SFO waiting area

Ubering

So normally when I drop off a pax at the airport, I don't go to the waiting area and just go back up to SF because I don't want to wait 30+ min and potentially picking up a pax that is going in the opposite direction (south).

I had a pick up last night after waiting in the staging area at around 9:30p (it was going to be my last ride), before calling it a night, I get there, he gets in, start the trip and the @$#%! guy was going g to Sunnyvale! At that time I didnt have the balls (hopefully I won't get a personal message from the moderator for saying a 'bad' word), to tell him I am only going north. Maybe it's because it took me 10 min to get to him.

So I took the ride, and didn't get anything back up and came back close to midnight. Waste of time and money.

I always use my destination filters at the airport but it won't allow you to at the staging area.

Does anyone go south of the airport somewhere to wait and able to turn on destination filter to be able to get rides back to SF?

1Nation

So normally when I drop off a pax at the airport, I don't go to the waiting area and just go back up to SF because I don't want to wait 30+ min and potentially picking up a pax that is going in the opposite direction (south).

I had a pick up last night after waiting in the staging area at around 9:30p (it was going to be my last ride), before calling it a night, I get there, he gets in, start the trip and the @$#%! guy was going g to Sunnyvale! At that time I didnt have the balls (hopefully I won't get a personal message from the moderator for saying a 'bad' word), to tell him I am only going north. Maybe it's because it took me 10 min to get to him.

So I took the ride, and didn't get anything back up and came back close to midnight. Waste of time and money.

I always use my destination filters at the airport but it won't allow you to at the staging area.

Does anyone go south of the airport somewhere to wait and able to turn on destination filter to be able to get rides back to SF?
Try the Lunardi's parking lot on El Camino. It's right outside the airport zone and has lots of room. As a bonus there's a Little Lucca sandwich shop in the same shopping center.

cho

Why didn't you contact pax during the 10 minutes it took to get to him and find out where he was going? Wouldn't feel sorry for someone at the airport especially since there's probably plenty of other drivers waiting that would gladly take him south.....

yucklyftline

Why didn't you contact pax during the 10 minutes it took to get to him and find out where he was going? Wouldn't feel sorry for someone at the airport especially since there's probably plenty of other drivers waiting that would gladly take him south.....
I usually call when it's my last ride, nothing more frustrating than dead miling potentially 50+ miles back home, especially to a lower rate region. Pax are understanding for the most part.

yucklyftline

Best to pull over at one of the terminal doors and call. Once pax cancels, you'll get another ping in seconds.

If you're close to the pickup when you get pinged, uber will notify the pax you've arrived tho, not sure if they get charged a cancel fee at this point, so you'll have to cancel. I've called up to 3 different pax to find the answer I was looking for, haven't had to try more than that. But the key is not to end your shift at the airport, very frustrating.

I wonder how many back to back pings you can receive in the terminal lol

uberhernder

I'm the opposite since I live down south. But almost always get a airport ride back to SF :frown: which is not bad since I can always set the dest filter to south aand always pick up a few.