Selfies.......

Spursman

Seems like every time I log on I have to send a selfie. Now, I get that Uber in it's ultimate wisdom think that this action ensures that the driver is the account holder. Perhaps they think that some of our cricket loving drivers (Hugh calls them Mombai Camry Club members) are doing shifty things and this will stop them.

If the MCC members want to screw the system they could just have the account holder take the selfie then pass the keys and car over to his unauthorised "brother" to drive.

Kinda pointless IMO.

Golfer

yeah i think you are onto oober there. I seem to be asked for a selfie twice a week now... then i have get back inside the house and slick down my hair with brylcream ( keeping up appearances)
Well before Xmas I was getting the usual selfie ( still am). Sometimes twice a week
,now one day did selfie , but the app said " further action required " :eek::thumbdown:and asked me to virtually match me with my car , ( never had that before), the whole process took about 15 min . Taking endless pics, of my docos , only the fact I was on wrong side of river did I persist,
If closer to home would have been less stressful, with a coffee or something stronger:smiles:

Hugh G

Seems like every time I log on I have to send a selfie. Now, I get that Uber in it's ultimate wisdom think that this action ensures that the driver is the account holder. Perhaps they think that some of our cricket loving drivers (Hugh calls them Mombai Camry Club members) are doing shifty things and this will stop them.

If the MCC members want to screw the system they could just have the account holder take the selfie then pass the keys and car over to his unauthorised "brother" to drive.

Kinda pointless IMO.
The daily selfies and the recent handing of the driver's details to an independent, responsible entity may just be UBER taking steps to appear to be a great brand.

I think we will shortly see an announcement from UBER to the PUBLIC that they are vigorously enforcing driver ID verification.

The more UBER appears to be the law-abiding, co-operative, customer-comes-first corporate citizen then the better the UBER IPO will go.