1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Service Animals Forced Agreement

Discussion in 'Toronto' started by Bumpy Ride, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Bumpy Ride

Bumpy Ride Well-Known Member

How do we know if the animal is a service animal or just a pet? I dont want some ******* putting their 100 pound long hair coat collie on my back seat.

Ubersob and tohunt4me like this.
  2. Actionjax

Actionjax Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberLUX
    They must present the animal as a service animal.

3. citytypeofguy

citytypeofguy Well-Known Member

I’m allergic to cats and dogs. If they have service dog, can I still refuse? I can’t provide a safe ride if I’m allergic.

Could I politely decline and explain my situation and help request a new trip for them?
    In this case I don’t even want the cancel fee.

Agreed! But many animals are therapy animals and that’s not service pet. Is there identification they provide? Special collar?
    I’m not a pet expert but serverly allergic.

4. Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    It's an honour system. There's no ID.

5. Actionjax

Driving:
    UberLUX
    All I can say is good luck with that. If you get one you are by law required to take a service animal. Bring yourself a paper face masks if you are worried.

Centauro, Myxx, ryan137 and 2 others like this.

6. citytypeofguy

In over 3000 trips I’ve never encountered it. But that’s solid advice! I’ll get 3M mask and keep in glove compartment and pray I don’t have allergic reaction if it happens. I would speak with the person requesting at arrival and explain, it they are persistent I would take them and pray for the best lol but I think someone with a service animal would understand they don’t want to impede on the drivers health, that’s a safety issue overall

7. Actionjax

Driving:
    UberLUX
    I would hope that when they order it would be assist. If you are on assist your best bet is to remove yourself off that option.

citytypeofguy likes this.
  8. citytypeofguy

I am not on uberassist solely for that reason , but if the person requesting understands my condition I would kindly recommend them to order Uber assist.

Thanks for the mask advice I never thought to think of that but it is a good thing to have just in case.

Actionjax likes this.
  9. AJsh

AJsh Well-Known Member

With Lyft you have to take the pet no matter what cos you can’t ask for documentation. Atleast with Uber you have the option of asking to see the documentation. If they don’t have one, then that’s it.

10. citytypeofguy

Can you post the link providing that you must take it for lyft? I’m contractor I have a say who and what comes in my car

11. Actionjax

Driving:
    UberLUX
    I would say have both a mask and disposable rubber gloves. So when you wipe down the seats you don't aggravate the situation. It's not the dog itself most have an issue with. It's the dander that floats in the air and makes contact with the skin. Poodles are ok long as they don't lick you. They have hair and not fur. That's what I have been told.

My sister has a service animal and it always has it's vest on as it's more of a pain when security in a mall or in any place that serves food will question unless they see it. It's just common sense for her.

Santa and citytypeofguy like this.
  12. citytypeofguy

Awesome to know! I have the rubber gloves in my trunk incase I get the luck of a puker! Hahah I will buy a second pair and a 3M mask forsure.
    Thanks for the tips:cool:

Actionjax likes this.
  13. CDNcrippler1

CDNcrippler1 Well-Known Member

You didn’t read it? You CANNOT refuse bud

14. AJsh

AJsh Well-Known Member

Basically with Lyft if someone shows up with chihuahua and says that it’s a service animal you take it without questions and that’s it. Even if you are allergic.

Attached Files:

Duber12 likes this.
  15. Yam Digger

Yam Digger Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    So if I get a ping from The Jungle and some bro shows up with a snarling pit bull and says it’s a service animal, any suggestions?

Ubersob and Uber_5_star like this.
  16. fiver360

fiver360 Active Member

Just cancel as soon as you see the pet if you don't want to take it.

17. CDNcrippler1

Right! You don’t think that guy isn’t going to put a complaint in?o_O

Actionjax likes this.
  18. Deoxlar

Deoxlar Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    What if I see dog and just keep driving. There's no proof that I refused service animal then.

19. fiver360

fiver360 Active Member

If you drive right by what are they really going to be able to say? I've taken small dogs and even a kitten before, but I don't give a ****. If someone thinks they're hopping in my car with a german shepard they can **** right off for bus fare.

Ubersob, deagl344 and Thumper2x like this.
  20. CDNcrippler1

lol must be new. Too rare that pax is standing on curb homie
    uberfastuberfast Elite