"Service Animal" Fix, you're welcome

UberUber81

The service animal solution.

This is a step by step process on how to avoid transporting a live animal in your car while doing rideshare.

1) Turn off location at a light just before you enter the vicinity. Make sure the application says "rider notified".
2) Position yourself in a fashion as to see the house/building/street corner.
3) Once you see the passenger outside, and you have identified they have a live animal with them begin to rotate
back to the areawhere you turned your location off.
4) Drive around the pin area, and send text message about "where are you I don't see you outside". etc.
5) Wait some more. Drive around like you are confused.
6) Send another text "I'm sorry you aren't outside, please order a ride when you are ready."
7) Cancel No-Show or Cancel No Not Charge - Your option.

This process insulates you from being permnately deactivated. You might get a temp deactiavtion because the passenger lied
about you rejecting them because of the service animal, however more then likely they will chaulk it up to driver error or application error.

Now if they text or call you right after you accept their ping that they have a service animal, follow these steps.

1) Drive close to area.
2) Let all your air out of one of your tires.
3) Pull up to passenger and apologize that you just ran over something and blew out your tire.
Show them the "damaged" tire. Tell them you are going to cancel the ride without a fee and you are headed to a tire repair shop.
4) Once everyone is agreement about the unfortunetate event. Cancel and leave.
5) Pull out your portable tire inflator from the trunk and reinflate your tire.

Hope this helps you guys. I am not going to comment futher on this thread, this is just a gift to you fellow drivers.

Peace.

Julescase

This is a step by step process on how to avoid transporting a live animal in your car while doing rideshare.

1) Turn off location at a light just before you enter the vicinity. Make sure the application says "rider notified".
3) Once you see the passenger outside, and you have identified they have a live animal with them begin to rotate
4) Drive around the pin area, and send text message about "where are you I don't see you outside". etc.
6) Send another text "I'm sorry you aren't outside, please order a ride when you are ready."

This process insulates you from being permnately deactivated. You might get a temp deactiavtion because the passenger lied
about you rejecting them because of the service animal, however more then likely they will chaulk it up to driver error or application error.

Now if they text or call you right after you accept their ping that they have a service animal, follow these steps.

1) Drive close to area.
3) Pull up to passenger and apologize that you just ran over something and blew out your tire.
Show them the "damaged" tire. Tell them you are going to cancel the ride without a fee and you are headed to a tire repair shop.

Hope this helps you guys. I am not going to comment futher on this thread, this is just a gift to you fellow drivers.

Peace.

Thank you. Are there really that many drivers who refuse to transport animals?

For me, it's 10000 times easier to simply take the animal from Point A to Point B......

PrestonT

1) Drive close to area.

Peace.

Wow, you are willing to do a lot of work to keep someone from taking a trip with their service animal.

MoreTips

I have enjoyed the cleaning fees since I'm yet to have a pax with a real service animal. If their is hair in the seat it's a pay day, I don't get into the service animal discussion, I believe Uber won't pay a cleaning fee for a service animal unless the passenger has had multiple complaints against them.

steveK2016

The pax didnt lie through your own admission.

The GPS is surprisingly accurate. Itll show that you are intentionally avoiding the pin as you pretend to look for them.

When asked "why didn't you actually pull up to the pin when you claimed you coulsnt find the pax" I'm sure youll just find another lie to force out through your teeth.

Just Another Uber Drive

Easier to just toss down a tarp (I have a canvas painting tarp from Lowes) and take the dog and the owner to their destination. Too many of us have been deactivated over BS service animals and Uber will never have the driver's back on the topic of service animals.

Cableguynoe

because the passenger lied
about you rejecting them because of the service animal,
How is it that you consider this a lie?

1) Drive close to area.

Peace.
Absolutely horrible ideas. You have helped no one.

Hope this helps you guys.

It does not

I am not going to comment futher on this thread

Yeah keep walking punk. Don't let me catch you around here again!

SuzeCB

I have enjoyed the cleaning fees since I'm yet to have a pax with a real service animal. If their is hair in the seat it's a pay day, I don't get into the service animal discussion, I believe Uber won't pay a cleaning fee for a service animal unless the passenger has had multiple complaints against them.
They won't charge the passenger, but that should not interfere with your payment. And hair is not that difficult to get up. I find it very easy to gather it together using latex gloves, like they use in doctors offices. Use the side of your hand to scrape it to a particular area and then it gets easier to pick up.

service animals are pleasure to work with and in most of the cases i will prefer to transport a service animal then humans :smiles:
I'm finding it to be a real eye-opener about how many people are so willing to let everyone know what rotten human beings they are, doing the equivalent of kicking crutches out from under someone.

Mikek999

I actually had a pax called me in route to ask if I transported animals. I said I transport service animals. She said, “oh, my dog isn’t a service dog.” I told her sorry I don’t. She hung up. Three minutes later she cancelled the ride and I got my cancellation fee.

With that being said I’ve already made $25 from cancellations from high school underage pax. I call when I see pickup is at high school. Ask if they are 18 or over as I check ID when I arrive. They normally tell me no with some confusion. I tell them that they are in violation of TOS and that I can not pick them up, please cancel the ride. If I have to cancel I will report them as a fraudulent rider. I almost ALWAYS get a cancellation and get my cancellation fee — EASY MONEY!

Ezridax

I actually had a pax called me in route to ask if I transported animals. I said I transport service animals. She said, “oh, my dog isn’t a service dog.” I told her sorry I don’t. She hung up. Three minutes later she cancelled the ride and I got my cancellation fee.

With that being said I’ve already made $25 from cancellations from high school underage pax. I call when I see pickup is at high school. Ask if they are 18 or over as I check ID when I arrive. They normally tell me no with some confusion. I tell them that they are in violation of TOS and that I can not pick them up, please cancel the ride. If I have to cancel I will report them as a fraudulent rider. I almost ALWAYS get a cancellation and get my cancellation fee — EASY MONEY!
I’ve had $15 from underage high schoolers. Last one was just this morning. He was like “you’re joking right” when I told him I can’t take him, and was asking when this rule changed.

Kodyhead

Thank you. Are there really that many drivers who refuse to transport animals?

For me, it's 10000 times easier to simply take the animal from Point A to Point B......
Are there that many service animals to begin with to go through this much hassle lol

Dropking

Like your initiative. But how would you know they have a service animal before you arrive? This part confuses me. And it seems like an awful lot of work.

I'd rather just whiz by and say "gawd noooooooo" and then wing it in cancellations like I usually do. The driver has no idea it is a service animal on approach. What I object to is a rider who has not done the courtesy of a pre-call to explain there will be a dog. Often I say fine, but if they haven't called it shows an unruly, entitled, annoying passenger who I don't want in my car. Has nothing to do with the dog. It's the passenger. Dogs are cute. Service animals are fine.

Mikek999

I’ve had $15 from underage high schoolers. Last one was just this morning. He was like “you’re joking right” when I told him I can’t take him, and was asking when this rule changed.

That’s why I tell them that IF I CANCEL they will be reported as a violation of TOS and thier account will be deactivated. This normally shuts them down very quickly.

Dropking

That’s why I tell them that IF I CANCEL they will be reported as a violation of TOS and thier account will be deactivated. This normally shuts them down very quickly.

Yeah, good good, like the 'tude, but that's when he might complain that the creepy driver dude touched me, mom was just in the house for a moment, and suddenly you have bigger issues to confront. My personal policy is get away from these tots ASAP, then report the fraudulent rider to Uber so that maybeeee the rest of you don't have to deal with him again if Uber's 180 days of change actually changes things anyone cares about.

htboston

1) Drive close to area.

Peace.
All this extra trouble to make Uber look bad is totally fine by me lol

Why do people need service animals? Can't survival of the fittest finish them off? Service animals live crappy lives with these "disabled" people