• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

She tells me to stop looking at my phone

UberLaLa

One Word (okay two) EzPz Cheap:

ColumbusRides

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can’t believe this thread is still going, I’ll probably get a windshield mount verses the CD one I currently have. I’ll search tomorrow at work.

ghrdrd

On Saturday, I picked up this drunk girl and her boyfriend. At first she was cool, kinda a lot of questions but I didn’t mind. So I’m getting close to their house, then she’s like I don’t like you holding your phone and I’ll give you directions (I got a new SUV and the previous CD phone holder I have doesn’t work well... Read Vehicle thread for my new truck) I thought in my head ok, I got it... I can see how it may not be safe in her mind so I stopped looking at phone for directions. There was a split road coming up and her being drunk didn’t tell me, I told her I’m looking at my phone I need accurate directions (I said kinda snippy) and that I’ll get you home. She probably didn’t realize her driver was gonna snap back, I refuse to be disrespected in my car). She shut up and was trying to be on my good side for the rest of the 5 minute ride home, I hardly acknowledged her once she got out my car. I’m pretty sure she 1 Star me, I 1 star her immediately.
If you really refuse to be disrepected in your car, you'd slam the breaks on and tell them to GTFO.

Cold Fusion

Those that are exposed to the general public in a service capacity need to manage their definition of “disrespecting”

⚠ The Rally Cry Of many deactivated Drivers:
I refuse to be disrespected in my car”

To demand respect is to tell others, “You will respect me!” or otherwise threaten or punish those who do not act according to your wishes.

To command respect is to have others observe and admire your actions of their own volition.

👉The underlying desire of having respect is feeling safe and in control.

Who gives a shit, show me the money💵

Carblar

Wow I didn’t know that. I’ll definitely get another one
Bragging about your new truck but working without a 10 dollar phone holder. Wow you're special.
As a pax I would have asked you to pull over immediately and end the ride. I would have taken a pic first of you driving while holding the phone and navigating. Then I would have contacted Uber are did all I could to get you deactivated.
Post automatically merged:

Nice to see that the OP seems to be taking the wise advice here. And now for a time-wasting anecdote: The first couple of weeks I was driving I did not have a phone holder. I was driving a woman home from Grocery Outlet (a wonderful discount grocery store that also carries piles of other stuff). As we drove down her street she was pointing to her house (but I couldn't see her hand) and exclaimed "It's that green house up there" (which didn't help because I am red/green colorblind).

So I was looking down at the phone to track the pin. Once at her house she tossed a phone holder she had picked up at GO onto the front passenger seat, announced "Here, you need this more than me", and exited the car. Truth be told the lady had an abrasive attitude from the getgo, but I mounted that holder lickitysplt and have never gone sans a phone holder since. Having the holder was akin to when you stop beating your head against the wall. Ubering is soooo much easier.
Red/green colorblind and driving professionally? Wow

ThatGuyPaul

Bragging about your new truck but working without a 10 dollar phone holder. Wow you're special.
As a pax I would have asked you to pull over immediately and end the ride. I would have taken a pic first of you driving while holding the phone and navigating. Then I would have contacted Uber are did all I could to get you deactivated.
Post automatically merged:

Lol...a bit whiny arentcha? Sounds like someone's a little...nvm =)

Christinebitg

Whoever recommended the Scosche phone holder had it right. I wouldn't use anything else.

You don't understand how that works. The red and green traffic lights don't look the same. They are discernably different. And even if they looked alike, can you tell up from down? How about right from left?

And yes, I don't have normal color vision. It's a long story that I won't bother you with, but it's genetic.

I can't speak for other people or other types of unusual color vision, but for me, green traffic lights look almost white. Red traffic lights are very red for me.

My first father-in-law (obviously no relation of mine) had almost no color vision at all. He lived in Delaware, which had a color vision test for their driver's license renewal. His wife would go in first and memorize the numbers, and he'd go in and take the test. He was as good a driver as you or me.

Seamus

I can’t believe this thread is still going, I’ll probably get a windshield mount verses the CD one I currently have. I’ll search tomorrow at work.
I give you credit for acknowledging a mistake and fixing it. Most on here will never admit a mistake.

Gotta laugh though, by post # 13 you had already acknowledged the mistake and declared you were going to buy one. By post #51 the beating continues! LOL

tenor.gif

ColumbusRides

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I give you credit for acknowledging a mistake and fixing it. Most on here will never admit a mistake.

Gotta laugh though, by post # 13 you had already acknowledged the mistake and declared you were going to buy one. By post #51 the beating continues! LOL

View attachment 354864
I was always gonna buy another phone holder I was just gonna wait till I bought a new phone (still running a iphone6) I guess I should have included that in the original post. It's ok tho about the beating, I have a thick skin and I find many of the responses funny, even the kinda harsh ones. I've taken many ubers in the past and I never really paid attention, I never felt my safety was in danger if the driver didn't have a holder but it is what it is. I showed my wife the thread, she's like omg you're such a loser.

CJfrom619

On Saturday, I picked up this drunk girl and her boyfriend. At first she was cool, kinda a lot of questions but I didn’t mind. So I’m getting close to their house, then she’s like I don’t like you holding your phone and I’ll give you directions (I got a new SUV and the previous CD phone holder I have doesn’t work well... Read Vehicle thread for my new truck) I thought in my head ok, I got it... I can see how it may not be safe in her mind so I stopped looking at phone for directions. There was a split road coming up and her being drunk didn’t tell me, I told her I’m looking at my phone I need accurate directions (I said kinda snippy) and that I’ll get you home. She probably didn’t realize her driver was gonna snap back, I refuse to be disrespected in my car). She shut up and was trying to be on my good side for the rest of the 5 minute ride home, I hardly acknowledged her once she got out my car. I’m pretty sure she 1 Star me, I 1 star her immediately.
I would have done the same. Holding your phone in 1 hand while driving is ridiculously unsafe...if you don’t have a proper phone mount then you shouldn’t be giving rides.