• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

SHARED SAVER

AlteredBeast

Seems okay. Probably will result in people using this, then demand to still be picked up and dropped off wherever they actually want and not where they should be, resulting in low ratings and no tips...

touberornottouber

This would be absolute hell here at some of the Universities here. We have one where a popular housing complex is less than one mile down the road from the University. Almost all of the people in the complex are students at the University. I can only imagine getting this "Shared Saver" as a driver and having to pickup three separate riders with three different dropoffs around campus for a total $3 fare.

May H.

Seems okay. Probably will result in people using this, then demand to still be picked up and dropped off wherever they actually want and not where they should be, resulting in low ratings and no tips...
Yeah, it’s exactly like Uber’s express pool. Pax get upset & downrate if you don’t drop them off at their exact destination. Funny, how long it took Lyft to copy this...

Pax Collector

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That only helps if it is the first rider, right? If it's like Express Pool they will mix Shared Saver riders with regular Shared, so you will lose that visibility. Best advice I can give is to never do Shared or Pool... problem solved!
Exactly. Besides, Unlike Uber, once you accept a Sharted ride, you won't be able to stop other riders from being added.

Bus Bozo

If Lyft does this like Uber, you only see "shared" during the ping, and won't see it's "saver" until after you accept. I thought I really hated pool until express pool hit the menu.....

Of course the pax is hoping the driver will take them the "it's just up the road" way to their exact destination. I tell them, with express, I am not paid once I pass your designated drop-off point, but if you want to give me a couple of bucks?......nobody has said yes yet. (Not that I do a lot of pool rides.)

And yes, if you get a long pool ride with the first rider, the option to stop additional pax (that Lyft doesn't give you) can mean the difference between a profitable and a nonprofitable trip.