SFO at 1.6

ResIpsaUber

I wish I could figure out how to get Select rides from there. Everytime I pick up a PAX on regular X and get back to the City and see the paltry payout (and usually no tip), I feel like I was a dupe. But, 1.6 would make me feel appreciated at least. I wonder if this is Uber digging into their own pockets (as opposed to the rider paying an enhanced surge fare)???

cho

....... But, 1.6 would make me feel appreciated at least. I wonder if this is Uber digging into their own pockets (as opposed to the rider paying an enhanced surge fare)???
Maybe open up the rider app and do a fare estimate to check?

Uberpoordriver

It shows in the customer app atleast I've checked when it's 1.3 but I've never seen anything higher then 1.3 I think 1.6 should be the normal rate at all time for airport because you are sitting for a while before you get a ping sooner or latter drivers will know they are waisting time sitting at the airport for an hour to make $16 to the city

Neoboi

I got two 1.6 outta sfo today one to Burlingame (meh) and one to Oakland (squee) I swear I saw it at either 1.8 or even 2 when I was on my way there from San Jose earlier. But I coulda been mistaken

Neoboi

I wish I could figure out how to get Select rides from there. Everytime I pick up a PAX on regular X and get back to the City and see the paltry payout (and usually no tip), I feel like I was a dupe. But, 1.6 would make me feel appreciated at least. I wonder if this is Uber digging into their own pockets (as opposed to the rider paying an enhanced surge fare)???
Riders are paying it.....also, I talked to one guy who drives select and he said sometimes he waits up to two or three hours at the tnc lot for a select, but will switch to his x only profile if he waits more than 2 hours....

I think select is kinda pointless for a rider perspective anyway.....if I wanted something better than x I would just go to black sedan or suv. *shrug*

manuella

image.jpeg
I got two 1.6 outta sfo today one to Burlingame (meh) and one to Oakland (squee) I swear I saw it at either 1.8 or even 2 when I was on my way there from San Jose earlier. But I coulda been mistaken
I was there at 10pm (place was cray) and no surge :frown: when did it start surging ?

That guy in the pic decided to drive to the terminals empty and while we were in slow traffic hell I could see his map all red. was that the terminals red or sf ? I couldn't tell from his phone

Neoboi

View attachment 48354

I was there at 10pm (place was cray) and no surge :frown: when did it start surging ?

That guy in the pic decided to drive to the terminals empty and while we were in slow traffic hell I could see his map all red. was that the terminals red or sf ? I couldn't tell from his phone
It was at the terminals. My Oakland was at like 945' and the other one was like 0915

ShockSmoove

i saw the surge too this weekend, i thought its not possible to see surge at airports?
It's a new day. Uber has rebranded with a new logo..

Only time a rebrand happens is if they want to change their reputation... See Comcast. Used to be lowbrow. Rebranded as Xfinity now. And with hard work and change, they still ganking everybody's money. But now they are a little less lowbrow.

Uber rebranded..so..im sure it was to save face.