Service Animal Question

UberMetalPunk

Ok. I understand that some clients may have a service amnimal and I'm cool with that. I would never turn down a person with a service amnimal either... just like last night. I picked up a nice blind pax with a service doggie.

The problem was dog hair everywhere in my backseat after the ride. I understand that it is inevitable when a pax has a service amnimal. But I took my car to the carwash and upon seeing the amount of hair in the daylight I knew it was going to be a problem. I paid for the best wash ($23) because I like keeping my shit looking good but also figured they would sweep the interior WELL. They got the majority of the shit but said that it would actually need an interior detailing...

My question; Does this qualify for an additional passenger charge after driving a pax with a service animal that is shedding hair? I feel bad for the pax having a disability but my backseat and floor (mostly floor, both sides and center hump) were covered in hair. I would email customer support but we know how that goes....and that's another issue entirely! Sick of cut and paste answers that don't even cover the question with them. It's like they don't even read the entire fvcking email you send them.

Anyway, I appreciate any upcoming answers.

Sincerely,
KnuckleFutz the Clown

UberSaur

Ok. I understand that some clients may have a service amnimal and I'm cool with that. I would never turn down a person with a service amnimal either... just like last night. I picked up a nice blind pax with a service doggie.

The problem was dog hair everywhere in my backseat after the ride. I understand that it is inevitable when a pax has a service amnimal. But I took my car to the carwash and upon seeing the amount of hair in the daylight I knew it was going to be a problem. I paid for the best wash ($23) because I like keeping my shit looking good but also figured they would sweep the interior WELL. They got the majority of the shit but said that it would actually need an interior detailing...

My question; Does this qualify for an additional passenger charge after driving a pax with a service animal that is shedding hair? I feel bad for the pax having a disability but my backseat and floor (mostly floor, both sides and center hump) were covered in hair. I would email customer support but we know how that goes....and that's another issue entirely! Sick of cut and paste answers that don't even cover the question with them. It's like they don't even read the entire fvcking email you send them.

Anyway, I appreciate any upcoming answers.

Sincerely,
KnuckleFutz the Clown
You should persist with Uber, Mang, this issue is preventing you from transporting additional pax, and you were inconvenienced through no fault of your own, trying to do the right thing. Blind or not, I think pax is responsible for the fur of his service animal.

UberMetalPunk

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Also, off topic... I've been looking for the different ride/METAL status levels on the forum. I saw them once but can't seem to find them at the moment. Can someone please message me a pic/chart/thing?

New2This

1. Did you take before & after pics? From what I've read those go a long way in making a case.

2. Did you take any additional trips afterwards? If so I think Apu usually declines cleaning fees.

3. Get the detailing estimate in writing & send to Apu.

4. After first (very cheerful telling you how valued a partner you are, but no) cut and paste response, write back 'escalate to supervisor' to get someone to actually read it.

I would guess that under Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Uber can't charge the blind guy the cleaning fee. They can still reimburse you for it. It's not like they don't have the money.

UberMetalPunk

1: No, I am only able to take an "after" cleaning pic.

2: Yes, because I need to make $ and it was late so the hair was more difficult to see until daylight. Didn't look as bad under interior car lights but only drove 2 more pax and mentioned it to them and they were cool with it because like I said, the amount of hair was difficult to see at night under back interior lighting.

3: Boobies and Jack Daniels

4: I'm going to do that to EVERY email I send them from now on just because they are paying people to A: not read thoroughly 2: they obviously copy and paste answers off of the application we could see anyway.

HERR_UBERMENSCH

1. Did you take before & after pics? From what I've read those go a long way in making a case.

2. Did you take any additional trips afterwards? If so I think Apu usually declines cleaning fees.

3. Get the detailing estimate in writing & send to Apu.

4. After first (very cheerful telling you how valued a partner you are, but no) cut and paste response, write back 'escalate to supervisor' to get someone to actually read it.

I would guess that under Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Uber can't charge the blind guy the cleaning fee. They can still reimburse you for it. It's not like they don't have the money.
It is part of the Uber Settlement with the National Federation for the Blind, related to the ADA, but not because of it. Uber created their policy as part of the settlement to accommodate the blind with service animals. By settling out of court they were able to avoid the fight over whether or not they had to comply with ADA, if they were then that would mean they were either a transportation company or employer maybe both, Uber will never let that happen.

nutzareus

I own multiple dogs and I'm able to keep the car clean even though I transport them frequently. Never had a customer mention dog hair or smell issues.

UberMetalPunk

It is part of the Uber Settlement with the National Federation for the Blind, related to the ADA, but not because of it. Uber created their policy as part of the settlement to accommodate the blind with service animals. By settling out of court they were able to avoid the fight over whether or not they had to comply with ADA, if they were then that would mean they were either a transportation company or employer maybe both, Uber will never let that happen.
Ok, cool...so. Who would pay for the @@@@ing dog hair please?!?! Or rather, can the dog hair cleaning fee be charged to SOMEONE other than me? If Uber pays does this mean that I'm on their shyt list?

Kawiz03

Get a lint brush my man i have a lab/beagle who sheds like no tomorrow, picked up a lint roller and it picks up hairs better than a vaccum cheap and you can keep it in the car. Why open a can of worms trying to get a ADA claim against you and risk having ABC 7 on your side make you into the monster who overcharged a blind person

vance1167

I have cancelled on a blind guy right in front of him walking to my car because no big dog gets in my car regardless if you're blind or not. I' sorry im a terrible person but no. Get in a taxi.

4aseason

I have cancelled on a blind guy right in front of him walking to my car because no big dog gets in my car regardless if you're blind or not. I' sorry im a terrible person but no. Get in a taxi.
I hear you bruh. Not sure I wouldn't do the same thing either.

Another Uber Driver

I have cancelled on a blind guy right in front of him walking to my car because no big dog gets in my car regardless if you're blind or not. Get in a taxi.
.........and when asked by the D.C. City Council about accessible vehicles, the first words out of T. Kalanick's mouth were "....you need to look to the taxicab industry.................."

The Original Poster has a couple of possibilities.

What nutzareus suggests is not bad. The cab has rubber floors and vinyl covered seats. Vacuuming dog hair is easy.

You could get a fistful of quarters and try one of those gasolene station vacuum cleaners and try to do the job yourself.

I used to have a Dustbuster that plugged into the cigaret lighter. That worked, again, because the cab has rubber floors and vinyl covered seats. I do not know how well it would work on carpeted floors.

Try a roll of lint tape. It should pick up much of the hair. It will be tedious, but it could save you a detailing bill.

I doubt that Uber will do much for you.

HERR_UBERMENSCH

How did he order an Uber if he is blind, braille phone? Weren't you afraid he would run up to your car and feel your license plate number?