Set Destination - Does it work???

gigANTor

Hi Ants
I drive in Central Coast area and occasionally get a fare to Sydney. When heading back I use the 'set destination' to Central Coast and drive up the Pacific H'way from North Sydney. I also have used this option when heading home after a shift in Central Coast especially when I'm on the opposite side of the coast to where I live.

I have never received a ping whilst using the 'set destination'. Has anybody had any success with it?

Thank you

MyRedUber

I use it quite often in Sydney. Mostly driving home, but occasionally when driving to/from somewhere else. Works well for me. I live in the Hills area and I often get fares going home. A few days ago I got five fares between the city and home, all short distance. Occasionally I'll get a longer fare. I usually only use it when I don't have to be somewhere by a certain time, because pickups usually take longer than predicted.
Never had a fare that took me away from my destination. Even when one passenger had not entered a destination, it was towards where I was headed.
But I don't imagine you'll get any fares going from Sydney back to the Central Coast.

Phatboy

It works...... sometimes! It depends on the time of day and the direction. I often set it up when I get a ride a long way out of the core area. Last week, for example, I went out to Condell Park near Bankstown. I set it up to take me to Darlinghurst, and finally picked up a fare from Strathfield North to Woolloomooloo.

This may not work for the central coast, but one tip when you use it to take you home would be to set it up for a suburb or two past where you live, to give you the maximum chance of picking up a ride close to, if not actually home.

UberMumma

Hi Ants
I drive in Central Coast area and occasionally get a fare to Sydney. When heading back I use the 'set destination' to Central Coast and drive up the Pacific H'way from North Sydney. I also have used this option when heading home after a shift in Central Coast especially when I'm on the opposite side of the coast to where I live. Never worked for me from coast to Sydney .Also your better to log out and log back in when you hit end of freeway .I have had more success getting rides into city as desti filter has time option but not on Coast

I have never received a ping whilst using the 'set destination'. Has anybody had any success with it?

Thank you
Hi
I commute to Sydney .
I do approx 5pm to 2am.
Use desti and closest Ive got back is to Asquith or 3 jobs from City to Pymble
Works better on the busier nights.
I have done a couple of early mornings leave in the arvo and got none as I think plenty of public transport during day

Also never works for me on the coast to head to Sydney
When you reach end of freeway i have found you need to log off and sign back in as I've had more success using desti to reach core area's as it gives time option ,where coast desti doesn't if that helps.

JCS26

It still works but I guess they have changed it, before you are like prioritized so really can get pax but now same with ussuall ping where you should be close to the pax

weekendnightdriver

SD is a filter, which means it sieves out trips off your direction. If there are not many trips to your destination it is worse than nothing.

Caveat. Because SD ants do not show on Pax app, you can't see how many ants on SD there are.

As a rule of thumb, if you don't get a ping, remove SD in 5 minutes unless you really need to get there.

Bolthead

Yep.... used it last night from Redfern to Heathcote. I always set it past my home suburb as I am happy to drive back. Got 3 small jobs and didn't bother with the forth ping as I was close to home. There are no guarantees as it does depend on the time and day.