Shaw Heats Up This Week

KenR

Last Tuesday three were gunned down gangsta style at 7th and O Street, and last night a Senate intern was shot and killed drive-by style as he came out of the Shaw Metro four blocks up.

So you may want to take some care and alertness around U Street / Howard U / Shaw.

Police are seeking a burgundy Chrysler 300 with Maryland plates in connection with at least the latest shooting.

uberdriver

Last Tuesday three were gunned down gangsta style at 7th and O Street, and last night a Senate intern was shot and killed drive-by style as he came out of the Shaw Metro four blocks up.

So you may want to take some care and alertness around U Street / Howard U / Shaw.
The fatal shooting yesterday was not at night. It was in broad daylight, at 5pm. You are not safe at any time of the day.

KGB7

Heh, heard same story from a cop at 7/11 on 8th St.

There was an old guy that was yelling at the car to slow down, the kids shot at him but missed.

Raider

Hmmm Burgundy, chrysler 300 from MD...i bet you a billion dollars i know the ethnicity of the driver.

Another Uber Driver

Heh, heard same story from a cop at 7/11 on 8th St.

There was an old guy that was yelling at the car to slow down, the kids shot at him but missed.

Where is the 7/11 on 8? There is one on Rhode Island at Seven, but I am not familiar with one on Eight in Shaw. Is there one in that new high rise where the Giant is? .......or around the corner, somewhere? I would find it curious that there would be two Seven/Elevens so close to each other, but I have seen stranger things.

Let me get the story straight, though. This Chrysler Three Hundred was speeding. This old guy yelled at the driver to slow down. The thugs responded by shooting at him. The thugs missed the old guy and hit this other guy, instead. Is that how the Police told you that it went down?

KGB7

Where is the 7/11 on 8? There is one on Rhode Island at Seven, but I am not familiar with one on Eight in Shaw. Is there one in that new high rise where the Giant is? .......or around the corner, somewhere? I would find it curious that there would be two Seven/Elevens so close to each other, but I have seen stranger things.

Let me get the story straight, though. This Chrysler Three Hundred was speeding. This old guy yelled at the driver to slow down. The thugs responded by shooting at him. The thugs missed the old guy and hit this other guy, instead. Is that how the Police told you that it went down?
7th st and Rode Island NW.

Thugs shot at the old man after hitting the first target. Old man yelled at them as the thugs were speeding away. So thugs opened fire at old man but missed.

Ubermanpt

Dropped off a girl pax and a nice new building around 2nd and something (off h street) and she was telling me about a killing on her corner the week before. More stuff happening on h street lately.

Another Uber Driver

Dropped off a girl pax and a nice new building around 2nd and something (off h street) and she was telling me about a killing on her corner the week before. More stuff happening on h street lately.

I read about that, as well. Chief Lanier has remarked that there has been a spike in street robberies and violent crime in the City, lately.

KGB7

According to cop, there were 4 gang related shootings in the last 10 days in DC.

Bystander shot dead by accident with a hollow point. Bullet entered left side of torso(elbow level) and exited right side of the body elbow level. Dead on sight, as the hollow point tore through the guys internal organs before exiting.

JaguaGirl

Are you from here??? Do you kow the history of H Street??? Lately? Lol. Hardly....

Ubermanpt

Actually I meant everywhere lately. Stabbing a and shootings are on the rise after cooling down a little. I mean there has always been crime around but the uptick lately has been getting worse and worse. Just read about a DJ leaving work last Thursday night in DuPont who had a knife put to his throat. He gave the robbers what they wanted and then they stabbed him multiple times.

JaguaGirl

Actually I meant everywhere lately. Stabbing a and shootings are on the rise after cooling down a little. I mean there has always been crime around but the uptick lately has been getting worse and worse. Just read about a DJ leaving work last Thursday night in DuPont who had a knife put to his throat. He gave the robbers what they wanted and then they stabbed him multiple times.
Truth....

uberdriver

And that factor, that driving around the city transporting strangers is a dangerous activity, explains why UberX is having these sky-high rates for the drivers, to adequately compensate them for the risks that they are taking.

That is an explanation that you should give to your passengers the next time that they mention that Uber drivers make so much money. That way they will feel better about having to pay such exorbitant rates, knowing that it is a fair compensation to their drivers for the risks that they take.

Last edited:

k20fa5

Yea, that is why i always carry my sidearm. I value my life and D.C. crime is getting pretty ridiculous, especially in NorthWest aka "nice" area in dc.

Ubermanpt

WASHINGTON (WUSA9) -- A DC Uber driver had a gun pointed at him by the same suspect who killed the American University graduate, Matthew Shlonsky only moments before.

Bruce Leshan, WUSA9

Petar Petrov describes terror of suspect in #MattShlonsky murder pointing gun at him.

Shlonsky was shot and killed in broad daylight near the Shaw Howard Metro station on Saturday. After the suspect shot and killed Shlonsky with a stray bullet outside of the station, he took off the wrong way on S Street. Uber driver Petar Petrov was coming the other way when the suspect climbed out of his sunroof and pointed the gun at Petrov.

Petrov told WUSA9's Bruce Leshan that he thought he was a dead man. "It's a pretty scary situation when someone points a gun at you," Petrov stated in the exclusive interview with Leshan.

At a news conference Monday, the Metropolitan Police Department released surveillance video of six persons of interest. A police source tells WUSA9 that they have a good idea of where two of these persons of interest are.

uberdriver

WASHINGTON (WUSA9) -- A DC Uber driver had a gun pointed at him by the same suspect who killed the American University graduate, Matthew Shlonsky only moments before.

Bruce Leshan, WUSA9

Petar Petrov describes terror of suspect in #MattShlonsky murder pointing gun at him.

Shlonsky was shot and killed in broad daylight near the Shaw Howard Metro station on Saturday. After the suspect shot and killed Shlonsky with a stray bullet outside of the station, he took off the wrong way on S Street. Uber driver Petar Petrov was coming the other way when the suspect climbed out of his sunroof and pointed the gun at Petrov.

Petrov told WUSA9's Bruce Leshan that he thought he was a dead man. "It's a pretty scary situation when someone points a gun at you," Petrov stated in the exclusive interview with Leshan.

At a news conference Monday, the Metropolitan Police Department released surveillance video of six persons of interest. A police source tells WUSA9 that they have a good idea of where two of these persons of interest are.
That is why 100% of the "Safety Fee" of $1 per ride goes to the drivers. To compensate them for the risks that they take driving strangers around the city and being shot at. Oooooops, mistake....... It is exactly the opposite, Uber keeps 100% of it to line up its pockets. What an irony.

Another Uber Driver

WHERE is Rusted Puketastesick on all of this? Is he busy plotting his next yellow journalism set-up of cab drivers who do not want to be killed? Why is he not out interviewing thugs and asking them why they are making it so difficult for people? Why is he not interviewing judges who will not make sure that these thugs go to jail and STAY in jail, WHERE they belong?

Where are ya' Rusted?

On another note, I am glad that the Uber driver is allright.