SF surge map

uber strike

yes. and not only that but their fares double that of LA even without surge.
you must not be aware of the strike. sf drivers did a major strike causing traffic and threatened to shut down the super bowl. if you want i can post the videos.

thezeus88

yes. and not only that but their fares double that of LA even without surge.
you must not be aware of the strike. sf drivers did a major strike causing traffic and threatened to shut down the super bowl. if you want i can post the videos.
Really??? Can you post the videos, please? Should organize something like that down here

uber strike

Really??? Can you post the videos, please? Should organize something like that down here
La is not what it used to be. the people have changed. we used to be the city that takes sh** from no one. but too many drivers would rather drive base fares than take a weekend off to strike. but sf had the guts to do it and they are now benefitting everyday.
i think we can still pull off a strike by not accepting uber pool. uber pool is a pay cut in both time and distance. that is not right.
La will never win a full out strike because of the caliber of drivers we have but come on guys, you guys can atleast do a partial strike. stop accepting uber pool. show uber the power of UP.

bimmy5678

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I watched the videos. Are you saying that these strikes in Feb led to a doubling of the fare in SF? Why isn't this all over these forums?? A successful Uber strike.

uber strike

I watched the videos. Are you saying that these strikes in Feb led to a doubling of the fare in SF? Why isn't this all over these forums?? A successful Uber strike.
yes. check out sf uber x rates

base fare $2.00
per minute $0.22
per mile $1.15
minimum fare $6.55

btw, we have a ZERO base fare. they got $2.00.
this is not on the forums because i believe that sf drivers kept it under wraps. they got what they wanted and they canceled the sb strike. La/Oc drivers got nothing out of it. it's up to each market to fight for themselves but idk why La drivers are not willing to fight. i really don't get it either. we have the power. we have the cars. uber has zero cars. uber is just an app. there is no uber without us drivers and here we are driving for 85 cents a mile. smh.

SandyD

yes. check out sf uber x rates

base fare $2.00
per minute $0.22
per mile $1.15
minimum fare $6.55

btw, we have a ZERO base fare. they got $2.00.
this is not on the forums because i believe that sf drivers kept it under wraps. they got what they wanted and they canceled the sb strike. La/Oc drivers got nothing out of it. it's up to each market to fight for themselves but idk why La drivers are not willing to fight. i really don't get it either. we have the power. we have the cars. uber has zero cars. uber is just an app. there is no uber without us drivers and here we are driving for 85 cents a mile. smh.
Wow it's true, I just dropped the pin and looked for myself. And XL is $3/base, $2/mile, $.30/min. And the booking free is only $1.55.

second2noone

the wus Trashvis couldn't handle it with too much pressure up near HQ. I talked to someone who lives across the st from FUBER HQ and she said they are always picketing in front.

uber strike

imagine the type of havoc we can also create at Lax. they did it with about 100 drivers willing to protest and be heard.
imagine the pressure coming from the airports. airports do not want blockades. 100 uber drivers can cause so much traffic at lax even by following and obeying laws. we can drive very slow.
there is no way we can continue letting uber cut driver pay while the rest of major cities in the nation are enjoying fair pay and fair treatment. La/Oc are the only major cities without a base fare. this is unacceptable. once incentives are gone i believe we can use the power of UP to round up drivers and get our voices heard once and for all.

uber strike

Go for it guys, LA is a huge market for Ube.
yes huge market. but also a city of many poor folk. these uber drivers are counting on their 85 cents. they cannot afford to take a day off. this is telling of the type of life changing money that is made.

Nice

imagine the type of havoc we can also create at Lax. they did it with about 100 drivers willing to protest and be heard.
imagine the pressure coming from the airports. airports do not want blockades. 100 uber drivers can cause so much traffic at lax even by following and obeying laws. we can drive very slow.
there is no way we can continue letting uber cut driver pay while the rest of major cities in the nation are enjoying fair pay and fair treatment. La/Oc are the only major cities without a base fare. this is unacceptable. once incentives are gone i believe we can use the power of UP to round up drivers and get our voices heard once and for all.
I been saying this for a year. Screw the airport up and they will have to negotiate with drivers for a bigger cut of the pie. Passengers are hooked on iber like crack now. We controll supply and demand.

OC Lady Uber Driver

When they couldn't take the day off, organized workers back in the day would sign and mail a form letter of grievances and demands. What do you think would happen to ZUber, a technology company, that suddenly got 10,000+ pieces of mail delivered from the USPS to deal with?