Set destination QLD

UberSyd

I think the going home destination is about to be launched in QLD. I was logging off this morning and it popped up and asked me if im going home and want to add destination. I tapped in it but the app froze and then after i closed and opened the app again it didn't ask any longer

Anyone else had this feature pop up?

NickyBoy

It did that to me last week - popped up then froze...

A few weeks back the destination filter was on the top left of the app for a week then the next update canned it...

Morons... There are many times I travel 30 mins into a regional centre & would put this on if it was available...

QLDUberDriver

Uber is mostly interested in making sure the car icons work when they change them to a pineapple or spider for special events. Function errors are prob crowd sourced like they are doing with their security

UberSyd

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Will be interesting to see how well it works. Not so good from what i have read in sydney thread about this

UberSyd

It did that to me last week - popped up then froze...

A few weeks back the destination filter was on the top left of the app for a week then the next update canned it...

Morons... There are many times I travel 30 mins into a regional centre & would put this on if it was available...
So it never worked that week at all? Did it even get to the point where it says add address like mine today

Avago

Will be interesting to see how well it works. Not so good from what i have read in sydney thread about this
Sydney here...
This feature is gold, get me rides in the way to my day gig and back.
It doesn't necessarily take you directly home, but riders heading in that general direction.
5 star for this feature...
2 star for riders >15 min away....

UberSyd

Sydney here...
It doesn't necessarily take you directly home, but riders heading in that general direction.
I read a lot of other information on the thread. But that's great if you say it works good. Do you think the >15 minutes away causes bad rating

NickyBoy

So it never worked that week at all? Did it even get to the point where it says add address like mine today
For me no, I didn't uber for a few weeks & then one night it was surging so decided to go out... I saw the destination filter & put it on - then went online BUT ALAS.... I couldn't go online until I updated & of course the update removed it :frown:

Instyle

Sydney here...
Thats the thing, if cars have the filter set for a general direction and the majority happen to be the same direction then drivers will experience long distance pings.

NZShaker

I have it pop up twice now...but when I go set destination it goes to "No Tasks" and I carnt do anything, Would of been good last night when I got stuck out Samford way hoping to get a ride towards home but had to end up turning off the App

UberSyd

I have it pop up twice now...but when I go set destination it goes to "No Tasks" and I carnt do anything, Would of been good last night when I got stuck out Samford way hoping to get a ride towards home but had to end up turning off the App
Yeah hopefully they enable it soon