1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Server Error, Cannot End Ride For 26 Hours Now

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Jared910, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Jared910

Jared910 New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    For the last 26 hours, my Uber driver app has been stuck in a ride. When I try to end the ride, I just get "Server Error". I have tried literally everything to fix it, uninstalling app, turning off phone, resetting network settings, etc. All to no avail. This morning when I opened my app, I wasn't online, but as soon as I went online again, I was right back to the same problem. The Uber support is of no help as all they send me is a generic spam of suggestions to help such as "turning off phone". At this point I am completely lost and it is very frustrating as I cannot work until this is fixed. Does anyone know how to get this server error to end?

2. haji

haji Well-Known Member

email uber

3. Jared910

Jared910 New Member

Driving:
    UberX

4. Dontmakemepullauonyou

Dontmakemepullauonyou Well-Known Member

Ask the reps to "escalate" it to a higher rep.

5. 5 Star Guy

5 Star Guy Well-Known Member

I'm usually good at figuring something like that out, this has me stumped. Could you log in and out on another phone, I imagine you couldn't log out on yours?

6. PTB

PTB Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    drive to an area where you get a good signal, then try to end the trip

7. PTB

PTB Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I get this alot when I am in an area where the sprint signal is bad and happens to be near the destination.
    I cannot end the trip at the drop off.

8. Jared910

Jared910 New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I can't do anything from my phone as I am still in the trip. And I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but I haven't tried doing it on someone's else's phone, however I don't think that would make a difference, as this morning when I opened my phone, I was not logged in, but upon logging in and pressing go online, I was immediately put back in the same ride and am stuck again.

9. Jared910

Jared910 New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    The difference is, this gives me a "Server Error" message, and has been going on for 27 hours now. On all wifi, and all data across the entire city. It is not a network problem.

10. PTB

PTB Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    maybe you can backup the data on your phone, then
    ERASE ALL content and settings, then
    install the Uber app and begin anew

11. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    Is there an Uber office in Sacramento? If so, take it there. If not, there is one in San Francisco. You could ride AMTRAP's Capitol to San Jose and a Caltrain Peninsula Commuter to San Francisco. A large amount of trouble, but if you want to get back to work, it may be your only option.

12. SibeRescueBrian

SibeRescueBrian Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    Either try live chatting with an actual Uber rep ( https://help.uber.com/h/ffe62d0b-094f-4669-ba51-58aae230aca3 ) or take your phone to your local Uber office and talk to someone there in person.

13. 5 Star Guy

I bet logging in your account on another phone could work, after you're logged out and uninstalled on your phone. Don't forget to log out on the temporary phone. It looks like it is the server, hope you don't have to delete your account or something.

14. Jared910

Jared910 New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Tried the online chat and they routed me to go into my local Uber office. I will try another phone and hopefully that works as my office is 30 miles away. Thank you for all the quick and helpful responses.

15. 5 Star Guy

Keep us posted, that will probably happen to someone else!

Another Uber Driver and Jared910 like this.
  16. Jared910

Jared910 New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Update: Uber support did nothing to help via email or chat, they both just referred me to visit my local Uber office. However today when I went on the app, the problem has mysteriously went away. So almost 48 hours with out being able to use the app, and it eventually just fixed itself. If anyone else is in the situation, try all the suggestions mentioned, but if they don't work just give it time.

Dontmakemepullauonyou likes this.

17. tkkp

tkkp New Member

so what happened to the last trip ? did the PAX get charged for 48hrs ride ?

Dontmakemepullauonyou likes this.
  18. Jared910

Jared910 New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    No the app actually didn't even count the trip at all. I currently just finished chatting with support about being reimbursed for the ride as not only did it force me out of work for 2 days, but that last ride didn't even count.

19. 5 Star Guy

I hate it when they say oh, this has never happened before, like you're a donkey or something.

kmartinez3218 and Jared910 like this.
  20. Dan Coogan

Dan Coogan Active Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Just had a chat with Uber:

Nikki Ariel
    "We are so sorry to hear about the trouble here.

Our team is aware of this issue and we appreciate your patience as work to resolve it as quickly as we can. I want to assure you that you will receive the fares that you earn during this time. While there might be a delay in your trips showing on your dashboard, they should be there within 48 hours."