• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Set Destination - Manly to Nth Syd (Balmain ride)

MGS

Set to Nth Sydney from Manly, but Uber decided that Balmain was Nth Syd. It then kicked me off Set Dest, claiming High Demand, but then no jobs. Not the first time it's done that. Thoughts?

soontobeautomated

If I REALLY wanted to be in North Sydney at a set time, I would have booted the pax out once the destination was displayed. Afterall, they are supposed to be "sharing" a ride.

If I just wanted to get the F out of Manly and was happy to keep driving for a while, no issue.

MGS

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If I REALLY wanted to be in North Sydney at a set time, I would have booted the pax out once the destination was displayed. Afterall, they are supposed to be "sharing" a ride.

If I just wanted to get the F out of Manly and was happy to keep driving for a while, no issue.
Another Uber stooge lol

M3uber

Set Dest without setting arrival time is random AF. Use the arrival time function but then you’ll get no jobs.

MGS

I set destination yesterday from pyrmont to bonnyrigg. @@@@@ took me to lane cove!
Yep, that's it, they think taking you to Lane Cove progresses you closer to Bonnyrigg. They're frking dumb @@@@s!!!

M3uber

Got one last night thats a shocker (no arrival time set):
SD to Royal North Shore Hospital St Leonards from West Pennant Hills.
Get a ping WPH to Collaroy.
WPH is 23 km from RNSH, Collaroy is 24km.

So the theory of giving you an SD ping to bring you closer to your destination even if it overshoots is not correct.
*always set arrival time to avoid these shockers

JOKER6

Today at Bondi Junction, SD to Atarmon and got the following jobs-
Wollstonecraft to Milsons Point
Milsons Point to York St City
Market st City to Lilyfield
Lilyfield to Canada Bay.
Each time it said “job towards your destination”
WTF?

li_k

Waiting at Rozelle, SD to Miranda last night, but have a pin to Parramatta. SD is so random now lol.

Tonedef

I set SD everyday.
Cronulla to Palm Beach.
Last one was to Panania.
Due west.
Previously to Picnic Point.
Both 30 mins due west not North.

MGS

Has anyone ever asked how this behaves in other countries?

Bobalski

I’ve had a few jobs whilst using SD trips in Uber, but have NEVER got a ping while using it on Ola.

Has anybody had a Ola SD ride??