Service animals

Nolagal71

Personally I do not like animals in my car. I am compassionate about service animals but I would rather have a drunk human in my car than shedding dog. I dropped off a lady and her service dog on St Charles and now I have to go vacuum out my vehicle because the dog was wagging it's tail and shed hair all over the floor. This is taking time away from me working to have to clean up after this animal. I'm not the only one who feels this way, I'm sure.

NOLA-Uber

I haven't had to do it yet...hope it never happens either. I got a ping last week to the Embassy Suites downtown and saw a woman waiting by the door with a service dog...a big one! I was so glad it wasn't my rider.

AgentX

I've only had one dog in my car since I bought it, and the only reason is because he pre called and asked if his dog could come. My own dog hasn't even seen the inside of my car.

bryan793

I have no problem with service animals at all. I don't mind stopping to clean up my car a bit if I have to. I just imaging all the inconveniences someone who needs a service animal has to deal with. If I can play any small part in helping someone get around, it makes me happy. I had a guy with a broken leg get into my car. I got out opened the gate to his house for him, opened the car door, put is crutches in the trunk for him. When I dropped him off I opened his door, gave him his crutches, and helped him to the door to the rehab facility. I would have done all that even if it was pouring raining! sometimes everyone needs a good guy/gal!

Nolagal71

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, and business don't like spending extra money to install ramps and handicap stalls in their restrooms, but they do it becaus it's illegal not to.

Walk a mile in the blind man's shoes and then get back to me about how awful it is to vacuum your car.
That's a business. This is my personal vehicle. There are ride services for people with disabilities and they can use those services. I don't want my car smelling like an animal and dirty from the dog hair.

Actually your wrong, you can't deny services even if your allergic, I own a service dog, and know all the laws, and you can be sued under the american disabilities act. .................................................................................
81Kbv3h4tGL._SL1200_.jpg

Beside if you had to vacuum your car out for one hour, your only missing out on three dollars at the going rates of uber.. but hey, if i ever need a uber, i'll call you so you can charge me extra for cleaning your car, then i can sue uber... win, win right there.

Papa Sarducci

Actually your wrong, you can't deny services even if your allergic, I own a service dog, and know all the laws, and you can be sued under the american disabilities act. ................................................................................. View attachment 49425 ......
I see taxicabs, I don't see Independent Contractors who provide occasional transportation for a technology company that sells that service, anyone else see that?

Papa Sarducci

Hey Mods, can you please merge all of these 'service animal' posts into one or create a subforum just for them, the duplication is getting out of hand.

So your going to go discriminate against disabled people?? haha catch 22 there buddy....Are you a service provided to the general public? Yes..then you fall under the ADA..

Papa Sarducci

So your going to go discriminate against disabled people?? haha catch 22 there buddy....Are you a service provided to the general public? Yes..then you fall under the ADA..
Wrong, you left off a crucial piece, A service provided to the general public FOR A FEE. I do not charge a fee for my service, Uber does, I volunteer my vehicle for Uber's use and my time as a driver.

Papa Sarducci

As for the allergy issue, as a business owner I must adhere to ADA regulations and protect my employee (me) from exposure to the service animal that person is allergic to. ADA regulations protect me from exposure by requiring my employer (me) to take steps to keep me and the animal separated. By forcing me to take the animal into my car it is YOU who violated the ADA and YOU who will be fined/sued/prosecuted, not me.

Aren't you just a saint, volunteering your car and your time for free. Heck you can discriminate against anybody for that matter, so there is no point about arguing.

Maybe you should read the rules if you have a business...

• Allergies and fear of dogs are not valid reasons for denying access or refusing service to people using service animals. When a person who is allergic to dog dander and a person who uses a service animal must spend time in the same room or facility, for example, in a school classroom or at a homeless shelter, they both should be accommodated by assigning them, if possible, to different locations within the room or different rooms in the facility.

Nolagal71

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe you should read the rules if you have a business...

• Allergies and fear of dogs are not valid reasons for denying access or refusing service to people using service animals. When a person who is allergic to dog dander and a person who uses a service animal must spend time in the same room or facility, for example, in a school classroom or at a homeless shelter, they both should be accommodated by assigning them, if possible, to different locations within the room or different rooms in the facility.

Beside if you had to vacuum your car out for one hour, your only missing out on three dollars at the going rates of uber.. but hey, if i ever need a uber, i'll call you so you can charge me extra for cleaning your car, then i can sue uber... win, win right there.
First of all I don't drive uber. I drive my own car and people pay me. It's more than just vacuuming out filthy animal hair. The stench from the beast is still in my car. Aside from cleanliness issues, I fear for my life with an animal that close to me in a confined space. A dog tried to kill me and my mother when I was a child and we were trapped in a car for hours. Every time I see a dog I flip out. There is no way I'm going to accept one into my car.

Taxi Driver in Arizona

As for the allergy issue, as a business owner I must adhere to ADA regulations and protect my employee (me) from exposure to the service animal that person is allergic to. ADA regulations protect me from exposure by requiring my employer (me) to take steps to keep me and the animal separated. By forcing me to take the animal into my car it is YOU who violated the ADA and YOU who will be fined/sued/prosecuted, not me.
I can't tell if you're serious or not. Nobody is that dense, right?