SFO Staging Lot - Clicks & Sneaky Drivers

AlexK

So I see TNC vehicles parked on the freeway on ramp right next to the lot and in the cell phone lot area (not sure how long that will last, as I feel like those are easy tickets)

Lol I don't know why I find other drivers so hilarious to watch, something like a starving lion pack and a downed gazelle.

It's a feeding frenzy nowadays and everyone is trying to get the leg up!

Also the clicks here are interesting.

My first SFO airport pickup is about to happen.... I wonder if it'll be worth the wait.

Greenie

SF airport pickup isn't that great. Most cases, you end up in SF which is great but you run the risk of getting pax that also go anywhere in the Bay Area too. I've given up on SFO pickup when my last one ended up in Los Altos

AlexK

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah - I will never wait there again. $24 fare after 1hr of waiting.

It might be a cool location to sit and do homework while waiting, but luckily, like you said, I ended up back in SF - specifically the Castro. So that kind of worked out but all said and done it was 80 minutes for $20

yucklyftline

Yeah - I will never wait there again. $24 fare after 1hr of waiting.

It might be a cool location to sit and do homework while waiting, but luckily, like you said, I ended up back in SF - specifically the Castro. So that kind of worked out but all said and done it was 80 minutes for $20
Did a pax take you to SFO or did u head there because you were bored?

AlexK

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I did a drop off at SFO - I learned early on from these forums that usually, it's best to drop off and head right back into the city, but I was sort of interested in the process and gave it a whirl.

If you could do back to back pickups, it would be worth it, but waiting an hour or more in a queue is noooooot worth it, lol

Genini-Contractor

I did a drop off at SFO - I learned early on from these forums that usually, it's best to drop off and head right back into the city, but I was sort of interested in the process and gave it a whirl.

If you could do back to back pickups, it would be worth it, but waiting an hour or more in a queue is noooooot worth it, lol
I always end up going back to SF.

Euius

I not only instantly go back to SF, I go offline until I'm at the 101/280 exchange. I haven't done an airport pickup since right after surge at the airport started happening (and before I realized 1.3x wasn't worth it)

Although, there's a decent $5 car wash on south airport drive.

My experience is at least 50/50 between SFO pickups going to SF or going south, and I never want to go south. It's not worth the hassle to call them. Riders still seem to think drivers know the destination before we pick them up.

Genini-Contractor

I not only instantly go back to SF, I go offline until I'm at the 101/280 exchange. I haven't done an airport pickup since right after surge at the airport started happening (and before I realized 1.3x wasn't worth it)

Although, there's a decent $5 car wash on south airport drive.

My experience is at least 50/50 between SFO pickups going to SF or going south, and I never want to go south. It's not worth the hassle to call them. Riders still seem to think drivers know the destination before we pick them up.
I always let them know that they are "....more than welcome to give directions because I'm a native San Franciscan and don't know the roads that well outside the city." People have been nice about giving directions and 95% eager to do it.

ChortlingCrison

So I see TNC vehicles parked on the freeway on ramp right next to the lot and in the cell phone lot area (not sure how long that will last, as I feel like those are easy tickets)

Lol I don't know why I find other drivers so hilarious to watch, something like a starving lion pack and a downed gazelle.

My first SFO airport pickup is about to happen.... I wonder if it'll be worth the wait.
It's like watching "the lion pride" on national geographic.

Euius

I always let them know that they are "....more than welcome to give directions because I'm a native San Franciscan and don't know the roads that well outside the city." People have been nice about giving directions and 95% eager to do it.
Uh. Has nothing to do with directions. I know Palo Alto better than SF. Except its 40 minutes from SF, and 50 minutes from my house, with crappy rates.

I refuse to go south because I don't want to go south, not because I can't read the gps

dutch369

You pick up on all of this on your 1st visit, I'm impressed, yesterday/ Thrusday was unusually slow and most contractors/consultants are on vacation this week, funny story, I'm driving down 101 last night Heading south, just passed S. Airport Blvd. exit, turn on XL and Instant ping, pick up (Burlingame) look to see how many XL drivers there were on between me and pax, I counted 17, pax told me many called and said to cancel because they where in the airport zone, easy ride to SF boys you lose again
Uber on

Genini-Contractor

Uh. Has nothing to do with directions. I know Palo Alto better than SF. Except its 40 minutes from SF, and 50 minutes from my house, with crappy rates.

I refuse to go south because I don't want to go south, not because I can't read the gps
I don't use GPS much in SF and my screen is small. Iphone 4. I will upgrade eventually. I use my own routes as long as I get 2 cross streets from the map and the address number.

Lyft_94110

SFO is usually really good from 9:00 pm to 11:00 pm. You won't have to wait long; sometimes you get a ping while the car is still moving into the TNC lot. Of course, it's still a crapshoot with regards to destination, but if you only waited 2 minutes for a $15 fare, you can go right back and it's still the busy time.

Euius

An Hr long wait? is that real? what is the "norm" for SFO staging?
I've seen 90 minute queues even before things started slowing down.

I don't spend much time at the airport though so I can't say how prevalent that is.

Lost In Translation

You can check on the airport waiting time BEFORE heading to any airport. Click on the Black Circle and up pops the waiting time. Under 25 minutes I head there. Over I don't bother.