SF FiDi/SOMA are loaded with cops right now

Drive safe everyone during another round of Quota week and watch out for those disco lights.

Genini-Contractor

It's probably because of the threats from ISIS about targeting SF http://abc7news.com/news/new-isis-video-names-targets-in-san-francisco/1404458/ :frown:
My bbf doesn't want me to drive to and/or from SFO now because of the Istanbul airport bombing.

The Istanbul Airport got attacked by suicide bombers and left a trail of death, injuries, and a mess at the airport. The footage of the GGB, Pine St, and Powell St. shows me that ISIS could plant a suicide bomber on a cable car or in a moving vehicle traveling across the GGB. They would need a lot of suicide bombers to create havoc using different vehicles. I think that SFO needs a lot more security because you don't need ID to get inside the buildings and the International section is mostly made of glass and steel. CAL Train and BART needs a lot more patrol officers too. I would think there are cameras everywhere hiding on the GGB because of the threats in the past besides the people that want to jump off the bridge.

NASCAR1991

So i recently moved in with sfpd cop as a roomate.
I asked him his view about uber and if they try to catch them doing anything wrong.
He said most cops dont give two shits about purposely catch them. And two cops not even completely awere of what ubet drivers need to have exactly to operate..just basics

SFDriverJack

The only place I get the feeling purposefully targets Uber/Lyft drivers is SFO
Yes, that's true, the SFO airport you mean. They don't like you making U-turns near the staging area and I've seen multiple Uber/Lyft cars getting ticketed there. Otherwise, in SF itself, the cops are super lenient because you are an Uber.

I have very large Uber stickers on my doors (they're actually magnetic), but with the illegal maneuvers I constantly keep on doing in SF (sometimes accidentally right in front of cops), I should have gotten issued hundreds of moving violations by now.

The one exception is on Powell near Union Square. I turned left on Powell with a no left turn (except for commercial vehicles and deliveries on that street), and the police officer gave me a no left turn citation (which I intend to fight in court). He said that Uber Black cars are considered commercial vehicles because they have TCP license numbers on their bumpers and that would have been ok if I had been a UberBlack (but I was an UberX). And he also said that the left turn would have been ok if I was picking up someone on Powell itself (which I wasn't, the pick up location I was going for was actually one block away from Powell).

In any case, I really doubt that a full jury of my peers will agree unanimously with his assessment. And I won't let the judge bully me into taking a plea.

Last edited:

InvisibleUberMan

1. Thanks for the information that left turn onto Power is alright if we have a pickup/ drop off in that block. I have been avoiding going into that particular block even when I had pickups there.
2. You do not get a jury trial if you fight the ticket. The same bullying judge will preside over your trial too. Your only hope is that the ticketing officer does not show up!! If he shows up you are sc****d!! The whole system is set up to get our money out of our wallet and support their operations!!

RedoBeach

My bbf doesn't want me to drive to and/or from SFO now because of the Istanbul airport bombing.

The Istanbul Airport got attacked by suicide bombers and left a trail of death, injuries, and a mess at the airport. The footage of the GGB, Pine St, and Powell St. shows me that ISIS could plant a suicide bomber on a cable car or in a moving vehicle traveling across the GGB. They would need a lot of suicide bombers to create havoc using different vehicles. I think that SFO needs a lot more security because you don't need ID to get inside the buildings and the International section is mostly made of glass and steel. CAL Train and BART needs a lot more patrol officers too. I would think there are cameras everywhere hiding on the GGB because of the threats in the past besides the people that want to jump off the bridge.
These are false flags to create fear.. Of course you need to be alert and protect your best interests no matter what.. Be conscious of your surroundings, strange people, strange vehicles, strange behavior, etc... But you don't need to be afraid of unverified threats spouted by the media.

RedoBeach

SFDriverJack Just curious since you seem to be knowledgeable.. Have you ever used your due process rights to have a ticket dismissed without appearance on grounds of the court not providing you a valid complaint and sworn affidavit, pleadings, etc? Just curious if you had any success. Feel free to PM me if you wish.