SF is played out

Dave Z13

Okay I realize I'm a noob (300+ rides) but it seems to me SF is done: too many (out of town) drivers and no surges other than 3 nanosecond 1.5x, other than west of downtown. Without numbers to pickup or other guarantees it's not worth it.

Thoughts?

pandaman

Higher risk of accident, traffic ticket and traffic jam. These days, if my drop off is near the bridge. I just turn around and leave.

Euius

a) Surge is caused by an insufficient number of drivers.
b) There is no surge, indicative of there being "enough" or too many drivers

Thus; Drivers should quit.

Sounds like you're volunteering

ddelro219

you can thank me for not adding to your trouble. if i'm ever in SF, it's to drop off a pax from south/east bay or peninsula only. I log off right after i drop off, leave town and then log back in when i'm about 10 miles out of city limits. you can have SF, i want none of it.

Uberpoordriver

It's been played out 6 months ago it will only go down from here because that's the pattern I've seen over the years it continues to get cheaper for pax eventually ther will be driverless cars and be 56 penny a mile and so called winter slump is around the corner rates will go down again as it does every year
its no longer lucrative but some driver are happy to even have a job to bad company's are taking advantage of the poor people

Uberdancer

Higher risk of accident, traffic ticket and traffic jam. These days, if my drop off is near the bridge. I just turn around and leave.
Yeah...make like a branch and leave ... Please...

Yeah, I tested SF out over the pass couple of days, its rough driving,, going to soldier on and see if it works out but highly unlikely.
Oh good ... Another one bites the dust
... Great!!!! Best kind of driver ...

I heard Gilroy is popin!
.... Modesto ain't so modest either ...

SF is dead. High risk, little reward
That's right ... SF rips off out of towners ...

It's been played out 6 months ago it will only go down from here because that's the pattern I've seen over the years...
That's right ... Get outta town while you still have some country left in you ...

A couple down ... 36,479 to go ...

Uberpoordriver

I
Yeah...make like a branch and leave ... Please...

Oh good ... Another one bites the dust
... Great!!!! Best kind of driver ...

.... Modesto ain't so modest either ...

That's right ... SF rips off out of towners ...

That's right ... Get outta town while you still have some country left in you ...

A couple down ... 36,479 to go ...
its okay one down but but hundred new drivers coming on you will never have it to your self lmao

Dave Z13

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
a) Surge is caused by an insufficient number of drivers.
b) There is no surge, indicative of there being "enough" or too many drivers

Thus; Drivers should quit.

Sounds like you're volunteering
u first.

dnlbaboof

you can thank me for not adding to your trouble. if i'm ever in SF, it's to drop off a pax from south/east bay or peninsula only. I log off right after i drop off, leave town and then log back in when i'm about 10 miles out of city limits. you can have SF, i want none of it.
yes the guarentees are a pain, something always goes wrong, the amount of no stopping zones, bus stops is ridiculous, and the pax have no shame, they never offer to be picked or dropped off at an intersection.

the rate per mile is higher but being in traffic for 30 minutes more than makes up for the lower rate. one day incentives will go away, thats the only reason people drive in the city

1995flyingspur

It's been played out 6 months ago it will only go down from here because that's the pattern I've seen over the years it continues to get cheaper for pax eventually ther will be driverless cars and be 56 penny a mile and so called winter slump is around the corner rates will go down again as it does every year
its no longer lucrative but some driver are happy to even have a job to bad company's are taking advantage of the poor people
The whole driverless car thing will not work...it will prove to be too expensive. We might see some of these in urban areas but that's about it. Uber lost 1.2 BILLION during the first half of this year! Just think about it, they can't lose money forever...also Lyft loses 50 million/month. This business model doesn't work and someday soon this taxi bubble will burst.

mikeslemonade

lol at the trolls who agree to make the person want to quit.

It's not dead if you adjust your schedule and strategy. If you commute then I agree, either move here or find a different job. And lately since uber adheres to stupid peak hours, it has really made it harder to drive in the city. Driving during peak hours means every few blocks there's a car double parked and every other stop sign there will be an annoying car that gets to the stop sign at the same time.

dnlbaboof

You keep repeating that as if its some magic mantra.

One billion of that was in China. An expense that will not be repeated. In fact, China is now an income as Uber owns 20% of Didi.
in the report it said the greatest loss wasnt china, it was driver subsidies.........they have to go back to the 1.50 per mile and end incentives sooner or later