• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Seymour's Situation

Discdom

Lol. Ok. Please stop. You’re embarrassing yourself now
I don’t drive the holidays I enjoy them with family Compared to u I suck. I should just quit driving and work at McDonald’s for a second job. Remember I have a reg job too. Also every dollar I make is extra. No car payment. Very low mortgage. Do you own a house.

Misunderstood Pirate

I don’t drive the holidays I enjoy them with family Compared to u I suck. I should just quit driving and work at McDonald’s for a second job. Remember I have a reg job too. Also every dollar I make is extra. No car payment. Very low mortgage. Do you own a house.
You live in Davis. Might as well be Sacramento. So your regular job pays so low that you need to drive 70 hrs a week. What’s the point of keeping a low paying job? As far as comparing to me. Yes u suck.

Discdom

You live in Davis. Might as well be Sacramento. So your regular job pays so low that you need to drive 70 hrs a week. What’s the point of keeping a low paying job? As far as comparing to me. Yes u suck.
Wrong Woodland d. Work gives me 401k. Healthcare. Pay is good but I want more. Do you like our meatballs?

nurburgringsf

I don’t have that kind of stamina to pull this off.
Astonishing effort honestly.

Now, you know we are no different than a cab essentially.

Go look at the cab rates and see how much you really didn’t make unfortunately.

We work about 70% harder than the cabbie and make about 70% less.

What we drive per mile , the cabbie gets in 1/5 the mile!

Anyway. Glad you were healthy enough to “get it” while you could.

Your time is worth more though.
Couldn't have said it good enough. All that dedication and effort should have been invested in cab driving instead since hes driving a lot either way. Woulda made much more.
Post automatically merged:

Not so fast there. I know a few engineers making six figures, one guy making 76k but still drive rideshare and do other gig work to make extra money. If you make six figures you are in a higher tax bracket and the cost of living in SF is extremely high.

Last edited:

Discdom

Couldn't have said it good enough. All that dedication and effort should have been invested in cab driving instead since hes driving a lot either way. Woulda made much more.
Please tell me your overhead costs as a cab. Medallion. % to cab owner. Cab is a job. Schedule. Taxes. I’ll drive cab if I get to make my own schedule. Cancel any ridee. Drive where I want when I want. Make 100k sign me up

1995flyingspur

Lol. U work ten times as much. Of course you will make more. Like I said. Uneducated driver. More work less money

I laugh at u guys all day long

Sell 100 hot dogs at $2 each. Or I can sell 40 for $5 each. You sold more but made the same

207 rides. Lol.

I would still Have 60 hot dogs left
Pirate's words are harsh at times but he's absolutely right. Anything less than $3.00/mile is downright wrong.

A normal human being cannot work 70 hours/week on the road hammering out call after call. He can do it for a while, but it's not a sustainable lifestyle because it's not a life at all.

I'm a Hack, & if I decided to work 70 hours, I'd have similar numbers but I wouldn't be taking nearly as many calls which means less stress on me, & my car.

Seriously guys, why be proud of working 70 hours? I don't get it. It's sad.

Discdom

That is the very good $40 the hour. What is the Bottle rock the two words? Is that in the Petaluma our neighbor he work there too rock four the coast guard.
3 day concert. Napa

Pirate's words are harsh at times but he's absolutely right. Anything less than $3.00/mile is downright wrong.

A normal human being cannot work 70 hours/week on the road hammering out call after call. He can do it for a while, but it's not a sustainable lifestyle because it's not a life at all.

I'm a Hack, & if I decided to work 70 hours, I'd have similar numbers but I wouldn't be taking nearly as many calls which means less stress on me, & my car.

You do notice I took a day off. My app is on 70 hours. I sometime drive home and back with it on and don’t take any short rides. I work more like 60

SRGuy

I know how to make money per ride too. Bottle rock
Did you do 29 trips in 19 hours 39 minutes at Bottlerock? That's only 1.5 trips/hour. The strategy for driving BR this year was very different from 2017 and 2018 when it peaked at 8x+. The ants invaded Napa and taking rides before 9pm didn't pay well do the stacked bonuses. Short rides were key since sticky surge was capped below $12 and pax were maxed at approximately x on uber. Lyft was charging 4x+ and had zero power zones so drivers that had both apps avoided Lyft.

That is the very good $40 the hour. What is the Bottle rock the two words? Is that in the Petaluma our neighbor he work there too rock four the coast guard.
Thank your neighbor for his service at Two Rock.

Was curious to know what all you drivers have been earning so I put it to the test.

$36/hr. Not bad. Last year at this time I was earning $38/hr.

Only part-time this year but the numbers are close and comparable to last year. X and Pool only.

View attachment 379135
69 trips in ~25 hours is a ton of trips and only $900? Why do you take so many trips when the bonuses are so dismal? The points aren't good for much unless you want to try and get denied in your quest for a snack at Subway.

Last edited:

Discdom

Did you do 29 trips in 19 hours 39 minutes at Bottlerock? That's only 1.5 trips/hour. The strategy for driving BR this year was very different from 2017 and 2018 when it peaked at 8x+. The ants invaded Napa and taking rides before 9pm didn't pay well do the stacked bonuses. Short rides were key since sticky surge was capped below $12 and pax were maxed at approximately x on uber. Lyft was charging 4x+ and had zero power zones so drivers that had both apps avoided Lyft.

Thank your neighbor for his service at Two Rock.

69 trips in ~25 hours is a ton of trips and only $900? Why do you take so many trips when the bonuses are so dismal? The points aren't good for much unless you want to try and get denied in your quest for a snack at Subway.
29 trips. Not 69.

29 trips. Not 69.
With new surge short rides are good. Long ones are just money for Uber. I did two long rides. One to SF one to Vacaville with DF on to home.

Misunderstood Pirate

Please tell me your overhead costs as a cab. Medallion. % to cab owner. Cab is a job. Schedule. Taxes. I’ll drive cab if I get to make my own schedule. Cancel any ridee. Drive where I want when I want. Make 100k sign me up
I make my own schedule. I actually can cancel any ride without any repercussions. You cannot. Cancel the wrong person and u are gone.

BeansnRice

Sure its BS to HAVE to work 70 hours.

If that’s what it takes.....

If cab companies were smart, which they are not, they would be making major moves right now to fix this mess.

They are still is slumberland.

Everything in play and they lay neutered and dormant.

seymour

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cuz 69 is my lucky number :wink:

Only $900? C'mon - working during the day means there are no events in the cards so the best thing to do is to keep the wheels moving. I worked a few hrs here and a few hrs there and went all out for 8hrs on Sunday. Easy money!

That was oracle world week. Nice try. $2 hot dog
Wrong again - that was not Oracle week. Was the week after lol

Worked 6 days 70 hours online. Took thurs off. About sane per hour as you.

View attachment 379141
Easy Peasy day at $35/hr - on track for the $50 Quest so I can add $17/day and also had a $5 cash tip today(rare that that happens).

No bridge or tunnel traffic today so was a breeze to get home.

Nov192019.jpg

Last edited: