Serious Question are Marked Toronto Taxi's NOW allowed to pick up Uber X

uber fool

So this question is for Uber insiders and knowledgeable partners,yes this means you Actionjax, Myxx ,Bizion, Ladydriven and Gill.
Now earlier a partener posted this http://www.driveuber.ca/taxi2x1/ so my question is this will Marked Taxi's be able to pick up Uber X. Or are they just extending a offer to taxi drivers to use there own car to do Uber X at a discounted 20% rate. Also is anyone willing to email Uber to ask if Marked Taxi's can pick up Uber X.

My guess is they would have to do it with their personal cars , also rates for taxi are pretty much double uberx so it would make more sense , maybe what Kareem was talking about one of them got stupid and did it with his marked taxi but my guess is he shouldn't be doing that

uber fool

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My guess is they would have to do it with their personal cars , also rates for taxi are pretty much double uberx so it would make more sense , maybe what Kareem was talking about one of them got stupid and did it with his marked taxi but my guess is he shouldn't be doing that
Let me clarify if i am a licensed Taxi driver and my personal car is my independent marked taxi,will i be able to pick up Uber X rides
Please read this before responding http://www.driveuber.ca/taxi2x1/

ladydriven

Marked taxi can not pick up uber x. He would lose his taxi licence if caught. You can not do both at the same time. Also he would be fined not sure how much but uber should not have allowed him to use app on taxi car, they should hav caught is licence on vehicle is a taxi licence this is why I don't think this actually happened. Yes taxi drivers can uber but their car is leased to taxi company for insurance purposes and has taxi licence plate attached. Now if he has quit the company and has yet to removed the decals, but again when taxi drivers quit company usually the company removes its decals and takes plate back it now his personnel car and he can do anything he wants The back plate would tell what. This having been said taxi drivers have been known to try anything. But it would be wrong and both companies would fire him if caught. Taxis are consider property of the taxi company he signs his car over to them for fleet insurance.

Last edited:

uber fool

Marked taxi can not pick up uber x. He would lose his taxi licence if caught. You can not do both at the same time. Also he would be fined not sure how much but uber should not have allowed him to use app on taxi car, they should hav caught is licence on vehicle is a taxi licence this is why I don't think this actually happened
He would not lose his license taxis can now pick up whom they please and charge whatever they like,as the this was passed in the last bylaw.No doing uber x in a taxi was uber requirement that would get you deactivated from the uber platform

Let me clarify if i am a licensed Taxi driver and my personal car is my independent marked taxi,will i be able to pick up Uber X rides
Please read this before responding http://www.driveuber.ca/taxi2x1/
Lmao you mean the link I posted for you guys to read , maybe you should read better

The reason I didn't give a black and white answer is because I heared from a friend the taxi insurance is refusing to insure regular vehicles without taxi plate with commercial insurance for uber

Also on the new regulations do not apply until July 15 , as well taxi rate is at least double uber x, if they start doing that they will kill their own business

I know a bunch of taxi drivers that do taxi and uber in their own vehicles as majority of taxi drivers do not own the plates and the taxi is owned by a company which he has to pay dispatch fees and rental 12 hours a day x 7 days a week just doesn't make sense to pay rent and drive a taxi for uber rates , I might be wrong too but it just unlikely , as well minimum rates and regulation still apply for taxis until July 15

ladydriven

No taxi company will let you use their taxi to do uber . Yes he can do both but with has personnel car for Uber and drive taxi in his company car his city licence is good for both. His personnel car carries uber insurance taxi carriers commercial insurance. If he is doing uber in taxi his insurance on the vehicle would be void, thus invalid insurance, loses taxi licence. Taxi is not his personnel vehicle anymore and insurance is in company name not his. You can't do uber in a vehicle that doesn't have your name on insurance slip see uber agreement you signed.

Last edited:

uber fool

Lmao you mean the link I posted for you guys to read , maybe you should read better

The reason I didn't give a black and white answer is because I heared from a friend the taxi insurance is refusing to insure regular vehicles without taxi plate with commercial insurance for uber

Also on the new regulations do not apply until July 15 , as well taxi rate is at least double uber x, if they start doing that they will kill their own business

I know a bunch of taxi drivers that do taxi and uber in their own vehicles as majority of taxi drivers do not own the plates and the taxi is owned by a company which he has to pay dispatch fees and rental 12 hours a day x 7 days a week just doesn't make sense to pay rent and drive a taxi for uber rates , I might be wrong too but it just unlikely , as well minimum rates and regulation still apply for taxis until July 15
Actually thats incorrect July 15 is the due date to have achieved everything that was put in the bylaw most of the laws were already enacted. Some were enacted a week after the vote. Example you no longer need to do the 17 day course for a taxi license.Secondly i did not ask whether or not taxi would choose to accept Uber rates,nor did i ask whether or not taxi drivers own plates,nor did i ask about dispatch fees(independant taxis dont have dispatch fees),or rental fees. As i know about these all to well as i have owned, rented taxi plates and dispatched with many companies.
The question is are marked taxis(VEHICLE) now allowed to pick up fares on the Uber x platform. I am leaning towards no,but clarification is still needed. Also will Uber turn a blind eye to those doing Uber x in a marked taxi

uber fool

No taxi company will let you use their taxi to do uber . Yes he can do both but with has personnel car for Heber and drive tact in his company can
First off a lot of Taxis do not work for any company at all, these are called independant taxis that do street hails and use taxi stands.Some of these stands like union station only allow independant taxis to line up. Also HAILO was here before Uber ,only company that did not let drivers use the Hailo app was beck the others did not care. Hailo was a app Uber stole and applied to all drivers instead of just licensed taxis

ladydriven

Then it would depend on if taxi he is using has his name on the insurance slip or is it registered to his number company he uses for tax purposes. I would think the car is registered to his company and has commercial plates or taxi plate. Uber says insurance has to have your name on insurance slip so again no I don't think uber would allow vehicle to be used.

Last edited:

uber fool

Then it would depend on if taxi he is using has his name on the insurance slip or is it registered to his number company he uses for tax purposes. I would think the car is registered to his company and has commercial plates. Uber says insurance has to have your name on insurance slip so again no
Taxi plate owners and leasee insurance display your full name on the insurance slip,fleet insurance bears the name of what ever numbered company you rent from. So if you own 1 taxi and plate the insurance would display your full name and secondary driver if applicable.
3 Types of insurance
Single driver John Smith
Double driver John Smith & John Doe
Fleet insurance Corp#253737

uber fool

Then it would depend on if taxi he is using has his name on the insurance slip or is it registered to his number company he uses for tax purposes. I would think the car is registered to his company and has commercial plates or taxi plate. Uber says insurance has to have your name on insurance slip so again no I don't think uber would allow vehicle to be used.
Only rented taxi s does bear the drivers name
Your policy must bear your name on the card in case the police pull you over and try to ascertain whether or not you are insured to drive the said vehicle.If the card only had a number anyone could drive it a simply claim they are insured.Business number has nothing to do with insurance.Some taxi business and plate owners dont even have a drivers license

Uberchampion

Only rented taxi s does bear the drivers name
Your policy must bear your name on the card in case the police pull you over and try to ascertain whether or not you are insured to drive the said vehicle.If the card only had a number anyone could drive it a simply claim they are insured.Business number has nothing to do with insurance.Some taxi business and plate owners dont even have a drivers license
Ambassador cabs are owned by the driver right?

Fuzzyelvis

It says personal vehicle. Assumption is NOT a marked taxi cab, regardless of who owns it.

They're just trying to hire away taxi drivers is all. Part of their put taxis out of business and world domination dream. Basically they want to take a taxi driver who uses the uber taxi app and convert them to uberx, having them work so many hours they can't do both (since they can't be done in the same vehicle and therefore not at the same time).

uber fool

So since they are independent, they should be able to pick up x customers right?
If that is the case i would switch to taxi, street hails taxi stands personal clients and uber x.That would be a golden egg for taxis. It would put the regular x driver out of business.