one if after this topic no one makes me change my mind. Price ~ 15-20 000
Is it justified in your opinion this difference in price when it comes to VW as I would like to spend less but not to compromise on reliability ???
Please share your experience ( I used to have an Ford Galaxy for 1 year - Never Again and a Skoda Octavia for 3 years - Brilliant car)

Last edited:

D5000

Seat Alhambra can be another option...works for me! 2 years now, already 90000 miles with no faults! The price I think is similar or slightly cheaper than Sharan.

Lowestformofwit

Seat Alhambra can be another option...works for me! 2 years now, already 90000 miles with no faults! The price I think is similar or slightly cheaper than Sharan.
Aren't those 2 the same under the skin?
They're both based on the same VW Group platform, so that's a good recommendation for the OP, right there.
Plus he's had good vibes from his Octavia, another VW.
And anyway, I've always figured French cars to be crap; if they were any good, VW would likely have bought them out by now.

dark destroyer

I used to manage a rental fleet so I know most of them. In this job u need an auto and the only vehicles that can take the beating are the sharan or the seat. French stuff is ok for 60k then u need to get rid of it . I have a galaxy 12 plate as that is all that I could afford . Usual problems with gearbox. I have been told new shape box much better but not sure. Wish Previa was still around. Unbreakable

Mario83

Aren't those 2 the same under the skin?
They're both based on the same VW Group platform, so that's a good recommendation for the OP, right there.
Plus he's had good vibes from his Octavia, another VW.
And anyway, I've always figured French cars to be crap; if they were any good, VW would likely have bought them out by now.
I am convinced that the german cars are a very good option, I just want to understand if there is a cheaper alternative that I don't know of .... what's with all this Citroen Grand Picasso??? I see so many of these on the platform??? I have to ask , maybe I'm missing something ...

D1991

The Citroen is a good car and smooth until about 60 k as the chap said I had a friend with one as soon as it hit around 65 he started getting problems got rid of it straight away the German and Spanish will give you problems around 90 k miles if u can bear with a manual wich I wouldn't recommend at all the Nissan n200 can be picked up for 6000£ 2013 model 1.5 diesel I've had that engine in a van when I sold it mileage was 220000 and the car is still running today sold it to a builder other then that the Toyota proace verso but it's very expensive 35 grand 2 litre diesel but 8 seater

essexman

Hi guys !
I see a lot of Citroen Grand Picasso - are this such a good choice and why? Price ~ 10-12 000
Peogeut 5008 - I am willing to flip the coin here but not convinced Price ~ 10-12 000
VW - This is the safe choice and I will most likely go for this one if after this topic no one makes me change my mind. Price ~ 15-20 000
Is it justified in your opinion this difference in price when it comes to VW as I would like to spend less but not to compromise on reliability ???
Please share your experience ( I used to have an Ford Galaxy for 1 year - Never Again and a Skoda Octavia for 3 years - Brilliant car)

French cars never been reliable plus if your using it for Uber all cars will have to be hybrid by 2019 on uber platform.So you won't be able to use any diesels unless they are hybrid even the government seem to want to stop diesels now and they are now losing a lot more value.

dark destroyer

Grand Picasso is cheap especially manual. Motorpoint got loads all ex enterprise. Citroen give 40 per cent discount to rental fleets so cheap on a 16 plate

I thought uber said hybrid only on x not xl or exec

D1991

French cars never been reliable plus if your using it for Uber all cars will have to be hybrid by 2019 on uber platform.So you won't be able to use any diesels unless they are hybrid even the government seem to want to stop diesels now and they are now losing a lot more value.
That will not happen for xl but a petrol cl car should be fine that's what I would buy

Mario83

The Citroen is a good car and smooth until about 60 k as the chap said I had a friend with one as soon as it hit around 65 he started getting problems got rid of it straight away the German and Spanish will give you problems around 90 k miles if u can bear with a manual wich I wouldn't recommend at all the Nissan n200 can be picked up for 6000£ 2013 model 1.5 diesel I've had that engine in a van when I sold it mileage was 220000 and the car is still running today sold it to a builder other then that the Toyota proace verso but it's very expensive 35 grand 2 litre diesel but 8 seater
I don't know what to say about german cars after 90k problems but my Skoda was an auto and I sold it at 165k with no problems registered apart EGR changed at 110k .... pretty solid car I would say.

Yaqub

For XL the best car would be the latest (2017) ford galaxy I’ve got a 17 plate 10,000 Miles one of the best cars I’ve truly driven

D1991

I don't know what to say about german cars after 90k problems but my Skoda was an auto and I sold it at 165k with no problems registered apart EGR changed at 110k .... pretty solid car I would say.
But U did have a problem after 90 k u just said it EGR I had Skoda superb very good car nice suspension but I know they get problems after 90 k u were lucky trust me

I know not what I do

Hi guys !
Need to get new diesel as will increase your uber ratings especially merc estate.
Uber are banning diesel soon but you will be rich on 1k week earning on uber by then and can be opening Own shop.

Mario83

Need to get new diesel as will increase your uber ratings especially merc estate.
Uber are banning diesel soon but you will be rich on 1k week earning on uber by then and can be opening Own shop.
If we only had more geniuses like you...

But U did have a problem after 90 k u just said it EGR I had Skoda superb very good car nice suspension but I know they get problems after 90 k u were lucky trust me
I don't think you understand the term of having "problems with your car"... no offence

McHaggis

Never buy a french car ! Never ! You will be in service all the time fixing problems and not working , getting your hard earned money pissed by idiotic mechanics.
I have a friend with a C4 grand Picasso , had to change the clutch around 60 k , he had to resort to the dealer to handle it , cost him 3000 , and many other small probs.
Sharan

D1991

If we only had more geniuses like you...

I don't think you understand the term of having "problems with your car"... no offence
I think you don't understand English maybe ? You said you didn't have any problems but then you mentioned EGR that is a problem mate

besim

I been using 2012 Citroen c4 grand picasso 1.6 hdi on uber for nearly 2 years now , so far so good . I had french cars before on privat hire never had problems .