1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

She's a harmless 3.8 star pax

Discussion in 'Stories' started by MikesUber, Jan 15, 2016.

1. MikesUber

MikesUber

Driving:
    UberX
    Man guys lol so I'm for some reason online with Uber (need the money :confused:) and *BEEP* request for some girl rated a 3.8! By far my lowest rated passenger. I'm so cavalier that I say let's do itt! I call her to make sure she's not blackout drunk. Sounds okay, check.

Then she calls again. I'm 2 minutes away, I ignore it. Calls again. Ignored, wtf I'm like here b*tch. (She let it go to voicemail until I got there)

I pull up to the bar/restaurant and she drops (throws?) her phone down and it shatters.

She gets in and is with some guy as well, didn't seem like the bf. Anyway off we go, ETA about 5 minutes away.

We get to making small talk and she seems harmless, 3.8? Come on guys you're being harsh. Mechanical engineer at a great school here in Pittsburgh. Blah blah try to make them laugh = positive experience.

Then I make a left turn.

Girl: "Why are you going this way?"

"Oh that's the way the GPS is telling me to go" - Playing dumb, I mean b/c literally that's where it's telling me to go, I knew another away but decided I'd see what Google Maps had to say.

Buddy in the back: "Oh man you must be after that fare"

Uh go f*ck yourself little dude.

"Don't worry guys this is Google Maps it's taking us there, it's only like 5 minutes it'll basically be minimum fare"

Girl: "Yeah this is such a scenic route"

"It's not even worth it now since this is basically wasting my time now"

"No? We're not turning there? Okay."

Buddy: "Man he's really after that fare"

"Guys it's the GPS, it's correct" etc etc. Keep in mind this was a few minutes drive lol

Girl: "Um yeah you see those lights, tur - "

"Yeah I know where it is" (b*tch)

Dropped her off after they both couldn't decide where to drop off at. 2-stars just b/c it wasn't super far.

I'm guessing either SUPER entitled and spoiled by a rich family or just THAT stupid with communication skills.

TL;DR: 5 minute drive turned into a b*tch fit by some entitled chick

Honestly dgaf about your attitude since I'm taking your money and will toss your ass out as soon as possible. Farther trips you bet I would've kicked her out if given the chance. Benefits of working in customer service you can give me all the attitude you want and I'll be like :rolleyes:, UNPHASED BIATCH

2. UberMensch2015

UberMensch2015

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    1. Why did you not kick them out? If someone says I'm long-hauling them its immediate ejection.

2. Two stars? Seriously? You were so offended that you had to write about it and you still gave her more than one star?

3. Santa

Santa

I know right....

D Town likes this.
  4. Bob Smith

Bob Smith

As soon as a passenger accuses me of that, I'm done. I pull over and ask them to leave. They will rate me bad either way because of their accusations. So out they go.

D Town, Rix Mix and Santa like this.
  5. X-X_Driver

X-X_Driver

The CMU "elite" no doubt. Don't get me started. :)

MikesUber likes this.
  6. Learn to stand up for yourself. You should have not entertained them, rather, you should have kicked them out immediately and not even charged them since Uber is the one making most of the money anyway. Is being abused really worth that $2 min fare? Why did you give them 2 stars?

Lnsky and D Town like this.
  7. MikesUber

MikesUber

Driving:
    UberX
    It was a 5 minute ride, more trouble than it's worth causing a scene versus just finishing the trip.

And yes the star system is entirely subjective so that's what I decided to rate them.

Michael - Cleveland likes this.
  8. MikesUber

MikesUber

Driving:
    UberX
    Doesn't matter what they say to me unless they're swearing me out. Been in customer service for years it just rolls right off me. Personally I'm like "f*ck you" but when operating professionally, just like at work, I keep it professional.

Unless the situation really merits it (aka touching me, getting violent) I'm not risking escalation by kicking them out. YMMV

And yes X-X_DriverX-X_Driver you are spot on lol

9. MikesUber

MikesUber

Driving:
    UberX
    Because that's what I decided lol like I said in the original post that sh*t doesn't bother me. Was in a great mood all night.

10. JMBF831

JMBF831

Driving:
    UberX
    New driver alert:

In the future, please 1 star her.

11. MikesUber

MikesUber

Driving:
    UberX
    500+ rides between Uber and Lyft not necessarily "new" but sure I'm no 5000+ driver, also part time. But sure I'll hit em with the ban hammer then.

JMBF831 likes this.
  12. jaymaxx44

jaymaxx44

Driving:
    Lyft
    Should of stopped immediately. You'll learn so day. She 1 starred you too......

D Town likes this.
  13. MikesUber

MikesUber

Driving:
    UberX
    I don't care if she 1-starred me, my rating is unchanged. Guess I'll slap them with the 1-star them people damn

14. garrobitoalado

garrobitoalado

Driving:
    UberX
    ..I saw a 4.1 a week ago.. I smell trouble and rejected.. a 3.8??? Man! what was your thinking?? I would eject from my car after the first phrase!! ;)_

D Town likes this.
  15. MikesUber

MikesUber

Driving:
    UberX
    Didn't really bother me, again working in customer service for years I don't care what people say. I see too much risk of these people damaging my car if I kick them out. Hand washed and fully detailed I'm not trying to dent my Caliber lol

16. I accepted a non-surge ride by CMU and checked the stats and saw the pax was a 4.5 and immediately cancelled. I never see anyone in Pittsburgh below 4.7 so I knew something up. Wasn't worth the risk of either:
    1)minimum ride
    2)waiting for pax at location where pax are never ready
    3)rude/obnoxious customer

A 3.8 would have been an easy cancel along with a hearty chuckle.

JMBF831 and D Town like this.
  17. MikesUber

MikesUber

Driving:
    UberX
    What if she only had a few rides and 1 driver rated her low and the others rated high? I mean some drivers rate low for foreign language speakers, no ending destination entered, waiting for 3 minutes. Hey it was surprising to see that in Pittsburgh, I suppose I just needed to see what the fuss was about haha. And I'll take the little minimum ride over $0.00. She was even standing on the curb ready to go!

18. I see your point about the rating. If anything my bias was more towards the pickup location and type of rides I usually get there. The low rating justified in my mind cancelling and moving on to the next one. Now if it was surging at a 2x or higher I would have been singing a different tune...

forqalso and MikesUber like this.
  19. MikesUber

MikesUber

Driving:
    UberX
    Mad Mex on Highland, she was harmless just super entitled lol

20. sellkatsell44

sellkatsell44 Moderator

I hate when people try to tell me how to do my job

My reply is always, so why do you need me then?

And walk away

Or drive away in ur case