SF Business license fee

jayzhou1338

Hi Guy,
Just a quick question, how much do you guys pay for the SF business license fee? For 2016 and 2017, it is almost 500.

August 1 is the deadline, what do you guys plan to do? Pay up? Or not driving in the city?

Thank you guys.

soupergloo

I paid over $500 including penalties that are now being refunded. they won't be issuing refunds until 30 days after the deadline (aug. 30)

NASCAR1991

my karma has been no good lately .. I think I've kicked too many pax out and God is punishing me for it now

when did you pay your business license?
Lmao..who are you listening to. He says he does rides to la and back every say. But in one of his posts he said he does 5 to 10 rides in 90 min. Pshh

Uberdancer

...when did you pay your business license?
... Around the end of April ... Cashed the check a few days later ... Asked for bills with the portrait of that alcoholic U.S. Civil War general who became president later on ...

Last edited:

soupergloo

... Around the end of April ... Cashed the check a few days later ... Asked for bills with the portrait of that alcoholic U.S. Civil War general who became president later on ...
the lady from the city told me they're sending out refunds based on when you paid .. I didn't pay mine until the week of the (first) deadline in May

ResIpsaUber

So 250 per year included the penalty?
BTW, there should be no penalty:

http://sftreasurer.org/article/trea...ers-transportation-network-companies-register

Monday, June 06, 2016

Drivers have until August 31, 2016 to register without penalty. Drivers who already paid penalties and interest will receive a refund.

In April 2016, the Office of the Treasurer and Tax Collector mailed 37,000 notices to people identified as drivers for Transportation Network Companies (TNC) in San Francisco, and required action within 30 days. The Office is extending the deadline for drivers to respond until August 31st, 2016 and will not impose penalties or interest for drivers who register before that date. Drivers who already registered and paid penalties and interest will receive a refund within 30 days.

“It is my duty to fairly implement the business tax regulations in San Francisco,” said Treasurer Cisneros. “The ongoing litigation regarding the employment status of TNC drivers has resulted in significant confusion about business registration requirements in San Francisco. In consultation with the City Attorney, given this lack of clarity, we are allowing drivers to register without penalty for prior periods if they take action before August 31st, 2016.”

San Francisco law generally requires anyone using the City streets for business purposes for 7 days or more (other than as an employee) to obtain, and clearly display a Business Registration Certificate. Since April 15th, over 8,000 drivers responded to enforcement letters either by registering as a business, or declaring that they were not subject to San Francisco business registration requirements.

Fiat_blu

As I said in a previous post- if you go to SF city hall, tax & registration, you will pay $91 for 2016 and $91 for 2017. It's that simple.

Hi, if i dont pick up passengers at SF, I assume I won't have to get the business license? I normally don't drive there anyway. Although they require drivers to display business registration.

Yomann

SFO is located outside SF City & County limits.
Anyone have definitive information, if a SF business license is required to pick up/ drop off at SFO?

Fiat_blu

Contacted the city because I had paid the business registration (you see that in the following) but hadn't received the certificate yet, here's the response I received today-

Any entity conducting business in San Francisco must submit a business tax registration application within 15 days of starting business. Failure to do so will result in penalties and administrative fees. On your business registration application, you stated business started on, 11/01/2015 and you signed the application on, 05/27/2016. This is over the 15 days period. Here are the breakdown of what’s due:

$ 91.00 2016 business registration

$ 55.00 admin fee

$100.00 penalty

$ 7.20 interest

$ 91.00-payment

$162.20 total

$ 91.00 2017 business registration

$ 0.00 admin fee was not assessed

$100.00 penalty

$ 1.80 interest

$ 91.00-payment

$101.80 total

$162.20 2016rg

$101.80 2017rg

$264.00 Combine total due. Penalty and interest accrue on a monthly basis.

Pay online: https://etaxstatement.sfgov.org/onlinepayment/
By mail: P. O. Box 7027, San Francisco, Ca 94120-7027.
To avoid delays in processing your payment, please include your BAN on your check.

Sincerely,

Angel Chang
Sr. Collection Officer

Yet I have a letter from the city tax collector stating the deadline to register is extended to Aug 31. Besides the poor grammar in this letter from Angel Chang, I am beyond frustrated and confused what to do now. Some of you are being refunded your penalties, late fees. This above response shows I still owe them, even though I went into city hall, paid $91 for 2016, $91 for 2017 and right in front of me the clerk crossed out the fees, penalties on my paperwork! Incompetent.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ignoranamous

Lmao..who are you listening to. He says he does rides to la and back every say. But in one of his posts he said he does 5 to 10 rides in 90 min. Pshh
I'm pretty sure he's not real. I think he's a program. His responses are always nonsensical and consist of some sort of amalgamation of previous posts. He's a bot.