• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE
Inshur

Sharing

Quadrophenia

I'm new to taxi driving and rent a white Prius which costing too much my mate said I could let friend use car and uber app to work when I sleep.
Is this ok in London as I have bedsit and need rent help my friend downstairs not work and he said he will use my car and pay me
Help please

voodooman

Even im finding it hard. ........of course you know the implications this will then be put on Social media and newspaper comments as what you guys are up to....Class up Taxi Driver!!

CommanderXL

I'm new to taxi driving and rent a white Prius which costing too much my mate said I could let friend use car and uber app to work when I sleep.
Is this ok in London as I have bedsit and need rent help my friend downstairs not work and he said he will use my car and pay me
Help please
To answer your question, no, you can't do that. The driver must have a license and be listed as insured on the vehicle. Also, passengers get a picture of the driver so if your friend shows up instead of you, it will be obvious. The consequence of doing this is YOU will be deactivated permanently.

voodooman

But you can use your Uber Air freshener as a for hire sign which allows you to Tout with impunity.

Couldnt resist that one chaps ,truth allways hurts :smiles:

uberR

I feel sorry for the black cab drivers, they think by repeating crap that their fellow black cab drivers post on here it makes it true, and then they get their whole family to spew the same crap thinking suddenly everyone will take their word as gospel. they even got their dogs in on it!

pingpongman

Actually the public are so wary of touts? Even if you wear your air freshener around your neck and then climb to the roof of your car and start jumping up and down, still they'll just check on their phone for availability and go with that

voodooman

Pingo I have to really disagree ,they are pissed and just want to get home, you show your a minicab they will get in,they just want to get home.

There are many sexual assaults on passengers but where it goes pearshaped from Taxi driver propoganda is it is basically from Touts not PH...aka "unlicenced minicabs" well that is not conguent you cant be a minicab without being licensed and that gives you lot a bad name,They are just touts end of

pingpongman

Re; touts, so nice to see a fair minded comment from a cabbie on this issue, I wish people like Len Chapman and uncle Festa, would also drop their smear campaign, there is much more public awareness now, True they'll always be the occasional cheeky minicab driver that will do it for money, but that much is also true of the yellow badge, re; people desperate to get home, True enough but I remember a time when I ended up in altercations with people, because I told them that I wasn't allowed to ply for hire and they used to think that you just didn't want to take them, but nowadays they seem to know the difference

igor l

Got one customer at my club and always asking her for easiest way to paddington station cus her dad is black cab driver :]

snoodles88

Help please
You can only do this if you are black taxi, too risky for minicab. If you black taxi you can drive like @@@@@@@@ and police dont say anything because they are special they done the knowledge haha.

My cousin black taxi driver lets his friend drive black taxi at night so they do 24 hours its ok no problem.

Do the knowledge and you can act like you own the road. Lot of time sitting on ranks waiting like a @@@@@@ though so sad

voodooman

Poor old blasphemer ,sounds like a lot of angst.Cant you make a post without swear words makes you look a bit thick

Towie

My neighbour is a black cabbie.
He rents out his cab to 2 guys.
Neither have a licence - he joked about it but as he says ultimately it's cash in his pocket.

Apparently there are hundreds of guys driving black cabs without any licence

You can only do this if you are black taxi, too risky for minicab. If you black taxi you can drive like @@@@@@@@ and police dont say anything because they are special they done the knowledge haha.

My cousin black taxi driver lets his friend drive black taxi at night so they do 24 hours its ok no problem.

Do the knowledge and you can act like you own the road. Lot of time sitting on ranks waiting like a @@@@@@ though so sad
Rubbish