• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Service animals

Misaelz28

I got a message from Uber asking me to agree to transport dogs n service animals, why did I get it?

I seem to recall that before initial activatation I took some weird test that indicated we are not suppose to refuse riders just because of service animals and how to handle riders that have a service animal along with them for the ride.

That being said, with all the negative press the Guber has received lately about not being "politically correct," I suspect the service animal message is just to ensure the folks know Guber is f**king politically correct. Geeesh!

Tedgey

A pax called me a few weeks ago while I was on my way to get him from that La Brea complex that should be called a complex because getting out of it is impossibly complex. And he said he had a service dog and asked if if was cool so I said no problem.

Believe this, this wasn't no service dog. It was a friendly dog to be sure but it wasn't any kind of service dog.

Also, it was a wet dog.

I don't really care but I felt pax had BSed me a little but probably felt he didn't have a choice either. I would've taken the dog either way and at least the guy called but nobody likes being lied to.

As pax, I think the best way to handle it is be honest with the driver and complain about every one that cancels. Not because you're trying to get them in any kind of hot water but because you can keep collecting $5 credits from them and eventually get your ride for free.

I just opened my app and seen that message as well.
I like this message. Very much

New Member 0001365427

Basically your life and your family don't matter lol
OK continue
2017-02-22-14-52-44.jpg

Uhh
yes or no
yes or no
Hmmmm
2017-02-22-14-55-12.jpg

Aw crap I'm in it now
2017-02-22-14-56-50.jpg

I guess I don't have to wash the stains off the back seat no more

uberist

I got a message from Uber asking me to agree to transport dogs n service animals, why did I get it?

Its against the law in california to falsely claim service dog status for your mut.
Penalties under Penal Code 365.7 PC

Service dog fraud is a misdemeanor in California law.10

The potential penalties include:

UberDaninLA

A pax called me a few weeks ago while I was on my way to get him from that La Brea complex that should be called a complex because getting out of it is impossibly complex. And he said he had a service dog and asked if if was cool so I said no problem.

Believe this, this wasn't no service dog. It was a friendly dog to be sure but it wasn't any kind of service dog.

Also, it was a wet dog.

I don't really care but I felt pax had BSed me a little but probably felt he didn't have a choice either. I would've taken the dog either way and at least the guy called but nobody likes being lied to.

As pax, I think the best way to handle it is be honest with the driver and complain about every one that cancels. Not because you're trying to get them in any kind of hot water but because you can keep collecting $5 credits from them and eventually get your ride for free.

I like this message. Very much
I got a lady with a chihuahua as a "service dog". That's BS. 1 starred her