• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

SFO police presence

Has anyone noticed a heavier police presence at SFO the past several days? I began noticing it last week with CHP pulling cars over as they approached the airport and police near the queue lots. Last night I saw both CHP (as I was approaching the parking garage) and SFPD (actually in the parking garage). I read a few weeks ago that SFO has created technology (that they sell to other airports) that reads our license plates and can decipher if we are rideshare. It is similar to the cameras on the buses (they capture everyone). That was my first thought when I saw the heavy police presence. By centralizing us you can capture much more information. Any thoughts?

Attachments

Pax Collector

Yep. I used to dodge cars left and right coming off the 101 and even on the airport ramps. Clueless drivers merging at the last minute, going 10mph trying to figure out whether they need to go to international or domestic, parking wherever they please.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't think it has anything to do with traffic. Most people causing the delays are not used to driving the airport. Wednesday they moved all pickups to the parking garage. The police were actually in the garage and approaching the garage where traffic bottlenecks and goes 5 mph.

Pax Collector

I don't think it has anything to do with traffic. Most people causing the delays are not used to driving the airport. Wednesday they moved all pickups to the parking garage. The police were actually in the garage and approaching the garage where traffic bottlenecks and goes 5 mph.
They were most likely there to keep the peace since this is the first week of the new garage pick ups.

DollarFree

SFPD have developed special technology for ticketing U/L drivers, their eyes, they see the U/L sticker, driver does some minor infringement and bam a ticket. No stickers, it’s just SF driving as usual, move on.

If you’re not at SFO don’t use trade dress, pax don’t care. Or keep denying it ‘cos you’re THE perfect driver and it won’t happen to you.

BeansnRice

Has anyone noticed a heavier police presence at SFO the past several days? I began noticing it last week with CHP pulling cars over as they approached the airport and police near the queue lots. Last night I saw both CHP (as I was approaching the parking garage) and SFPD (actually in the parking garage). I read a few weeks ago that SFO has created technology (that they sell to other airports) that reads our license plates and can decipher if we are rideshare. It is similar to the cameras on the buses (they capture everyone). That was my first thought when I saw the heavy police presence. By centralizing us you can capture much more information. Any thoughts?
Why focus on grinders like us unless some them are on watch lists?
But isn’t that what the background check is for?
Plus, we’re too broke to be looking for trouble.

Sigh

treesweets dancer

SFPD have developed special technology for ticketing U/L drivers, their eyes, they see the U/L sticker, driver does some minor infringement and bam a ticket. No stickers, it’s just SF driving as usual, move on.
3 years since I put the sticker on. No problems here. If ur getting stopped all the time, u may be worse than u think. I'm not a patient driver. If I'm gonna do something like a mid block U tho, I take a look around first. But police cars are everywhere. & I aint being stopped.

Plus I live in SF. I see what happens while not driving too. So many times, just outside my window even, I hear & see cops telling Uberdubers to move. They don't even ticket them. They just yell thru the PA, move yr car, don't stop in the road. All the time I see & hear that in SF.

This mentality is like guys in prison. A lot of whom think it's all the cops' fault they're in prison, like they were targeted. I'm like "I think I'm here cuz of the crime I did". It's just typical dumb guy paranoia. & if SF hatws U/L, why were they one of the most pro Ul cities, allowing them to operate just about however they wanted when they were new, all like "we're a city about fostering innovation"? It's like some poeple just say whatever regardless of the facts. Oh shit I'm turning into Dragnet. I told myself to ignore stupid people on the internet when they're not at least being funny.

SFPD doesn't seem that into stopping people period. I cant even remember all the 100s of times I've seen a cop car roll by when I'm thinking "aren't u gonna get that Uber driver who's blocking traffic". Or the one in the bus stop. Or or. Cop cars just roll by. How does that square with the whole "SFPD targets Uberdubers".

Oh & the ones who @@@@ing cross the intersection then immediately stop with cars behind them. Those too @@@@witted to pull over, impervious to the guilt a normal person would feel while cars are swerving around you while u sit there waiting for a rider to appear. I bet if they got a ticket they'd come here & say "SFPD just targets us. I ain't done nuthin".

DollarFree

3 years since I put the sticker on. No problems here. If ur getting stopped all the time, u may be worse than u think. I'm not a patient driver. If I'm gonna do something like a mid block U tho, I take a look around first. But police cars are everywhere. & I aint being stopped.

Plus I live in SF. I see what happens while not driving too. So many times, just outside my window even, I hear & see cops telling Uberdubers to move. They don't even ticket them. They just yell thru the PA, move yr car, don't stop in the road. All the time I see & hear that in SF.

This mentality is like guys in prison. A lot of whom think it's all the cops' fault they're in prison, like they were targeted. I'm like "I think I'm here cuz of the crime I did". It's just typical dumb guy paranoia. & if SF hatws U/L, why were they one of the most pro Ul cities, allowing them to operate just about however they wanted when they were new, all like "we're a city about fostering innovation"? It's like some poeple just say whatever regardless of the facts. Oh shit I'm turning into Dragnet. I told myself to ignore stupid people on the internet when they're not at least being funny.

SFPD doesn't seem that into stopping people period. I cant even remember all the 100s of times I've seen a cop car roll by when I'm thinking "aren't u gonna get that Uber driver who's blocking traffic". Or the one in the bus stop. Or or. Cop cars just roll by. How does that square with the whole "SFPD targets Uberdubers".

Oh & the ones who @@@@ing cross the intersection then immediately stop with cars behind them. Those too @@@@witted to pull over, impervious to the guilt a normal person would feel while cars are swerving around you while u sit there waiting for a rider to appear. I bet if they got a ticket they'd come here & say "SFPD just targets us. I ain't done nuthin".
Your turn will come. It’s luck. When u pull that U and there happens to be an unmarked car doing a traffic campaign nearby your stickers will guarantee the ticket. No 1000 word posts will mean anything.

Why focus on grinders like us unless some them are on watch lists?
But isn’t that what the background check is for?
Plus, we’re too broke to be looking for trouble.

Sigh
Because the airport really does not want us there. That is why they are making it so difficult.

treesweets dancer

Your turn will come. It’s luck. When u pull that U and there happens to be an unmarked car doing a traffic campaign nearby your stickers will guarantee the ticket. No 1000 word posts will mean anything.
Why are they driving right on by so many offenders then? & often when they bother with a street blocker they only tell them to move*, no ticket? Those don't fit the narrative, but living here, that's what I witness.

*Imagine if we all had those scary voice PAs in our cars

My post was specifically for the airport. I have only been stopped one time in SF (in 4 years) and it was because my dealer plate was expired. SFPD, OPD are not coming for us like SFMTA is. If I am not mistaken SFMTA has an interest at the airport (taxis, bus and BART).
Post automatically merged:

How many tickets have you gotten in what period of time (SFPD)? Again, SFPD are not our problem.

Last edited:

DollarFree

Why are they driving right on by so many offenders then? & often when they bother with a street blocker they only tell them to move*, no ticket? Those don't fit the narrative, but living here, that's what I witness.

*Imagine if we all had those scary voice PAs in our cars
Those are the battered old Crown Victorias or whatever, the guys who police work. The shiny new vehicles, esp the SUVs are there to take your money.

BeansnRice

Because the airport really does not want us there. That is why they are making it so difficult.
Wow...Pax sure do though..
Post automatically merged:

Wow. That’s too bad. U/L drivers provide great service over there. We get people out of there ASAP.

We potentially make it harder for troublemakers to linger unnoticed.

We want what they want.... which is to take people away ASAP.

Maybe if we were union they wouldn’t hate drivers. Maybe we seem like scabs.

Lyfted13

SFO monitors all rideshare drivers on the premises with GPS. Even after we drop off pax or before we pick them up. If the app is on, they can see us on their system

uber87j

Yep. I used to dodge cars left and right coming off the 101 and even on the airport ramps. Clueless drivers merging at the last minute, going 10mph trying to figure out whether they need to go to international or domestic, parking wherever they please.
One of my pet peeves. Clueless indecisive drivers who lollygag around.