• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

SFO to SMF (Sacramento) Uber Ride

passenger8

It looks like I will have to get from SFO to SMF airport tomorrow around 9:30am after an 8 hour flight. How likely do you think an Uber driver would be willing to take this fare?

Thanks ahead for any advice UberPeople!

Pax Collector

I personally wouldn't but you never know. Someone might take it. Just be considerate and let your driver know (Through text or a phone call) of the destination before they come and pick you up to avoid any surprises. Drivers don't get to see the destination until they've started the trip. A decent tip (Preferably cash) is also appreciated as your driver would have to incur some dead miles.

Z129

It looks like I will have to get from SFO to SMF airport tomorrow around 9:30am after an 8 hour flight. How likely do you think an Uber driver would be willing to take this fare?

Do yourself a favor and order something better than X so you can relax after a long flight. SFO to SMF definitely isn't a short ride.

Pax Collector

passenger8 It's completely up to you. Most drivers will be happy with anything in the range of 20% of the fare. There's no maximum and minimum, only what generosity you can extend for a long and safe ride.

warsaw

Drivers are crappy low lives, except a few selective smart ants!
If you tell your driver in advance, you'll likely do them a big favor, but it could also backfire and keep you waiting for a ride. Mostly, I would go with an upfront tip to appease a few decent ants into going that far, even if the fare is good. The ride back to the Bay Area will most likely be dead miles.

UberXking

What? We offer better service than our competition .What does our competition charge to SMF.?
Over $400 . The trip is over 200 miles and 3 1/2 hours
4 years ago Uber paid $200 to the driver
Today $97 . I think the fact that Uber wants over $50 to administer the trip makes this a cost prohibitive job. Drivers can't just blindly accept .....drive wherever told for free to the PAX .

seymour

FuberPromo17 just completed such a ride - $414 for 138min drive - but it was a Select ride