Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

She's a harmless 3.8 star pax

6K views 53 replies 27 participants last post by  Jam Val 
#1 ·
Man guys lol so I'm for some reason online with Uber (need the money :confused:) and *BEEP* request for some girl rated a 3.8! By far my lowest rated passenger. I'm so cavalier that I say let's do itt! I call her to make sure she's not blackout drunk. Sounds okay, check.

Then she calls again. I'm 2 minutes away, I ignore it. Calls again. Ignored, wtf I'm like here b*tch. (She let it go to voicemail until I got there)

I pull up to the bar/restaurant and she drops (throws?) her phone down and it shatters.

She gets in and is with some guy as well, didn't seem like the bf. Anyway off we go, ETA about 5 minutes away.

We get to making small talk and she seems harmless, 3.8? Come on guys you're being harsh. Mechanical engineer at a great school here in Pittsburgh. Blah blah try to make them laugh = positive experience.

Then I make a left turn.

Girl: "Why are you going this way?"

"Oh that's the way the GPS is telling me to go" - Playing dumb, I mean b/c literally that's where it's telling me to go, I knew another away but decided I'd see what Google Maps had to say.

Buddy in the back: "Oh man you must be after that fare"

Uh go f*ck yourself little dude.

"Don't worry guys this is Google Maps it's taking us there, it's only like 5 minutes it'll basically be minimum fare"

Girl: "Yeah this is such a scenic route"

"It's not even worth it now since this is basically wasting my time now"

"No? We're not turning there? Okay."

Buddy: "Man he's really after that fare"

"Guys it's the GPS, it's correct" etc etc. Keep in mind this was a few minutes drive lol

Girl: "Um yeah you see those lights, tur - "

"Yeah I know where it is" (b*tch)

Dropped her off after they both couldn't decide where to drop off at. 2-stars just b/c it wasn't super far.

I'm guessing either SUPER entitled and spoiled by a rich family or just THAT stupid with communication skills.

TL;DR: 5 minute drive turned into a b*tch fit by some entitled chick

Honestly dgaf about your attitude since I'm taking your money and will toss your ass out as soon as possible. Farther trips you bet I would've kicked her out if given the chance. Benefits of working in customer service you can give me all the attitude you want and I'll be like :rolleyes:, UNPHASED BIATCH

See less See more
#8 ·
Doesn't matter what they say to me unless they're swearing me out. Been in customer service for years it just rolls right off me. Personally I'm like "f*ck you" but when operating professionally, just like at work, I keep it professional.

Unless the situation really merits it (aka touching me, getting violent) I'm not risking escalation by kicking them out. YMMV

And yes X-X_Driver you are spot on lol

#11 ·
500+ rides between Uber and Lyft not necessarily "new" but sure I'm no 5000+ driver, also part time. But sure I'll hit em with the ban hammer then.

Reactions: JMBF831
#13 ·
I don't care if she 1-starred me, my rating is unchanged. Guess I'll slap them with the 1-star them people damn

#15 ·
Didn't really bother me, again working in customer service for years I don't care what people say. I see too much risk of these people damaging my car if I kick them out. Hand washed and fully detailed I'm not trying to dent my Caliber lol

#16 ·
I accepted a non-surge ride by CMU and checked the stats and saw the pax was a 4.5 and immediately cancelled. I never see anyone in Pittsburgh below 4.7 so I knew something up. Wasn't worth the risk of either:
1)minimum ride
2)waiting for pax at location where pax are never ready
3)rude/obnoxious customer

A 3.8 would have been an easy cancel along with a hearty chuckle.

#17 ·
What if she only had a few rides and 1 driver rated her low and the others rated high? I mean some drivers rate low for foreign language speakers, no ending destination entered, waiting for 3 minutes. Hey it was surprising to see that in Pittsburgh, I suppose I just needed to see what the fuss was about haha. And I'll take the little minimum ride over $0.00. She was even standing on the curb ready to go!

#21 · (Edited)
Like she thinks she knows a better way than GOOGLE..GOOGLE.. who has billions in assets, pretty sure they know what they're doing with mapping software lol :confused:

#23 ·
Oh and I knew the way she wanted, "Fifth to Morewood to Forbes right?" I mean sure it's more linear (aka less turns) but the distance driving is the same according to Google Maps. Oh well time to kill it tonight! Wish me luck with these now-lowered Lyft rates as well :(

Reactions: JMBF831
#26 ·
At the start of Xmas. finals week, picked up a pax on Walnut. Was sober. Had been studying with friends. Going home to CMU. Didn't enter destination. He assumed that all Uber drivers knew how to get to CMU. From where we were, I went up to Fifth and the 4 or 5 blocks to Morewood. About to turn left and he starts screaming for me to turn right. I asked if he lived off campus. By then, we had passed Morewood. Long story short - went to N. Craig (where I could have also turned left to get him to campus.) Nope. Turn right. OK. made a circle - Centre back to Morewood then crossed Fifth :/ then went to the campus as I was trying to do. <twice> :). I just shut my mouth and drove. Hey, it was his money I was making for the extra mileage and time. This guy didn't complain and I didn't see my rating go down so.... ??

I've generally taken the attitude that pax is "in control" of the ride (it is their money) as long as they aren't asking me to do something stupid, dangerous, illegal, or just flat out going the wrong direction. If they tell me they want to go around the block 5 times to get to the destination, OK with me as long as they are behaving. It's their money.

On the other side of all this - my Very first Uber ride was a CMU grad student from Monroeville into Shadyside. Nicest, most helpful, friendly guy in the world. Best overall Uber experience I truly ever had. Told him I was new. He taught me more about everything in that 20 minute ride than any of the Uber "training" videos ever could have. 5* both ways. I would have given him 6* if I could have. I was lucky on that one.

And yea, sometimes better to go the two extra blocks and complete the ride, rather than escalate something that's not worth escalating. Absolutely the wise move in the majority of situations. When you are dealing with the public, you have to stay safe but also be realistic about everyone's goals and be the smarter person in the end.

#29 ·
Man guys lol so I'm for some reason online with Uber (need the money :confused:) and *BEEP* request for some girl rated a 3.8! By far my lowest rated passenger. I'm so cavalier that I say let's do itt! I call her to make sure she's not blackout drunk. Sounds okay, check.

Then she calls again. I'm 2 minutes away, I ignore it. Calls again. Ignored, wtf I'm like here b*tch. (She let it go to voicemail until I got there)

I pull up to the bar/restaurant and she drops (throws?) her phone down and it shatters.

She gets in and is with some guy as well, didn't seem like the bf. Anyway off we go, ETA about 5 minutes away.

We get to making small talk and she seems harmless, 3.8? Come on guys you're being harsh. Mechanical engineer at a great school here in Pittsburgh. Blah blah try to make them laugh = positive experience.

Then I make a left turn.

Girl: "Why are you going this way?"

"Oh that's the way the GPS is telling me to go" - Playing dumb, I mean b/c literally that's where it's telling me to go, I knew another away but decided I'd see what Google Maps had to say.

Buddy in the back: "Oh man you must be after that fare"

Uh go f*ck yourself little dude.

"Don't worry guys this is Google Maps it's taking us there, it's only like 5 minutes it'll basically be minimum fare"

Girl: "Yeah this is such a scenic route"

"It's not even worth it now since this is basically wasting my time now"

"No? We're not turning there? Okay."

Buddy: "Man he's really after that fare"

"Guys it's the GPS, it's correct" etc etc. Keep in mind this was a few minutes drive lol

Girl: "Um yeah you see those lights, tur - "

"Yeah I know where it is" (b*tch)

Dropped her off after they both couldn't decide where to drop off at. 2-stars just b/c it wasn't super far.

I'm guessing either SUPER entitled and spoiled by a rich family or just THAT stupid with communication skills.

TL;DR: 5 minute drive turned into a b*tch fit by some entitled chick

Honestly dgaf about your attitude since I'm taking your money and will toss your ass out as soon as possible. Farther trips you bet I would've kicked her out if given the chance. Benefits of working in customer service you can give me all the attitude you want and I'll be like :rolleyes:, UNPHASED BIATCH
Had one of those passengers last week. She was alone, but not pleasant at all. I was just polite though.

#32 ·
As soon as a passenger accuses me of that, I'm done. I pull over and ask them to leave. They will rate me bad either way because of their accusations. So out they go.
What if they refuse to get out? I've had this happen before. I picked up some college kids and 4 of them tried to load in my back and two of them were huge. I told them I couldn't take them and they'd have to call another Uber but they would t get out.

I had to put my car into park then turn around and tell them okay you can get out or we can just sit here while I wait for the cops.

#34 ·
Yeah its a sticky situation. If thry are dicks they might even damage your car on the way out. So its always good to keep your eyes wide open. Even if they don't look like the type to not do something so nasty, don't trust them when kicking them out. I've had a passenger spit out their gum and step on it in my car under the floor mat. I've seen videos of a lady keying someones car...so be careful guys and make sure you can handle the situation.

#37 ·
At the start of Xmas. finals week, picked up a pax on Walnut. Was sober. Had been studying with friends. Going home to CMU. Didn't enter destination. He assumed that all Uber drivers knew how to get to CMU. From where we were, I went up to Fifth and the 4 or 5 blocks to Morewood. About to turn left and he starts screaming for me to turn right. I asked if he lived off campus. By then, we had passed Morewood. Long story short - went to N. Craig (where I could have also turned left to get him to campus.) Nope. Turn right. OK. made a circle - Centre back to Morewood then crossed Fifth :/ then went to the campus as I was trying to do. <twice> :). I just shut my mouth and drove. Hey, it was his money I was making for the extra mileage and time. This guy didn't complain and I didn't see my rating go down so.... ??

I've generally taken the attitude that pax is "in control" of the ride (it is their money) as long as they aren't asking me to do something stupid, dangerous, illegal, or just flat out going the wrong direction. If they tell me they want to go around the block 5 times to get to the destination, OK with me as long as they are behaving. It's their money.

On the other side of all this - my Very first Uber ride was a CMU grad student from Monroeville into Shadyside. Nicest, most helpful, friendly guy in the world. Best overall Uber experience I truly ever had. Told him I was new. He taught me more about everything in that 20 minute ride than any of the Uber "training" videos ever could have. 5* both ways. I would have given him 6* if I could have. I was lucky on that one.

And yea, sometimes better to go the two extra blocks and complete the ride, rather than escalate something that's not worth escalating. Absolutely the wise move in the majority of situations. When you are dealing with the public, you have to stay safe but also be realistic about everyone's goals and be the smarter person in the end.
Oh exactly, everyone saying "kick them the eff out" don't realize how short of a ride it is from Walnut to Margret Morrison (CMU), why kick them out after a minute or two of driving on a 5 minute drive when I can just finish it and be on with my night. Kicking someone out is reserved for the girl that wouldn't stop f*cking with my hair from behind that seat (Carson St. pick up of course). Everyone's got different tipping points and criteria for kicking someone out but I feel like that is the ultimate action against a passenger and would result in a skewed email to customer support which I would have to undercut and email support as well to defend myself etc etc. Not worth the trouble just because they were a little snarky. And yes they say, "CMU" I'll confirm "So Margret Morrison St?" then it'll be Fifth to Morewood to Forbes. Forget that back way lol

Reactions: X-X_Driver
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.