Shell fuel rewards card = GREAT savings

Nenee

Hi everyone!
I wanted to share a resource w those of you who might not be aware of it, the Shell rewards program, IT'S NOT A CREDIT CARD it's available by downloading their App.

I was shocked this morning to see that the gas station I've buying had at for $2.05 this morning jacked up the price to $2.25. Not crippling to the average Joe, however very if ur fueling up every day, that a big chunk of change out of my earnings.

Using my membership rewards I was able to get fuel for a whopping $2.00 per gallon ... Yessss!!!! I am doing my happy dance right now!!!!!

Nenee

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
UPDATE: wanted to let everyone know that the 25¢ discount t was for the first time fuel purchase - Disappointed!!! Butttttt..... it appears that I can earn discounts by shopping at specific retailers doing things I would typically already do.

Not as good of a deal as I originally thought, but I'm certainly not getting any discounts from other gas stations. If anyone is aware of any other discount programs please let me know.

Thanks

ZZY

Wynn Dixie has been doing the Shell promotion for years. Did you notice the price of gas at a typical Shell station is about 20 cents higher than the cheapest stations? The only time I use my credits is if I'm on fumes in an area I don't know and a Shell Station appears.

ZZY is correct. Shell gas stations typically charges about 20 cents more than others, however the Winn Dixie promotion helps a great deal if used properly. about once a month i can get about 90 cents off to the gallon, which is why I always shop at Winn Dixie. You have to use the promotion monthly, otherwise you lose the discount.

wk1102

UPDATE: wanted to let everyone know that the 25¢ discount t was for the first time fuel purchase - Disappointed!!! Butttttt..... it appears that I can earn discounts by shopping at specific retailers doing things I would typically already do.

Not as good of a deal as I originally thought, but I'm certainly not getting any discounts from other gas stations. If anyone is aware of any other discount programs please let me know.

Thanks
Yeah it's a first time thing. Yup can link your card to it and every so much you spend you get a discount. Also it gives and extra discount for Mastercard, the uber fuel card is a master card.

Manotas

I prefer Costo: average 15-20 cents cheaper than all gas stations around it... If I'm near Cumberland farms I use their rewards card and get 10 cents off per gallon, the one in Sunrise is cheaper than all gas stations around it

Tony Davila

Cumberland Farms gives you 10 cents off a gallon everytime you use their loyalty card. You have to link it to your checking account and the pay at the pump price is 10 cents less per gallon. Only issue is those stations are very rare in S FL. None in Miami-Dade, 3 in Broward and more common up in PBC.

Nenee

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I prefer Costo: average 15-20 cents cheaper than all gas stations around it... If I'm near Cumberland farms I use their rewards card and get 10 cents off per gallon, the one in Sunrise is cheaper than all gas stations around it
I like Costco they r definitely the cheapest but there's always huge lines and are not open early mornings or late at night.

Driver9

If youre a lyft driver and link your account to your shell card you get 3 cents off per gallon plus whatever other discounts you accumulate

rush

Publix is offering the $50 fuel cards for $40 this weekend, provided you buy $100 worth of groceries.

I'm buying the groceries anyway, so why not save 20% on gas of your choice.

Personally, I prefer exxon/mobil. Not the cheapest, but I have found I get the best mileage with their fuel. I think its because of less ethanol in the blend, but just guessing. BP used to be good too, but they all closed and became Marathons.

UberXnyne

I can't get a clear answer on this, but if you use your Uber fuel card in conjunction with Shell Fuel Rewards, shouldn't that work together? I know that Uber discount portion won't show on the pump, but I feel like the total deducted from my earnings are not correct? Just wondering before I waste a trip to the Uber office.

phuseche

I stopped using the UBER fuel card once I got their GoBank card. Discount alone isn't worth the trouble. Only benefit was a way to draw against your work of the week before it was transferred. With the Gobank card I can just do that; I draw on the money earned immediately.

UberXnyne

Sounds more like a preference rather than a benefit. I'm not sure I understand how the GoBank card is any better. I'd like to use any discount possible, but I think with Uber the discount doesn't always work the way it should.... Which may not be worth the trouble... Okay I get what you're saying now lol

phuseche

GoBank card is for having access to money earned any time, without waiting for Wednesday of following week. Which indirectly is the same benefit of the fuel card. Because I dismiss the discount benefit of the fuel card as irrelevant: pennies on a full tank.

Miamibeachuber

I always pump gas at Shell particularly one in Hialeah that's usually lower than other shells it's on Hialeah Drive. What I always do is I swipe the Shell Fuel Rewards card saving me $0.05 a gallon. Then I swipe my Uber card. I call it double dipping

rembrandt

Use GoBank card for instant transfer of your Uber income and then use this card to pay for the best gas price by using Gas buddy. I always get the best price by using the Gasbuddy. Not a big fan of Shell though because of their extra territorial activities.

UberXnyne

I always pump gas at Shell particularly one in Hialeah that's usually lower than other shells it's on Hialeah Drive. What I always do is I swipe the Shell Fuel Rewards card saving me $0.05 a gallon. Then I swipe my Uber card. I call it double dipping
This is exactly what I do. How do you know if you're getting the full benefit like you're supposed to? I feel like the total deducted from my earnings are always wrong.

Miamibeachuber

I always pump gas for a whole dollar amount. Let's say for example the pump stops at 28.56 I keep topping off until I hit $29. Now mind you the $29 that I just pump at the Shell gas station is the price of gasoline with the $0.05 taken off. You still have to give over a few days to reflect it on your card and then it'll always be like 28. Something or whatever sometimes even 27 so that's $0.05 that you get at the shell is automatic. the Uber discount doesn't come into effect until they take it off your earnings a few days later. Always pump a whole dollar amount that way you'll know if you got the discount.

command3r

Cumberland Farms gives you 10 cents off a gallon everytime you use their loyalty card. You have to link it to your checking account and the pay at the pump price is 10 cents less per gallon. Only issue is those stations are very rare in S FL. None in Miami-Dade, 3 in Broward and more common up in PBC.
+1 for Cumberland Farms, actually there are 4 in Broward. You probably forgot about the one on Atlantic West of 441.

Usually their gas is already cheap and you get the 10 cents off a gallon, plus their stores are really nice and good bathroom spots for a 24 hour