1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Seriously, what is behind these numbers?

Discussion in 'Houston' started by itsablackmarket, Sep 10, 2015.

1. itsablackmarket

itsablackmarket Well-Known Member

I frequently browse Craiglist jobs listings. It's just a habit of mine.

Well Uber for the past month or so has been advertising $660/wk. Suddenly I've noticed they changed it to $640/wk. but even in the ad it still says $660.

What the ****?.. Seriously? $20 less? Where are they getting that from??

What does it all mean???

http://houston.craigslist.org/lab/5215555037.html

Richard Cranium likes this.
  2. UberXTampa

UberXTampa Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
  3. itsablackmarket

Well we all know that, but I want to know specifically where they are deriving these numbers from. This can't be a real average.

4. Trebor

Trebor Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    I flagged the post.

Not sure if that will help.

Maybe we can start to flag all Craigslist Uber ads as we are waiting for our next ping to come through. =)

5. Trebor

Trebor Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    You can use this link to view all job listings related to Uber on the Houston Website. You do not need to be logged in to flag posts.
    http://houston.craigslist.org/search/jjj?query=Uber

It does seem a lot of our fellow drivers are could be people from Craigslist. I am not sure how much of their new drivers come from this source, but hopefully it is enough to put a dent in their recruiting efforts if we start flagging. I can flag all I want, but I will have strength in numbers.

Fastest way to Flag - Click on the first posting. Click "prohibited" and then next to that you will see "previous/next" Click on Next. Repeat.

If you start to see "This post has been removed or flagged" Please let us know here. That means our efforts are working.

They do pay $5 per ad, so it maybe a little tougher to get craigslist to remove these as oppose to somebody selling something, since they should of been already screened.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
    Richard Cranium likes this.
  6. Trebor

Trebor Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Well, its probably because, as I am sitting here flagging these (already at the ones from 24 days ago) I am realizing how much they post these. They post these about 5 times a day in different categories of the jobs. "transportation, etc, general labor" Craigslist is not able to see what is in picture, but it is able to see if you you use the exact words over and over. So, it will say "Hey, you already posted this ad". So you change 660 to 640, and it goes through. Classic spammer technique.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  7. itsablackmarket

Ah yea that could be it.

8. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    They also post on all other job sites. I have searches set up for "real" jobs and I get uber ads while looking for jobs using keywords like research, biology, biochemical- makes NO sense. It would be hard for anyone looking for a job to NOT come across an Uber ad.

Richard Cranium and Trebor like this.
  9. Trebor

Trebor Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
  10. tripAces

tripAces Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    They spam it all. I saw an Indeed Ad for like so much an hour. I clicked on it. It goes straight to the sign up page for drivers. Lmao.

11. I have nuts

I have nuts Well-Known Member

Wait until they add the 5,000 new drivers to the mix, you'll be lucky if you make$150 a week. When I first started driving for Uber they were promising you could make $1000 a week. Lol, now is down to $600. This is the only job I've ever had were the pay decreases every year. ****ing uber man, you gotta love em.

12. tripAces

tripAces Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    But look at the bright side. Unemployement rate going down.:rolleyes:

13. Just one more trip

Just one more trip Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Love isn't the emotion I am experiencing........

[​IMG]