Shopping for a used Prius

upyouruber

All my research states the Toyota Prius, years 2008-2010, are excellent choices for reliability and fuel efficiency. Any thoughts and/or advice would be welcome. Thank you!

surlywynch

Since you don't bother putting your location in your profile, or telling us what market you are in, my advice might not be relevant to you.

That said, I purchased a low milage 2010 Prius from a local used car dealer in a nearby smaller town. Free carfax report, ability to negotiate better than the lot at dealership, and no inflated "document fees". If you go the craigslist routine, you will have to pay the for the carfax report, and probably have to spend extra money to get the car detailed, etc., and have no recourse in a private sale if the car is a lemon.

Kodyhead

All my research states the Toyota Prius, years 2008-2010, are excellent choices for reliability and fuel efficiency. Any thoughts and/or advice would be welcome. Thank you!
I would suggest checking your local cities or county as they may be getting rid of fleet prius and basically give them away sometimes. People here claims they can get them for $1500-$2000 with 200k miles on them. They are usuallu maintained and serviced, banged up and used but prius or Toyota's are pretty reliable even with all the miles

tohunt4me

Govt. Auctions.
Except
They have been weird lately.
Like a nice looking car, with Transmission in the trunk.
Low mileage truck, wiring harness eaten by squirrels.
Now if i wanted a 63 willis jeep in new condition . . . .
Or 5 vehicles from bio plague research lab. & primate farm.
All at once ?
( we must make the plague to develop the vaccine to the illegal bio warfare material) ummmm . . .ok. Pass

Bring me Kim Jung Un and i will give you 2008 prius.
Since you are from North Korea.

Kim has supposibly recruited 4.7 million new troops.
How many nukes will it take to cook them all ?

Will bombing N. korea affect Hyundai prices at the Alabama plant ?