Share your Airport trips

beSafe

1st picked up was at international airpor, got ping for Mercure hotel to Zetland, after waiting 20 mins

Back to int'l waiting zone, got a job for Domestic pick up, what a heck. Anyway, drove to public pick up, short trip to Ikea/Tempe. It will be nice if pax give a tip for such short trip, no tip , collected $10.70

Back again to int'l waiting zone. 20 mins waited, got a job to Milson point collected $35 not bad

My airpor last trip was again waiting at Int waiting, got a job for domestic pick up. What a heck, pax confirmed domestic terminal. short trip to kingsford. Collected $22 due to Surge 1.6x (1st surge at airport).

not a productive run

Last edited:

beSafe

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That was night time 18/6

Today, waited at int'l zone at 12.00 waited 30 mins. picked up couple just came back from Thai, destination Doonside, collected $79 after Uber cut. That was a solid ride. Gone home and rest

Last edited:

Dissendat

My favourite one was when I waited 25 minutes for a ride at domestic.

Get the ping, the guy calls straight away telling me where he is (he is in the right place). Going to Alexandria (oh well, luck of the draw).

Find them, the wife is angry already. Gets in the car, followed by the husband. She asks me abruptly to turn off the music.

Then accuses me of going the long way (down Bourke street), which was the way the map was taking me and the way I would go. I offer to go an alternative route. They decline.

She is in the back huffing and puffing. Then they have a fight, then she calls someone they were supposed to meet and blasts them about things and it's not their fault the plane was late and there is traffic (around and leaving the airport at 17:30 on a Friday afternoon, no way!!!).

Get to the destination. She gets out of the car, swears at me, accuses me of driving slow, and saying she will give me 0 stars. Her husband was a little more understanding, but still rude.

Then I went onto the next ping and they were thankfully much more friendly.

Azzure

1st picked up was at international airpor, got ping for Mercure hotel to Zetland, after waiting 20 mins

Back to int'l waiting zone, got a job for Domestic pick up, what a heck. Anyway, drove to public pick up, short trip to Ikea/Tempe. It will be nice if pax give a tip for such short trip, no tip , collected $10.70

Back again to int'l waiting zone. 20 mins waited, got a job to Milson point collected $35 not bad

My airpor last trip was again waiting at Int waiting, got a job for domestic pick up. What a heck, pax confirmed donestic terminal. short trip to kingsford. Collected $22 due to Surge 1.6x (1st surge at airport).

not a productive run
What do you all feel is an average waiting time at the airports here in Sydney? I'm hoping UBER provides an app update soon showing our place in the "virtual queue" as I'd love to know if i'm number 10 in queue or number 150.

Grand

What do you all feel is an average waiting time at the airports here in Sydney? I'm hoping UBER provides an app update soon showing our place in the "virtual queue" as I'd love to know if i'm number 10 in queue or number 150.
Unfortunately waiting time only depends upon the pax. I have waited up to an hour during the daytime, noticed no change in pax app of the cars around me, then driven off.
I agree a queue indicator would help but I won't wait.
One poster said he saw lots of cars in the pax app around the airport - after the last flight of the day!!