Uber Drivers Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts
All the 1.2x, 1.3x at the airport brought *ALL* the cars.

I made a South SF dropoff, and SFO was 1.2x at the time. Headed to SFO, but before I got there the surge was gone. When I got to the lot, it was packed. 40 cars easy.

I parked and went offline. Stretch my legs and back. Websurf. Play some games even. Kept waiting for surge to come back.

Eventually I just took a ride. Los effing Gatos. I forgot to start the ride early for the destination, and by the time I knew it he had already loaded all his luggage. Too much of a scene to refuse him at that point.

If I had gone home empty from SFO, I still would have had $1/mile for the night. After Los Gatos and 5 or so Palo Alto rides at 1.5x or better.... I was at $0.80/mile by the time I got home

I hate the airport. Hate. Hate. hate.
I was at SFO yesterday @ 10:20pm and notice the lot which was kind of half full was suddenly filling up fast. My gut told me to leave because my head wasn't in the game. (I can't drive 7 days a week.) There might have been a 1.2x surge. SURGE seems like fake surge meaning I'm not getting much $ when it surges.

I've been told by a uber engineer that SFO surge was coming, guess it's finally here
But didn't Uber say something about how part of the agreement to allow Uber at SFO was that they could not do surge pricing? I wonder if that agreement has been repealed or if that was just never the case and Uber was just trying to keep PAX happy.

I hope they turn surge back off at SFO. "No Uber X available" because all drivers had Ubered off and were making a killing on Lyft. Come on, Uber, pax don't want surge at airports! o_O Turn it back off!

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.