She got em

anteetr

So I had a good morning. I had a long ride to EWR at 2X and immediately got a ride right back where I came from. Being in the good mood I was in, I decided to do some charity rides on my way home to PA. The first two short hops went well. Then I get into Trenton.

I was gonna camp at the train station for a few minutes and see if I get lucky. As I pull up I get a ping from a few blocks away. The suns out so I take it. I pull up to the pickup spot and it's on a rough block, even for Trenton. I send my usual text to the pax announcing my arrival, so far so good. A minute later I get a phone call from the pax (names changed to protect identities):

anteetr: Hello, this is anteetr. Is this hood rat?
Hood Rat (angrily and loudly): Yeah. Yo why you be texin me fo?! Why caintchall juss call?!
anteetr: Excuse me?
HR: (louder and angrier): If youz ousside why you don juss call n say so? Don be texin me!
anteetr: So, you're not even in my car yet and you're already giving me a nasty attitude. You can ax D for a ride.
HR: D? Who D is?
anteeter (spins tires): DEEEEEZ N********TZ!!!
Click. Cancel. Feels good man. XD

anteetr

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So by doing that, you just pissed her off even more for the next Uber driver whose rating will suffer because of it.

Look. If the situation is looking bad, either Cancel or be nice about canceling. That's the best I can tell you to do.
Hopefully I pissed her off enough to take the bus from now on. I've been around the block enough to know she's the type to 1star a driver for breathing wrong, or to try and scam her fare back from Uber. While rare, Some customers just aren't worth it.

Uber00

So I had a good morning. I had a long ride to EWR at 2X and immediately got a ride right back where I came from. Being in the good mood I was in, I decided to do some charity rides on my way home to PA. The first two short hops went well. Then I get into Trenton.

I was gonna camp at the train station for a few minutes and see if I get lucky. As I pull up I get a ping from a few blocks away. The suns out so I take it. I pull up to the pickup spot and it's on a rough block, even for Trenton. I send my usual text to the pax announcing my arrival, so far so good. A minute later I get a phone call from the pax (names changed to protect identities):

Hood Rat (angrily and loudly): Yeah. Yo why you be texin me fo?! Why caintchall juss call?!
HR: (louder and angrier): If youz ousside why you don juss call n say so? Don be texin me!
anteetr: So, you're not even in my car yet and you're already giving me a nasty attitude. You can ax D for a ride.
Nice man I.had a very similar situation and reaction the night before the blizzard last January

Lepke

So by doing that, you just pissed her off even more for the next Uber driver whose rating will suffer because of it.

Look. If the situation is looking bad, either Cancel or be nice about canceling. That's the best I can tell you to do.
By doing that this driver lowered the passengers expectations and the passenger will most likely appreciate the next driver who picks her up and will give that driver 5 stars.

Lepke

Possible. But given her attitude, not likely.
Given her attitude she shouldn't be picked up buy any driver.

Perhaps this will help her to adjust her attitude now that she understands that an Uber driver is not her personal servant and is likely to cancel on her if she catches an attitude.

I'm sure that if she wants a ride in the future she will show more respect.

anteetr

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
By doing that this driver lowered the passengers expectations and the passenger will most likely appreciate the next driver who picks her up and will give that driver 5 stars.
Especially in that area. Most drivers would either ignore her request or roll down her scary block and just cancel.

Never take ish like that from pax that aren't even in your car I don't care where they live. Tude = Cancel, no exceptions. I've cancelled rides on 4X because the pax got smart with me. Act right or walk home.

Lepke

Especially in that area. Most drivers would either ignore her request or roll down her scary block and just cancel.

Never take ish like that from pax that aren't even in your car I don't care where they live. Tude = Cancel, no exceptions. I've cancelled rides on 4X because the pax got smart with me. Act right or walk home.
Someone else will take her and she will keep her mouth shut.

Unless she is developmentally disabled she has to know that you cancelled because she was acting out. Or it could be a cultural thing and she is clueless. But I'm pretty sure the next driver was treated better.

ToughTommy

I have cancelled on bad attitudes when I call late night and they fail their audition. You would think Fuber would disregard a consistent one star rater or throw them off the platform but now only an assault or rape or robbery gets people booted. I have been rating people worse that bug me more than ever.

UberwhoIaM

I agree that with a real decent human being that kind of tactic might work but when you're dealing with the lowest of the scum it doesn't matter how good you treat them they're still going to be the way they are.

I would bet money that wasn't the first and nor will it be the last time that passenger treats a driver like dog crap. Person like that needs to be reported for being abusive and if enough complaints are filled against her then hopefully that account gets wiped out forcing her start another account.

UberwhoIaM

Possible. But given her attitude, not likely.
That's exactly why you can't let them get away with it. She treats enough drivers like that she won't get picked up anymore. I have a good friend of mine that I was just hanging out with at the Philly Airport waiting for our next rider. We were talking about how we write down certain addresses and names and things like that of riders that don't deserve to be picked up so we can avoid them in the future.

UberwhoIaM

Perhaps this will help her to adjust her attitude now that she understands that an Uber driver is not her personal servant and is likely to cancel on her if she catches an attitude.

We have had our differences in the past but I have to admit you're right on with these two points...

UberwhoIaM

A man with integrity!!! The fact that you're willing to cancel a 4X ride makes you alright in my book... You handled it exactly as I would have and I respect you for your decision.

Über of Gotham

You remember passengers rating?

Poppychullo

Let them eat cake! Let her walk her booty for now on yo!

njctuberx

I'll cancel on them before the ride, once they're in the car I'll just get them where they have to go and document/report if necessary. I want their money, and I never have to see them again. :smiles:
I do agree that if you're a new driver, or under 200 rated rides, if they "where are you" call it should be an automatic cancel.
Now, I play it on a case by case basis. Just about always, I'll pick them up. I'd rather get a one star and be paid than avoid the one star, but not get their money.
Also, my cancellation rate is 2%. I try to keep it there so to stay off the radar.
-This woman I would have cancelled on though. Plus, I don't know why, but I love Deez Nutz jokes! Lol, good job!

Mikey_D

That's exactly right. You probably just caught the poor pax off guard. You should live up to the Uber driver oath and taken the hood rat wherever he wanted to go ... and done it with a smile.

For all you know the guy might have turned out to be Rhodes scholar. And probably a big tipper too.

Your loss my friend.