Severely slow lately

Andrew Philip

It used to be I get requests consistently, so I ask this to all my fellow drivers out there. Has it been unusually slow? I’m sure this is all of California and not just San Diego...it has gotten severely slow. Requests seem to only be one per hour, at least it was for me today. Now I been driving for three years , but past January’s have not been this slow. So I wonder , why is this? Is this the new norm for us now? CUZ IT IS NOT WORTH THE GAS AND TIME.... if I am only making 7-10 bucks an hour when it used to be double that or more. Maybe it’s the whole ab5 bill and upfront pricing that is making passengers steer away from Uber now.

Otaria

It used to be I get requests consistently, so I ask this to all my fellow drivers out there. Has it been unusually slow? I’m sure this is all of California and not just San Diego...it has gotten severely slow. Requests seem to only be one per hour, at least it was for me today. Now I been driving for three years , but past January’s have not been this slow. So I wonder , why is this? Is this the new norm for us now? CUZ IT IS NOT WORTH THE GAS AND TIME.... if I am only making 7-10 bucks an hour when it used to be double that or more. Maybe it’s the whole ab5 bill and upfront pricing that is making passengers steer away from Uber now.
Lyft 50% discount promotion is part of problem , but definitely there is something going on

DirtyRead

It’s been slow but I’ve managed to generate the same income. Use the tools we have now: no acceptance rate to worry about, the price estimate ( bank on it being on the lower end of estimate) and the five star preferred driver feature. I’m not 100% about if the last one is up and functional or not. I did have one rider say it is and I picked him up twice in a row so maybe. Lastly keep the money in the car. I’ve extended a handful of rides lately. Offering tourist a little tour, suggesting other destinations they may enjoy better(doesn’t mean they are further away but they all have tipped better) Keep the Money in the Car of course Friday and Saturday nights are a little different. Like anything else be an expert in your field and create opportunities to succeed

PoorAssUberDriver

It’s been slow but I’ve managed to generate the same income. Use the tools we have now: no acceptance rate to worry about, the price estimate ( bank on it being on the lower end of estimate) and the five star preferred driver feature. I’m not 100% about if the last one is up and functional or not. I did have one rider say it is and I picked him up twice in a row so maybe. Lastly keep the money in the car. I’ve extended a handful of rides lately. Offering tourist a little tour, suggesting other destinations they may enjoy better(doesn’t mean they are further away but they all have tipped better) Keep the Money in the Car of course Friday and Saturday nights are a little different. Like anything else be an expert in your field and create opportunities to succeed
I’m not familiar with the five star preferred driver?

San Diego X

My app has been glitchy. It says I'm online, but I'm not on the pax app. I restart the driver app and the boom, suddenly appear in the pax app.

I had one ride today in about 90 minutes, in PB. Gave up.

PoorAssUberDriver

If a pax 5 stars you they can also select you as a preferred driver. They havent given specifics but I assume if you are online and close to the pax you will get the ping over closer drivers.
Oh! Gotcha! So, my understanding is when they implement that it will only be for scheduled rides to the give the driver a chance to take it. Also when it’s rolling we are going to see how many people have preferred us in our profile.

jawjaw

My app has been glitchy. It says I'm online, but I'm not on the pax app. I restart the driver app and the boom, suddenly appear in the pax app.

I had one ride today in about 90 minutes, in PB. Gave up.
I don’t get what’s going on with Uber. I’m also not getting any requests. Zero uber today in almost 4 hours. Luckily, I’ve had 8 lyft rides for $75 so far. Uber has been terrible for the last couple months for me. Is it the app? Or is there just too many drivers and they are not giving me any rides?

Transportador

It's slow but not dead for me on Uber. I'm still averaging $100 a night Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri, and $200 a day Sat and Sun.

Pings are not quick but enough. And I ignore half of them which are below $10. I drive Sorrento Valley to the border.

San Diego X

I don’t get what’s going on with Uber. I’m also not getting any requests. Zero uber today in almost 4 hours. Luckily, I’ve had 8 lyft rides for $75 so far. Uber has been terrible for the last couple months for me. Is it the app? Or is there just too many drivers and they are not giving me any rides?
I'm re-signing up for Lyft after today. Uber used to be so busy that I decided to drop Lyft and focus on one platform.