1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Sent home without pay

Discussion in 'Flex' started by Lol, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Lol

Lol

Have you been sent home without pay? The agreement doesn't state that you shouldn't be paid if you arrive late. There is no 5 minute check-in rule in the agreement.

PM me if you have been sent home without pay, I will be starting a class action next week.

Ozzyoz likes this.
  2. oicu812

oicu812

Good luck. Amazon has expensive lawyers.

3. rozz

rozz

Or, you know, just arrive early like most responsible adults. Please exclude everyone here from your frivolous lawsuit.

XLR8 and Peteza34 like this.
  4. Lol

Lol

5. enigmaquip

enigmaquip

I'm not sure what entitled snowflake mental gymnastics you have to go through to think you deserve payment for not arriving at the agreed upon time for work you contracted to do, but you do you and waste money on a frivolous lawsuit

6. Bygosh

Bygosh

Umm the Supreme Court just ruled that the arbitration agreements we signed are legit. So unless you and anyone else you recruit opted out of arbitration you wont be starting any class action.

Also you were late... you should get sent home.

7. Lol

Lol

Nowhere does the agreement say "you missed the start time, no pay for you". It says deliveries between 4-6pm :) I opted out of arbitration, did the smart thing.

8. I think this takes the cake for the dumbest post I've ever seen on here.

Bob Driver, Movaldriver, XLR8 and 2 others like this.
  9. I mean, I've been doing this for a while and have never been late... until just this Monday. I usually show up 10 mins early, but I got a flat. I changed that sucker out in 20 mins even and showed up exactly 10 mins late. They sent me home... which is pretty far btw.
    It's not worth the trouble but if some1 else is going to do the legwork I'll throw my name in.

10. Lee6969

Lee6969

^^ twice in last month. Traffic in my city is crazy, gotta leave 40 minutes early to reach the warehouse, that's 15 miles away. Its funny that the app says "you missed your block" and nothing else. I did block my time for those 2 hours.

11. jester121

jester121

I didn't think opting out of arb was even an option for Flex, wasn't that just an Uber thing? (not bothering to check... just idle curiosity).

12. Bygosh

Bygosh

It was a thing. I believe it was 14 days from when new TOS came out or if you are new.

13. RamzFanz

RamzFanz

Username checks out.

14. It is an option. You have to do it within your 1st 14 or 30 days of starting. Can't remember which.

15. Woohaa

Woohaa

"Pay me for just showing up." :rolleyes:

Movaldriver likes this.
  16. DJWolford

DJWolford

Driving:
    UberSUV

If Jeff Bezos read this he would literally have some amazon crony first laugh at you and then take a big dump on your face for thinking you can do anything vs a Giant like Amazon with a frivolous claim

17. Yulli Yung

Yulli Yung

Driving:
    UberX
    What a gigantic waste of time and energy! This nation is totally sue crazy.

Bob Driver and Movaldriver like this.