SFO dropoffs

HandOfGod

I think I got a citation this evening for dropping off a passenger at the arrivals section. Woman comes by and tells me I'm supposed to drop off on the above floor, but she doesn't say she's writing me a ticket.

Of course I see her writing something and looking at the back of my car as I'm driving off.

How should I fight this in court? I'm going to just say I was dropping off my roommate/friend at the airport and I wasn't on Uber. It's not like she has any evidence against me.

Thoughts?

And Uber should really do a better job instructing drivers about airports.

dtsexpert

I think I got a citation this evening for dropping off a passenger at the arrivals section. Woman comes by and tells me I'm supposed to drop off on the above floor, but she doesn't say she's writing me a ticket.

Of course I see her writing something and looking at the back of my car as I'm driving off.

How should I fight this in court? I'm going to just say I was dropping off my roommate/friend at the airport and I wasn't on Uber. It's not like she has any evidence against me.

Thoughts?

dont take this offended but airport instruction for drop,off & pickup posted on Uber website.
Pls think twice before attempting lying in court. Not worth it at all.
Fight when you think you are right. All of your movement were tracked & recorded by Uber.

manuella

Uber should really do a better job instructing drivers about airports.
At this point we can blame anything on uber

Ticket goes to uber directly so you will probably see your paycheck deducted , I still haven't heard anyone fight an sfo ticket , they are like the mafia.

LoveHateThisJob

HandOfGod How hard is it to follow the rules?

You pickup and drop off in the departures section. I have been doing this for 3 years now, done hundreds of airport rides. NOT ONCE have I ever been anywhere near Arrivals. If PAX is in arrivals you make their ass go to departures or you cancel the ride.

So not to rub salt in the wound. But you deserve that ticket for being an idiot. Rules are the rules for a reason.

HandOfGod

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

You pickup and drop off in the departures section. I have been doing this for 3 years now, done hundreds of airport rides. NOT ONCE have I ever been anywhere near Arrivals. If PAX is in arrivals you make their ass go to departures or you cancel the ride.

So not to rub salt in the wound. But you deserve that ticket for being an idiot. Rules are the rules for a reason.
Yeah...it's only my third week driving Uber and I would have known if I saw that listed somewhere obvious or saw a sign.

There is NO mention of SFO airport policies within the Uber Partner app and I should get something popping up about where to drop off and pickup when I accept a trip request to SFO.

I think I just got a warning actually...otherwise the officer would've probably said something like "I'm giving you a ticket".

Last edited:

InvisibleUberMan

Yeah...it's only my third week driving Uber and I would have known if I saw that listed somewhere obvious or saw a sign.".
I hear you; easy to do unless you have been reading up on your own. Uber has no instructions for the drivers on the app like they have for riders. Here are a few things to keep in mind when doing the airport apart from remembering that both drop-offs and pick-ups are at the departure level.
1. Always call the passenger and double check with them that they are at the departure level. You will be surprised how many don't read the instructions in the app.
2. Do not wait at the terminal doors even for a minute. Waiting for 2 or 5 minutes at the door for 2 or 5 minutes will definitely get you a ticket. If the riders are not already there, either cancel or if you really want the pick-up, go around. At the domestic terminal it is easy to go around to terminals 2 and 3.

Neoboi

There is NO mention of SFO airport policies within the Uber Partner app and I should get something popping up about where to drop off and pickup when I accept a trip request to SFO.
There is, if you read on the driver portal at sanfrancisco.ubermovement.com. I also think that it's on the back of the airport placard......and the only place they can select on the app is departure level.......I really hate to be another voice of I told you so.......but if you did get a ticket, you deserve it.

Contractor or not, side hustle or not, driving for uber is a job, for which you are paid, and it's your responsibility to make sure you know how to do something. The information is there, you just didn't look for it. It's a hard lesson, and an expensive lesson, but hopefully you will remember it. Because drivers who just turn on the app and go, really make life harder for those of us who do our research.....it took uber over a month to update their gps for turns on and off of market, and when they changed in the mission.....another month.

But, let me take this moment to appreciate you.........

Attachments

Working and Driving

Why in the world would you drop off in arrivals? Everyone, Uber's and the public, drop off at departures. The Uber confusion comes when you're doing pick ups at SFO, where we have to do the opposite of what is common sense, picking up pax at departures.

May I ask if you even have a SFO permit and was it displayed? If not, you could be in for a double ticket whammy. Sorry dude, but kinda feel this one's all on you.
Best of luck...

HandOfGod

Yeah, I have an SFO permit. And my passenger requested to be dropped off at arrivals because he wasn't going on a flight--meeting friends coming in.

LoveHateThisJob

HandOfGod In that situation you need to inform the pax that it would be a $200 TICKET if you did that, so you have to drop him in departures and have him walk down a couple stairs. Or take an elevator if he has bags.

Sometimes you have to realize that your rating is less important than getting a huge ticket. You don't have to be rude to the PAX but if you inform them that a ticket would somehow be involved, I bet their attitude would change quickly.

Also remember you can cancel a ride anytime, and sometimes kicking an unhappy passenger out of the car and cancelling the ride is better than the $5-$10 you would make and then get a 1-star and email from Lyft or Uber risking deactivation.

HandOfGod

I bet.

It's hard to follow the rules when they're not even displayed somewhere easy to find. I only saw the UberMovement link after google searching UBER SF + drivers. This information should be included within the initiation packet/email and even the Uber agent I just talked to agreed after I gave him the blowdryer treatment. Well at least I got my citation reimbursed now...

Ignoranamous

Thoughts?

Why did you drop off at arrivals? I could see you being confused about a pickup since the pax has to go to departures...but I don't get why you did it.

HandOfGod

Passenger request (he wasn't flying out of the airport---just there to see his cousin).

Strange Fruit

He just said he wasn't told the rule. I found out from riders telling me. I've been doing pick ups there since before it was legal at all for Uber to 0perate there. And why aren't you hitting him for acting he got the ticket for being an Uber driver, when if he lied to say it was only a friendly ride, he'd still have to explain why he's dropping off in Arrivals. Let's be thorough with our random hatred.

Neoboi

Apparently some tnc drivers at the lot are very friendly. Rofl. Stopped there to pee (REALLY HAD TO PEE) after taking someone from Pleasanton to sfo on my way into the bay today.

Attachments

JustsaynotoPOOL

It's a TNC fine not a traffic or parking ticket. Transportation Network Companies agree their drivers will follow the rules no matter how ridiculous they are like no backing in at the SFO TNC lot. This allows the airport to have any employee document a violation of their rules and fine the TNC responsible. Uber & Lyft then take the money out of the drivers account. That's why both companies state you have to be logged in to the app the entire time you're on airport property. These violations never make it to the DMV.

Uberpoordriver

Thoughts?

Ask uber to pay for it you never know they just might pay for it

NASCAR1991

Thoughts?

Yes you can fight. She doesnt have evidence. Be firm on Your shit. You are just dropping off a friend. If you need to take it to court level do it. They never show up. Done it 3 times on dofferent tickets. Not sfo related. But basicAlly same process