RideshareDog

I love this shit car. Perhaps he was smart to buy a dented car

Attachments

• IMG_20190504_003006.jpg
    IMG_20190504_003006.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 536

Kurt Halfyard

Author
I got a ride from the Airport last week. Honda Civic. Dents and scratches all over the vehicle.
He was a good driver, though, and so, 5$ tip on $25 ride.

Athos

I think the only way to do this gig is to drive a beater. Do the numbers. Compare the depreciation and running costs of a recent low mileage car with a 2012 that has 400,000km like mine. Rideshare doesn't pay enough to be too proud about it. The rate of pay is such that customers should expect poorly serviced beaters and if they get better they should consider themselves lucky. Them's the market forces. Give me an incentive to upgrade and I may do it. As it is I rarely even wash the car (it's silver so I can get away with it) and I don't make a fuss over the interior. I get no complaints and my star rating ignorable.

If I thought a nice car was the way to go I would spring for an electric. It's very tempting and I may do it but for environmental reasons, not for the sake of Luber. Until there are high mileage, older electrics on the market I doubt you can drive cheaper than a Prius beater like mine.

Go ahead, slam the door: I don't care!

WillC

It is better to use a beater for this gig, otherwise, you may not be making money at all.

Kurt Halfyard

Author
I think the only way to do this gig is to drive a beater. Do the numbers. Compare the depreciation and running costs of a recent low mileage car with a 2012 that has 400,000km like mine. Rideshare doesn't pay enough to be too proud about it. The rate of pay is such that customers should expect poorly serviced beaters and if they get better they should consider themselves lucky. Them's the market forces. Give me an incentive to upgrade and I may do it. As it is I rarely even wash the car (it's silver so I can get away with it) and I don't make a fuss over the interior. I get no complaints and my star rating ignorable.

If I thought a nice car was the way to go I would spring for an electric. It's very tempting and I may do it but for environmental reasons, not for the sake of Luber. Until there are high mileage, older electrics on the market I doubt you can drive cheaper than a Prius beater like mine.

Go ahead, slam the door: I don't care!

Somehow, after 1.5 years of LYFT / Ridehail, my vehicle interior and exterior is still in MINT condition.
There is some luck, obviously in this calculus, however:

• Pick up only 4.8 and up PAX (I acknowledge this is not perfect - there are many threads here regarding this - but it's better than nothing)
  • Have Barf Bags easily available to woozy pax.
  • Drive Safe and Careful
  • Don't do illegal pickups
  • Avoid chaotic pick-ups (like sports, concerts, King & Portland on Friday/Saturday night.
  • Offer to put PAX luggage in your trunk.
  • Do not allow PAX to use your car as a U-Haul. (Essentially, do not be a push-over for a $8 ride).
  • Do not allow PAX to drag carry-on baggage into the cabin (Wheels and edges may damage).
  • Do full service cleaning a few times a year (either yourself, or via an inexpensive detailing shop - tax write off)
  • Regular maintenance on the vehicle (tax write off) can prevent fenderbenders as the car will handle better in various road conditions.
  • MOST IMPORTANT: DO NOT RUSH, for yourself or for PAX, just be alert, and drive safe.

dmoney155

Yep, I think the horror stories are from ones who push their luck by driving like maniacs, accepting every single pax no matter how risky they look.

Andy911

Nothing wrong with this car,it is perfectly acceptable,if anything it is above the requirements for Uber.If you have 2012 + compact car.micra,fit,Mazda 2,aveo etc.good enough,most rides I get is 1 pax only,and if you are a good driver,there are no problems,these guys are making more money than the full sized sedans,or SUV guys out there.

RideshareDog

Nothing wrong with this car,it is perfectly acceptable,if anything it is above the requirements for Uber.If you have 2012 + compact car.micra,fit,Mazda 2,aveo etc.good enough,most rides I get is 1 pax only,and if you are a good driver,there are no problems,these guys are making more money than the full sized sedans,or SUV guys out there.
So u don't think that car will have some expensive repairs coming soon?
I'm glad I bought a new car in 2017. 95k Still original tires still orginal breaks. No mechanical repairs done. Max profits in a time when profits were good. Now i can do this less or not at all. He on the other hand will be in debt or he will be forced to work 12h shifts to pay off the parts that needs replacing. So there isn't so much something wrong with the car as there is with the driver

mikees3

I'm glad I bought a new car in 2017. 95k Still original tires still orginal breaks. No mechanical repairs done. Max profits in a time when profits were good. Now i can do this less or not at all. He on the other hand will be in debt or he will be forced to work 12h shifts to pay off the parts that needs replacing. So there isn't so much something wrong with the car as there is with the driver

I got my car with 220,000km and it’s has 310,000km now cars been rock solid only replaced the shocks and a alternator which I did the work myself so I saved a lot of money, I used OEM parts which tend to last longer

RideshareDog

I got my car with 220,000km and it’s has 310,000km now cars been rock solid only replaced the shocks and a alternator which I did the work myself so I saved a lot of money, I used OEM parts which tend to last longer
Obv it makes sense for people like you who can do it themselves. I seriously doubt that driver is that mechanicaly inclined.

Gone_in_60_seconds

Well, considering how low the fares are, does it make sense to use a "nice" car? If there was no age requirement, there would be even more "shit" cars that look like they came out of the junkyard. LOL.
Post automatically merged:

What kind of car is it?

hooj

Somehow, after 1.5 years of LYFT / Ridehail, my vehicle interior and exterior is still in MINT condition.
There is some luck, obviously in this calculus, however:

• Pick up only 4.8 and up PAX (I acknowledge this is not perfect - there are many threads here regarding this - but it's better than nothing)
  • Have Barf Bags easily available to woozy pax.
  • Drive Safe and Careful
  • Don't do illegal pickups
  • Avoid chaotic pick-ups (like sports, concerts, King & Portland on Friday/Saturday night.
  • Offer to put PAX luggage in your trunk.
  • Do not allow PAX to use your car as a U-Haul. (Essentially, do not be a push-over for a $8 ride).
  • Do not allow PAX to drag carry-on baggage into the cabin (Wheels and edges may damage).
  • Do full service cleaning a few times a year (either yourself, or via an inexpensive detailing shop - tax write off)
  • Regular maintenance on the vehicle (tax write off) can prevent fenderbenders as the car will handle better in various road conditions.
  • MOST IMPORTANT: DO NOT RUSH, for yourself or for PAX, just be alert, and drive safe.
Solid how-to-rideshare guide right here kids.

Read all about it.

Uber_Yota_916

My 05 corolla is beat to shit. Missing Hubcaps and front license plate. Pax don’t give a shit as long as the car is well-maintained and safe. Appearance is deceiving. A good looking car could be a piece of shit maintenance wise. While my car looks like shit but is well maintained.

ANT 7

In my market cosmetic body damage means no TNC license.......so much for cheaping out.

We've got a 10 year age rule. So, I've got 8 left.......LOL.